SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Techstream Cable Firmware Software Version Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-17, 05:42 PM
carlfordrx
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Htony thanks for your reply also. Which versions did you try on your 15 RXH ??? I am sure this will help all of us if you can remember. Thanks again, Carl
Old 09-20-17, 06:13 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 855 Likes on 688 Posts

Here is a link to the newer software...12.10.019, remember, these sellers are really only selling you the cable...the software is just a bonus for the buyer.

Last edited by RA40; 06-08-21 at 12:19 PM. Reason: link removed
Old 09-20-17, 07:38 PM
carlfordrx
Driver School Candidate

OK here is another one called VXDIAG VCX nano for Toyota tis. Cost 3x to 4x the cheaper cables cost. Also can be wireless but from shat I have gleaned so far the cable for it is better. I did email one seller on ebay and they said it would do what I want (key and lps stuff) on my 07 RXH. I also read in another place that it would do 2015's also. Maybe and maybe not on both counts. Bad thing is ebay will stand behind the guarantee but you must ship it back if you want a refund and the cost to ship back to China with tracking is about $ 50.00. So it's a gamble but I am leaning that way unless someone has had experience with one of these. It does come in a multi vehicle version also but it seems the difference is the techstream type of software for other models. I am attaching a link if it is allowed but in no way supporting it yet until I learn more. MODs fell free to delete any part of this post if you deem necessary. This is NOT an ad for anything. Respectfully, Carl http://www.ebay.com/itm/Newest-VXDIA...AAAOSwwzhZOQ1W or search google for http://www.vxdiagshop.com/
Old 09-21-17, 09:55 AM
TominBoise
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bgw70
Tom, I am guessing you downloaded a new version of software, not firmware, correct?
and I think you meant the software download now allows the cable to connect to your SC and RX, is that true?

do you know if you cable has firmware v1.4.1 or v2.0.4?
Bgw you are correct it is software 12.10.019 that I upgraded. I found it as a free download when I searched on google.
As far as the cable firmware i am not really sure When I installed the original software it also installed a XHorse firmware update tool 2.0.1 for Mini-VCI. I plug in the cable and open up the update tool I click on device info and it says the firmware is 1.4.1. Not sure if there is another place to check this.
When I connect to my 08 sc430 and connect to vehicle it populates with the make model year and vin # automatically. When I connect to my 16 rx350 it does not populate these fields, I nedd to do this manually. The reason I wanted to connect to my RX350 is so I can change the number of blinks on the lane change from 3 to 5 or 7, but so far I am unable to find this under the customize tab. It might be there but I have ot found it yet.
Old 09-21-17, 10:23 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TominBoise
Bgw you are correct it is software 12.10.019 that I upgraded. I found it as a free download when I searched on google.
As far as the cable firmware i am not really sure When I installed the original software it also installed a XHorse firmware update tool 2.0.1 for Mini-VCI. I plug in the cable and open up the update tool I click on device info and it says the firmware is 1.4.1. Not sure if there is another place to check this.
When I connect to my 08 sc430 and connect to vehicle it populates with the make model year and vin # automatically. When I connect to my 16 rx350 it does not populate these fields, I nedd to do this manually. The reason I wanted to connect to my RX350 is so I can change the number of blinks on the lane change from 3 to 5 or 7, but so far I am unable to find this under the customize tab. It might be there but I have ot found it yet.
check out this thread for rx350 blinker programming.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...rn-signal.html
Old 09-21-17, 10:34 AM
DshngDaryl
Pole Position

Received 458 Likes on 384 Posts

Hey BGW, you once gave us a warning that a lot of these Chinese software packages have viruses. I just wanted to share the warning again.

Also, Google won't allow downloads of the MCVI driver because it has a virus in it, further proving your point.

Last edited by RA40; 06-08-21 at 12:19 PM. Reason: link removed
Old 09-21-17, 02:13 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DashingDar
Hey BGW, you once gave us a warning that a lot of these Chinese software packages have viruses. I just wanted to share the warning again.

Also, Google won't allow downloads of the MCVI driver because it has a virus in it, further proving your point.
good reminder DD, and that is why I continue to use an old machine that is dedicated only to TechStream and my Honda software.

Last edited by Bgw70; 10-08-17 at 04:13 AM.
Old 09-23-17, 11:54 AM
TominBoise
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bgw70
check out this thread for rx350 blinker programming.https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...rn-signal.html
Thanks for the link but it does not work on the 16 rx350. In the 15 rx 350 this was a customer changeable item through the menus, but for the 16 rx350 Lexus changed it to a dealer only change option. Don't understand why I.m still looking in techstream but unable to find it. Probably not looking in the right place.
Old 09-23-17, 04:20 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TominBoise
Thanks for the link but it does not work on the 16 rx350. In the 15 rx 350 this was a customer changeable item through the menus, but for the 16 rx350 Lexus changed it to a dealer only change option. Don't understand why I.m still looking in techstream but unable to find it. Probably not looking in the right place.
Wish I could give you some info but I have no idea if it will work with a new Lexus. My knowledge only goes up to a 2010 Camry...
Old 10-07-17, 07:27 PM
carlfordrx
Driver School Candidate

I got the VXDIAG and tried it out tonight. It DOES work. key programming, lps, drl's can be turned off, I am using a win7 pro 32bit machine and it works perfectly. I did find that you have to install the VX.exe first as that is the driver and then install the TIS 12.000.127 I think works great. You have to copy a file to the techstream folder and register a number that is included on the cd. I will look up the version numbers on the hardware and on the software and post them tomorrow after I get a chance to play some more. It does write and it has more options than my old 07 rx400h really has so anything it does not have is left blank . I was using the same software version with the cheap cable and would not write or give me the "utility" option. Same software just a different driver and hardware so don't know if the cheaper cable would have worked as I have already sent that one back for my refund. In my other post there is a link to the one I got that does work. I did email the seller before purchase and he said it would do the keys and lps so he did tell the truth and it DOES. Carl
Old 01-13-18, 01:18 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

Okay, so I've read 5 or 6 threads on the Techstream and am a little dazed with all the information flying about. (Since I managed to misplace my Techstream prior to loading it on my pc, I need to buy another one.) Can you help me out?

From what I've gathered for my 2002, I need to:
  • Buy a cable with firmware 1.4.1
  • I'm confused about which software version and how to load it on a newer machine. 12.10.019? (I do have a Vista machine that I can use if it will run.)
  • I saw that someone loaded the software onto a 64 bit machine and said that there was some tweaking required to do that but didn't explain it. (I can't find the post now to point out who said that.) What is the trick?
  • Do all of the software versions out there have viruses? Is there a safe place to download it from?
  • Every time that I use the Techstream (unmodified) will cause error lights on the instrument panel right? The way to correct this is to: 1. reset with the paper clip method (or in an adapter modified to short out those two pins on the OBD connector), 2. remove the resistors that Retroplay suggested, 3. make an adapter (like the reset adapter) that opens up the two connection paths that Retroplay referred to. Does this sound right?
  • I'm seeing a wide variance in prices for the Techstream, so perhaps I'm not searching for the proper name. What do I search for? (I do see some Techstreams that seem to target Toyota or Toyota tis.) I'm guessing that it can be purchased on ebay or Amazon.
Old 01-13-18, 01:53 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Oh wait, I think that I just found my cable. Is this the right one? It has a nondescript CD with it that I'm guessing is the software package, but I think that I'll wait for answers for the previous post before loading it.
Attached Thumbnails Techstream Cable Firmware Software Version Help-20180113_154708-1-.jpg  
Old 01-14-18, 02:12 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Harold57
Oh wait, I think that I just found my cable. Is this the right one? It has a nondescript CD with it that I'm guessing is the software package, but I think that I'll wait for answers for the previous post before loading it.
Yes, that is the cable...as for loading it, I loaded mine on an old laptop with WinXp. I know you can load it on newer machines but I will be of no help.

To reset the dash light, jump pins 4&14.
I made a dash light reset tool using an OBDII connector.

Reset tool thread. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...c430-help.html

Last edited by Bgw70; 01-14-18 at 02:16 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Harold57 (01-14-18)
Old 01-14-18, 07:45 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Thanks Bgw.

Is there a "trusted" website that is best to download the software or just use the CD that I have? What version of the software should I download?
Old 01-14-18, 08:20 AM
Htony
Lexus Champion

Received 133 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by sippy2
I bought one....was told it would work on my windows seven machine. Sent with specific instructions on how to load software....how to bypass key. A lot of computer mumbo jumbo. I couldn't get it to work ......contacted seller in china...he was very helpful...he spent a couple of hours trying to get everything working...never did...he sent me another cable...I tried to load it...didn't work.I looked at buying a laptop at local comp store for $85....but decided to cut my losses and said F-it. I am retiring soon...so some day when I am bored I will try it again.

Hope your experience is better.
Maybe you are not installing it correctly. There are quite a few Youtube tutorials. It always instlled first time and worked for me. Sure works fine on W7 either 32 or 64 bit .

Quick Reply: Techstream Cable Firmware Software Version Help