Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Issues with TM Engineering (no longer an approved CL vendor) - merged threads

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-08, 06:42 AM
slappy96
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Issues with TM Engineering (no longer an approved CL vendor) - merged threads

I placed an order with TM Engineering for the Daizen steering rack bushing kit on February 22nd 2008. I have sent 4 E-mails and tried to call them 5 times since to no avail. Left messages 4 times. If anyone knows anything about this company please help.
Old 05-29-08, 06:54 AM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

have you filed a dispute with your credit card company?
Old 05-29-08, 07:30 AM
TJohnson
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered the exact same thing in the middle of March and received them within about 2 weeks. They didn't answer my phone calls or emails either when I wanted to see about a status of it but they showed up eventually.

Did they charge you already? If so, I'd be on the phone w/ your CC company to dispute it since its been over 3 months now.
Old 05-29-08, 08:32 AM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought the steering rack bushings from them a few months ago and I didnt receive it for over a month. So I emailed them. They got back to me right away and said that my order somehow didn't make it to their system. I had already paid for it too. So they shipped it to me right away and I got it 3 days after.
Old 05-29-08, 08:45 AM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

They are absolutely terrible with communication, but you get the right product in the end.
Old 05-29-08, 03:00 PM
IonFeright
Lead Lap

They're crazy busy over there. I picked up my coilovers in person from their shop and they had me wait a few days extra cuz they were going out of town or something. So maybe they are just out for a few days. They are stand up guys though. I really wouldnt worry about getting ripped off.
Old 05-29-08, 03:16 PM
itazura
Pole Position

just keep trying to call. be persistant. best time i would say is either late afternoon or even night hours. they eventually answer. todd is a good guy.
Old 05-29-08, 03:18 PM
UpInTheLex
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

I called them 2 weeks ago. Ordered steering rack bushings for my SC. They came in one week promptly. I even shot the **** with one of the guys on the phone for 10 mins. My experience was great.

Last edited by UpInTheLex; 05-29-08 at 03:18 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-29-08, 07:23 PM
slappy96
Lead Lap

I appreciate all the info. I'll keep trying.
Old 06-02-08, 08:02 PM
sumotime
Rookie

They moved to a new building this past weekend . So no parts for me .My car is on the rack at the mechanics and i have too wait.
Old 06-03-08, 08:02 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Tm has always had poor customer service. It's very hard to reach them at any time. I would go somewhere else (like sewell lexus) before I go to TM again. There have been a case where one guy didn't get his coilovers until about a year later.

Until Todd hires a receptionist of some sort, I refuse to buy from TM.
Old 06-03-08, 06:30 PM
sumotime
Rookie

Talked to todd and ordered the parts I needed. Sewell , Carson, Pembroke Pines all blew me off when I called for urathene bushings. I gopt ahold of hime early 8:00am PT and 6:30pm PT .They are a small company that is about the only game in town when it comes to bushings. Sumo
Old 06-03-08, 06:37 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Originally Posted by sumotime
Talked to todd and ordered the parts I needed. Sewell , Carson, Pembroke Pines all blew me off when I called for urathene bushings.
What do you mean by "blew me off?" Did they refuse to take your order or did they not just have them in stock?
Old 06-03-08, 06:53 PM
sumotime
Rookie

G steg,
They did not have the parts at one place. I forget which one and the other 2 when I mentioned what I was looking for they literally blew me off . IE" No we do not handle those kind of parts ." I just felt like I was getting nowhere with the 3 companies. The bushings I ordered from TM were a PIA to find on the NET. I tried for 3 hours to find a company to order from. Sumo
Old 06-03-08, 07:10 PM
GSteg
Rookie

The one TM carries is Daizen. Of the three places you listed, only Sewell has Daizen. Carson Toyota deals with Polyurethane, but not a full set and are not a dealer for Daizen. Pembroke Pine handles OEM parts only so you're not going to be able to find polyurethane bushings there either.

Quick Reply: Issues with TM Engineering (no longer an approved CL vendor) - merged threads