RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Keyless entry ......

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-17, 07:03 AM
squaresail
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keyless entry ......

Enter drivers door and only it un-locks. I want all doors to un-lock ... how?
Old 04-26-17, 09:37 AM
tus
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Buried in one of the setup screens there is a setting you can change. Where it is would depend on what year the car is and if you have nav or not.
Old 04-26-17, 11:43 AM
phlorida
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

That is annoying and was one of the first custom settings that I made to the car. As the other person mentioned, without more details on your car we would be guessing. I found the process in the manual.
Old 04-26-17, 02:34 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

squaresail, welcome to CL. Like tus said, it's a setting you can change under Vehicle Customization.

The full list of Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS) is located in the FAQ thread by model year. The one above is for the 2015 RX.
Old 04-26-17, 03:34 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

When you say "enter" I'm assuming you want to unlock all doors from the outside.

To do this, take your key fob and hold the lock and unlock buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds (you'll hear two sets of beeps). You should be able to unlock all doors instead of just the driver's. If you change your mind in the future, you can go back by performing the same procedure.
The following users liked this post:
squaresail (04-27-17)
Old 04-27-17, 12:16 PM
ColAngus
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
When you say "enter" I'm assuming you want to unlock all doors from the outside.

To do this, take your key fob and hold the lock and unlock buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds (you'll hear two sets of beeps). You should be able to unlock all doors instead of just the driver's. If you change your mind in the future, you can go back by performing the same procedure.
He means that when you grab the driver's door handle, only IT unlocks, rather than all the doors to let your family in.
Fumbling with fob's is for n00bs, LoL!
Old 04-27-17, 12:55 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Yes, that is correct. The procedure I listed will change the setting so that all doors will unlock when he/she grabs the door handle from the outside. This cannot be changed under Vehicle Customization.
Old 04-27-17, 08:28 PM
squaresail
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
Yes, that is correct. The procedure I listed will change the setting so that all doors will unlock when he/she grabs the door handle from the outside. This cannot be changed under Vehicle Customization.
I did just what Henry said and it worked perfectly. Thanks Henry!!
Old 04-30-17, 04:02 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts
Default Watch Out For Slider Thief at gas stations!!!

A word of caution.

In some big metro area, you don't really want all four doors unlocked when you just open the driver side door due to safety reasons.

Also you may not want all four doors unlocked when you open your driver side door to get out. The following senario has been documented and shown on national news: An example is at the gas station.......you pull up to a busy metropolitan area gas station. You put the car in park and shut off the engine. You open the driver side door to get out and pump gas. If your car unlocks all four doors when you open your​ driver​ side door, then this may pose a safety threat. Because cases where the sliding thief with the car parked next to you on the passenger side (or driver side) can squat down and slide to your car's unlocked door when you are working the pump and not looking.......open your passenger (or driver side) doors and steal your wallet, purse, anything valuable, and etc....

So I make sure when I open my driver side door either via remote, by pulling on the outside handle, or just opening from inside. ... only that driver side door is unlocked. All other doors remain locked UNTIL I PRESS ANOTHER BUTTON EITHER​ON THE REMOTE OR INSIDE THE CAR TO UNLOCK ALL THE REMAINING DOORS. Some may think this is inconvenient or whatever, but I rather be safe than sorry. Usually I see this unlocking of all four doors either whenever I put the the car in Park or just by opening the driver side door in rental cars a lot.

The stealing from "sliders" can occur on BOTH sides of the car, meaning driver side AND passenger side when the door is not locked.

Also note in the YouTube video below......the slider thief first tried by pulling on a door handle and discovered the door was locked. So he got back into his own suv parked next to the victim's car and waited until the owner returned to the vehicle and while the owner was getting the pump ready, the slider thief had already STOLED the purse from the car!!!! It only took like 3 seconds!!!

Situation AWARENESS is the key. Any time I'm in situations where a person or another vehicle come into close proximity to me.......my eyes and ears are on it. If I find the situation too hot, I remove myself from it by leaving immediately.

Recently I got off from my flight at MSY. Got a rental car and headed out. I had just gotten out of the airport area and pulled into a gas station to get some drinks for the road (the car was gassed up and therefore I don't need gas). So I pulled into a typical very busy gas station in that area (I'm familiar with the area as I have been there multiple times before and I felt comfortable and this was day time anyway). I stoped and waited for a car to pull out of a parking spot in front of the gas station store so I can park. In that 60 seconds or so I felt and heard a thumb on my rear passenger door. I looked to my right rear and saw a person running away. Lucky for me ALL doors were locked!!! Needless to say, I got out of there in a flash and I didn't need that coffee that badly!!!

http://valleycentral.com/news/nation...he-gas-station

Originally Posted by squaresail
I did just what Henry said and it worked perfectly. Thanks Henry!!

Last edited by lexusrus; 04-30-17 at 07:25 AM.