RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Led lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-17, 11:54 AM
duffielove
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Led lights

Can I covert my 2011 rx350 daytime lights to led and also can I replace my interior lights with led
If so where is best place to purchase
Old 04-23-17, 05:15 PM
toyoman29
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I replaced my interior lights with a led kit from EBay, nice and bright now.
Old 04-23-17, 06:28 PM
Lexuswiz
Instructor

Received 178 Likes on 165 Posts

You can replace the high beam/DRL (they're both from the same bulb) bulbs with LED BUT I do NOT recommend this. DRL uses PWM to reduce output of a filament bulb, put on an LED and you get flickering which will ultimately ruin your LED. You can over come this but using big capacitors (sold as CANBUS eliminators/anti-flicker) but that will run your LED's at full power and most LED made for high beams are too bright to run at full power for DRL. I had to shut off the DRL function on Camry when I did this, so I could have LED highs.

Interior is easier with many kits sold on eBay/Amazon. I got a full set for $17 on eBay which included the license plate bulbs as well.
Old 04-24-17, 06:41 AM
duffielove
Driver School Candidate

Default Led lights

Can I covert my 2011 rx350 daytime lights to led and also can I replace my interior lights with led
Old 04-25-17, 04:59 AM
RedGemini
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Didn't you already ask this? There are answers in your original post.
Old 04-25-17, 07:53 AM
mdbrown
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by duffielove
How many times are you going to ask the same question in the wrong sub??
Old 04-25-17, 10:30 AM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by mdbrown
How many times are you going to ask the same question in the wrong sub??
Excuse duffielove, must have been a bad day...
Old 04-27-17, 02:02 PM
duffielove
Driver School Candidate

sorry but I am new here
Old 04-27-17, 02:13 PM
duffielove
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lexuswiz
You can replace the high beam/DRL (they're both from the same bulb) bulbs with LED BUT I do NOT recommend this. DRL uses PWM to reduce output of a filament bulb, put on an LED and you get flickering which will ultimately ruin your LED. You can over come this but using big capacitors (sold as CANBUS eliminators/anti-flicker) but that will run your LED's at full power and most LED made for high beams are too bright to run at full power for DRL. I had to shut off the DRL function on Camry when I did this, so I could have LED highs.

Interior is easier with many kits sold on eBay/Amazon. I got a full set for $17 on eBay which included the license plate bulbs as well.
Thanks but if I leave the high beam as is and replace the DRL and use a Decoder will that work?
Old 04-27-17, 04:55 PM
Lexuswiz
Instructor

Thanks but if I leave the high beam as is and replace the DRL and use a Decoder will that work?
The DRL is also the high beam so either way you're going to change it. It will work with the decoder but again, will run at full power which can be blinding if it's a powerful LED bulb which you should be using since it's your high beam when you need it.

Unless you're talking about the smaller bulb to the top of the high beam/DRL which runs always, that can be changed to LED without any extras.
Old 04-28-17, 07:15 AM
duffielove
Driver School Candidate

The DRL is also the high beam so either way you're going to change it. It will work with the decoder but again, will run at full power which can be blinding if it's a powerful LED bulb which you should be using since it's your high beam when you need it.

Unless you're talking about the smaller bulb to the top of the high beam/DRL which runs always, that can be changed to LED without any extras.
Thanks and sorry to be so ill informed but the light on my 2011 rx350 that is on in the DRL mode is to the side of the halogen high beam/ low beam in my book it is listed as low beam but if i turn off the DRL mode it is the one that does not operate It is to the right on the drivers side of the halogen and to the left on passenger side. I hope this makes sense and thanks for your help
Old 04-28-17, 10:46 AM
Lexuswiz
Instructor

Thanks and sorry to be so ill informed but the light on my 2011 rx350 that is on in the DRL mode is to the side of the halogen high beam/ low beam in my book it is listed as low beam but if i turn off the DRL mode it is the one that does not operate It is to the right on the drivers side of the halogen and to the left on passenger side. I hope this makes sense and thanks for your help
Actually, error on my end. I forgot that the 2011 does things differently then my 2005. Do you have the non-LED strip headlights and want to convert the filament high/DRL bulb or do you want to convert to the full headlights with the LED strips?
Old 04-28-17, 12:42 PM
duffielove
Driver School Candidate

Actually, error on my end. I forgot that the 2011 does things differently then my 2005. Do you have the non-LED strip headlights and want to convert the filament high/DRL bulb or do you want to convert to the full headlights with the LED strips?
When I have my selector set to auto the lights that run seem to actually be labeled as Low Beam and are H!! 55watts. I am happy with my headlights low and high beam, so I guess they are my DRL lights. I just thought it would look better if they were LED. I hope I explained this clearly it just seems the more I look the more confused I make myself. I do see now what you are saying about my low and high beam being the same bulb and it being halogen is plenty bright enough.
Thanks for your time
Old 04-28-17, 01:10 PM
Lexuswiz
Instructor

Check this out:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...white-led.html

If you have anymore questions I can help, I see what that user is doing.
The following users liked this post:
duffielove (04-29-17)
Old 05-04-17, 10:59 AM
takeshi74
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

my 2011 rx350
Actually, error on my end. I forgot that the 2011 does things differently then my 2005.
It's a bit confusing because duffielove posted this in the 2nd Gen subforum which is 2004-2009.

Duffielove, the model years are in the names of the subfora. 2011 falls under 3rd Gen which can be found here:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...2010-2015-212/

Quick Reply: Led lights