Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Sway bar kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-16, 04:38 PM
sade04
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm confused why everyone is saying the rear bar is 20mm? The listings all say 16mm rear?

I want to pick up a set but need to make sure I get the right sized bushings. Those who have bought these, can you guys please check the sizes?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321688626225?item=321688626225&viewitem=&vxp=mtr&rmvSB=true
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Swaybar-Fron...xU-etT&vxp=mtr
Old 04-12-16, 05:10 PM
02LexGS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sade04
I'm confused why everyone is saying the rear bar is 20mm? The listings all say 16mm rear?

I want to pick up a set but need to make sure I get the right sized bushings. Those who have bought these, can you guys please check the sizes?

Front Rear Sway Bar Stabilizer Anti Roll Arm Fit Lexus 98 00 GS400 98 05 GS300 | eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Swaybar-Fron...xU-etT&vxp=mtr
They must have changed it because my set that I just ordered a month ago was 20mm rear. Bushings fit perfectly also
Old 04-13-16, 01:02 PM
sade04
Driver

I contacted the seller "speedyracerparts", he confirmed that they only have the 16mm rear bars in stock at the moment. He cannot say when they'll get more 20mm ones and that it could be a month or more. He said they just got a shipment this month but didn’t receive any 20mm ones.

So if any of you guys are planning on getting this kit, I’d hold out till the larger bars are in stock.

Also - I'm certain that speedyracerparts and emusa are the same sellers. Both are out of Indiana
Old 04-13-16, 05:44 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts
Default update

i made the mistake of posting a new thread instead of just updating to this thread. so i bought both sway bars from emusa off of ebay. i bought them b/c they were advertised as 30mm front and 20mm. rear. so i got them in last week to discover that the front was correct and fit in the vehicle but the rear bar was not 20mm. as advertised but 16mm. so i contacted the seller and they confirmed that they don't carry rear 20mm bar. so they refunded me some money for the incorrect rear bar and let me keep it. but it doesn't even fit. its too long and the ends are at an angle which the rear factory bar looks nothing alike. so i gave it to my neighbor to make art with. so I wound up buying a megan racing rear bar 19mm and got it the other day. It is beautiful and very well made and came with rubber bushings (did not use). so now I installed both sway bars and the car no longer has any body roll. its very nice. I recommend to anyone who has a gs to upgrade their bars.
Old 05-18-16, 10:28 AM
sade04
Driver

Originally Posted by GrVitesse
So I installed the Ebay "EMUSA" front and rear sways with Prothane bushings (linked above) and stock links. My GS400 handles like a different car now - on hard, tight turns it'll stay upright and lose traction before the body has a chance to lean. Faster, safer, smoother, and still rides as gently as before when driving in a straight line, but much more stable feeling at high speeds. This is amazing, and I'm surprised that Lexus didn't make them like this in the first place. Thanks for the help and recommendations.
Can you please take a picture of how your prothane bushings fit on the rear bar? The universal 20mm bushings you linked above have a flat bottom where the factory gs mount (portion attached to the body) only accepts a rounded bushing. I ordered the same bushings but needed to shave down the flat part to make it (kinda) fit. If I hadn't done that, there is no way it would have worked.

How did you make your fit?
Old 07-16-16, 12:11 AM
snakehead
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I need new TRD sway bar bushings , where do i find these bushings ???
Old 08-28-16, 05:11 AM
clintdaddy
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Contacted EMUSA and the rear bar is indeed 16mm (stock rear sway is 15mm). The rep also said they will not be getting the 20mm rear sways anymore.
Old 08-28-16, 07:13 AM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

Just go with the megan racing rear sway bar, you won't regret it. its a 19mm rear bar. very well made and has a stunning blue power coat finish. I purchased front and rear sway bar bushings from figs engineering. they are a really good design and come with the lube also. needless to say, the car handles completely different now.
Old 08-29-16, 08:13 AM
hcharlesc3
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by badblackgs
Just go with the megan racing rear sway bar, you won't regret it. its a 19mm rear bar. very well made and has a stunning blue power coat finish. I purchased front and rear sway bar bushings from figs engineering. they are a really good design and come with the lube also. needless to say, the car handles completely different now.
That's the same thing i did. The bushings that come with the emusa bars are trash. The megan rear sway bar is pretty good quality and its also adjustable.
Old 08-29-16, 09:10 AM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by hcharlesc3
That's the same thing i did. The bushings that come with the emusa bars are trash. The megan rear sway bar is pretty good quality and its also adjustable.
Our rear bar is only $220 and comes with the bushings. We also spent a great deal of time to get ours done for the market complete with endlinks. They are adjustable, fit great and we also offer the high quality front bar.
Just putting it out there.
http://shopfigs.com/v3/index.php?rou...earch=sway+bar

Mike
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 09-05-21, 03:39 PM
VapeDude
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I was looking to get one of these Rear Sway bar from FIGS but I see them out of stock for the past 2 weeks. Will you have them available again?
Old 09-06-21, 07:25 AM
dwoods801
Instructor

Received 210 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by VapeDude
I was looking to get one of these Rear Sway bar from FIGS but I see them out of stock for the past 2 weeks. Will you have them available again?
looks like they are in-stock this morning.
Old 09-07-21, 09:06 AM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by VapeDude
We just got a few of the rears in after a considerable wait. So you should be good to order.
Mike
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions