SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

2003 SC430 shifter parts

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-17, 08:20 PM
HardTimes
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2003 SC430 shifter parts

I've searched and searched CL and via Google and have to this point come up empty.
Does anyone happen to have a parts number for shifter "dust/debris cover" - for lack of a better name
I'm referring to that strip of plastic/rubber that slides forward and backward with the shifter. I just purchased this car a couple weeks ago and am trying to get it "reconditioned". Little things like this broken plastic kinda drive me nuts. I did take things apart enough that I know I can get to it, just need a part (part number) to get it replaced.

I also discovered the bulb is burned out that lights up the shifter - I didn't take it out, is that a standard bulb or is there a part number I need to find for that too?

I have just purchased a repair manual so that I can look stuff up a little more independently, just looking for a little help.

Thank you
The following users liked this post:
Millano33 (11-27-21)
Old 10-20-17, 04:12 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 855 Likes on 688 Posts

Originally Posted by HardTimes
I've searched and searched CL and via Google and have to this point come up empty.
Does anyone happen to have a parts number for shifter "dust/debris cover" - for lack of a better name
I'm referring to that strip of plastic/rubber that slides forward and backward with the shifter. I just purchased this car a couple weeks ago and am trying to get it "reconditioned". Little things like this broken plastic kinda drive me nuts. I did take things apart enough that I know I can get to it, just need a part (part number) to get it replaced.

I also discovered the bulb is burned out that lights up the shifter - I didn't take it out, is that a standard bulb or is there a part number I need to find for that too?

I have just purchased a repair manual so that I can look stuff up a little more independently, just looking for a little help.

Thank you
I purchased several small parts from my Lexus parts person right after I purchased my SC430.
they can tell you if it is available and will provide the part number, if it is available.
Old 10-20-17, 06:11 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Received 543 Likes on 413 Posts

Originally Posted by HardTimes

Thank you
Any body shop can help you. The question is do they want to help? Worth to try.
Old 10-22-17, 10:19 AM
DshngDaryl
Pole Position

Received 458 Likes on 384 Posts

These videos might be of help to you. The part you are looking for might be called a gear shift indicator. If you watch the video, you can see it is a pretty big part, which should help you find it.
Old 10-22-17, 10:34 AM
DshngDaryl
Pole Position

Received 458 Likes on 384 Posts

My guess is you need part
https://www.lexussouthatlantaparts.com/products/LEXUS/2002/SC430/FLOOR-SHIFT-ASSEMBLY--TRANSMISSION-FLOOR-SHIFT-ASSY--TR/5700496/3355024201.html

and
the two light bulbs are
https://www.lexussouthatlantaparts.c...098111018.html

If it helps, you are not the only one who went through this
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...indicator.html
The following 2 users liked this post by DshngDaryl:
JDaveSC430 (10-22-17), Millano33 (11-27-21)
Old 10-23-17, 12:46 PM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

Try mylparts, been buying all my Lexus parts from them...

I do my research from the net and after I find the part numbers, I go to buy them from mylparts.

Quick delivery and you can call them, too. Good luck with your parts' search.

Old 10-25-17, 07:00 AM
HardTimes
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Update

Thank to all that have volunteered information.
Seems I have taken a different road however. I found on eBay (fleebay? ) a used shifter unit. The topside with all the letters and number was trashed due to cigarette burns, but the part I need is under the indicator cover. Somehow the little dust cover (moves with the shifter as you go from park to other gears) in my '03 SC430 was broken in pieces. I purchased the entire shifter (has the slider - hopefully in good condition, and presumably the light bulb) for $17.50 including shipping. I figure if I can scavenge both parts from this shifter for that amount of money, I'm golden. If not ..... another $17.50 wasted. Hopefully I can at least get the part number off the part I need. If I can, I will post it here so that others may benefit.
Old 10-25-17, 07:40 AM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

Good luck with your quest!