RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Yes, Another Exhaust Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-18, 03:41 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 162 Posts
Cool Yes, Another Exhaust Thread *(GUNNY'S BUILD)*

*Edit-Since this thread contains everything I've done to my RCF since New Purchase 4-2-18, I made its Title reflect such.
Sincere thanks for all the support. The Armytrix System truly rocks!

As stated, I'll be the one Forum Fool for raising yet another thread about aftermarket exhausts for our beloved machines.

First off, I have to give grand praise to Josh from Meraki. This dude must never sleep, or has multiple people posting and answering emails in his place - I'm sure the latter is highly incorrect!
Each and every time I have comms w this guy, he not only educates me on various products, but also comes off as very personal & sincere. And no, I'm not kissing a**!!

After reading, watching, and listening to everything imaginable about this topic, I'm still left undecided on which to choose. However, as I've told Josh - I'm NOT seeking something that will rattle the neighbors windows or chase away stray dogs (nor my own) so I'm definitely looking for a more "mature" set up that still enables me to truly hear, and feel, the great Hp these cars put out. If you see the Red in my signature line, it's about my lifelong association w Ducati, and know which exhaust systems make this Ferrari of motorcycles either obnoxious or epic. Could there be such a system that can come near the "deeper, throaty" (no pun) type of aural orgasm?
Yes, I know it's not a V-Twin engine under hood.

Josh suggested going w something like this...which I'm curious if anyone here is currently using on their RCF:

Open vs Closed Valve Choices

Admittedly, I do love gadgetry but is this system for real?
Does it TRULY make such a difference between modes?
Can it be left in Closed Mode for an extended period of time?
Does it have a brutal "drone" that will drive you nuts?
Can one use this system without any "ECU Tuning" to the car?
Will it still pass State Emissions testing?
(I'm in Virginia)
Does it produce ANY gains in Hp? (perhaps w a CAI up front)

I could bother Josh w all these queries, and lose any respect I may have gained from the man, but figured why not ask the public. Those who use the RCF as a daily ride
(With an Exhaust!)

Therefore, may I inquire who here has used this system, and its personal Pros & Cons? It truly doesn't need to be the Arymtrix per se, just not something "Fast & Furious" as read in another thread! Lol. Thanks in advance, and hope I just didn't waste 5 mins of your time. ��

Semper Fidelis !
����

Last edited by GunnyFitz; 06-28-18 at 05:06 AM. Reason: Added "Build" to Thread Name
The following users liked this post:
JoelsLexIS (04-20-18)
Old 04-12-18, 04:37 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Im sure you're checking in here Josh. This setup (Around 20-30 sec mark) sounds almost like a Ducati on the track! Was it with Valves Open or Closed I wonder?? Good advice = YouTube!

And so on.......(Though I couldn't tell if the Phone App works with Android systems?)

https://www.armytrix.com/sound[/U][/U]

Last edited by GunnyFitz; 04-12-18 at 05:09 AM.
Old 04-12-18, 05:43 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Another Armytrix video

Old 04-12-18, 06:28 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

So, that's what YOU have on your car Rolla?

We could post videos all day long, hoping someone actually has one on their car??
Old 04-12-18, 06:44 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry, I was just posting a good video of Armytrix. I am basically stock right now. Exhaust is 100% in my roadmap, but it would be a while before I get there as I am setting other things are priorities after dishing a big chunk of cash on the RCF.

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
So, that's what YOU have on your car Rolla?

We could post videos all day long, hoping someone actually has one on their car??
GunnyFitz (04-12-18)
Old 04-12-18, 07:01 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Sorry, I was just posting a good video of Armytrix. I am basically stock right now. Exhaust is 100% in my roadmap, but it would be a while before I get there as I am setting other things are priorities after dishing a big chunk of cash on the RCF.
No worries. I hear ya on the Wish List man. On pins and needles just waiting for the guys at PK Design to get my wheels and tires in. Visited a local shop who does exhausts near me though he only deals w Magnaflow & Flowmaster, he said he would mount up anything I brought to him. I really wanna give Josh from Meraki my business so Im really looking for someone here that owns this system Im talking about. The CAI is simple so I can do that myself.

It looks like one can only obtain the "Valvetronic System" by doing the ENTIRE exhaust - NOT going w a CAT Back only! DAMMMM

Yeah the sound off that video is TOO much for me!
Looking for something a bit more subtle at idle and low cruise speed. Ironically, that is the same Color Combo as mine!

Last edited by GunnyFitz; 04-12-18 at 07:07 AM.
Old 04-12-18, 07:09 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Have you looked at Invidia? It is more subtle. It is also cheaper as well since it does not have valve control. I heard it is definitely louder than stock, but not as loud as Borla or Armytrix. Borla seems to be the popular choice, but it is significantly louder.

No worries. I hear ya on the Wish List man. On pins and needles just waiting for the guys at PK Design to get my wheels and tires in. Visited a local shop who does exhausts near me though he only deals w Magnaflow & Flowmaster, he said he would mount up anything I brought to him. I really wanna give Josh from Meraki my business so Im really looking for someone here that owns this system Im talking about. The CAI is simple so I can do that myself.

It looks like one can only obtain the "Valvetronic System" by doing the ENTIRE exhaust - NOT going w a CAT Back only! DAMMMM

Yeah the sound off that video is TOO much for me!
Looking for something a bit more subtle at idle and low cruise speed. Ironically, that is the same Color Combo as mine!
GunnyFitz (04-12-18)
Old 04-12-18, 07:19 AM
MisterEun
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

Admittedly, I do love gadgetry but is this system for real?
Does it TRULY make such a difference between modes?
Can it be left in Closed Mode for an extended period of time?
Does it have a brutal "drone" that will drive you nuts?
Can one use this system without any "ECU Tuning" to the car?
Will it still pass State Emissions testing?
(I'm in Virginia)
Does it produce ANY gains in Hp? (perhaps w a CAI up front)
Hey Gunny, just to answer a few of your questions.

Armytrix is a solid company but noticeably more popular in Europe.

The valved exhaust system is real, widely used and for a while too now (10+ years).
Most exhaust companies use the same parts/manufacturer to control the valve (btw only about $25 when purchased directly).

There is definitely a big difference between open and closed.

You can leave it closed all the time and it would be fine.
It's not closing all ports just rerouting.

I believe it's straight piped so there will probably be drone.
The amount of drone that drives one insane is a case-by-case basis, so that's something you're going to have to experience yourself.

You don't need to tune your ECU for an exhaust unless you're trying to be **** or seriously competitive.

I don't see a reason it wouldn't pass emissions since it's a cat-back.

For the RC-F there are definitive gains from an exhaust.
Mainly due to the fact that the OEM one was so restrictive.
As for CAI, there are many inconsistencies with vendors right now and some customers who dyno-ed before/after have claimed that they lost HP...
Think of it as a cosmetic (both appearance and sound) mod rather than a performance one until you dyno your own car and know for sure.

Best of luck.
GunnyFitz (04-12-18)
Old 04-12-18, 07:43 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

MisterEun - This was a great reply my friend!

I think we may need some further PM conversations on all of this.

Kamsahamnida !!
Old 04-12-18, 10:53 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

A customer will be receiving his system in 5-7 days. I'll ask him to record some clips when he gets his..

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
GunnyFitz (04-12-18)
Old 04-12-18, 10:56 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Admittedly, I do love gadgetry but is this system for real? - Yes its real. haha
Does it TRULY make such a difference between modes? - Yup huge difference, any car with exhaust valves makes a big difference since 2/4 holes are closed
Can it be left in Closed Mode for an extended period of time? - You can leave it off the whole time if you want
Does it have a brutal "drone" that will drive you nuts? - Depends on everyones tolerance for drone, in closed mode you won't have any problems but in open at WOT maybe..
Can one use this system without any "ECU Tuning" to the car? - 100% don't need to tune.
Will it still pass State Emissions testing? - Not sure about VA laws but think you'll be fine, nothing is as bad as CA
(I'm in Virginia)
Does it produce ANY gains in Hp? (perhaps w a CAI up front) -
Pretty sure darn sure you'll gain noticeable power with the deleting the secondary cats

BTW thanks for the kind words!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
GunnyFitz (04-12-18)
Old 04-12-18, 06:14 PM
JT2MA71

Received 1,512 Likes on 656 Posts

my car when it had the full meistertschaft titanium exhaust. No resonators.I did not install the valves so it was this loud all the time. My neighbors hated me!

I later changed it out for an Icode titanium system below. Resonated.

GunnyFitz (04-13-18)
Old 04-12-18, 06:32 PM
Bluecarbon
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
I’m on the same boat as well. Would love to get ARH headers long system as I think it in combination with other systems would sound great.
GunnyFitz (04-16-18)
Old 04-12-18, 07:48 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

I also want to see as the aftermarket grows, what other options become available. I am very picky about the type of sound I want. I really like the LC500 exhaust sounds. RCF exhaust is too muted in comparison. Lots of loud induction noise, but not much coming from the back at high revs. If I can get something remotely close to the Novel sound without it costing a fortune, I would be all over it.

Originally Posted by Bluecarbon

I’m on the same boat as well. Would love to get ARH headers long system as I think it in combination with other systems would sound great.

GunnyFitz (04-13-18)
Old 04-13-18, 06:18 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Question The Search Continues..........

The trouble with me (among many issues) is that I "Ruminate" on things entirely too much. Learned a great deal about myself in VA Residential PTSD Programs. Have what's called "Cognitive Distortions" which drive me into the "Dwelling" state of mind. And on this, I dwell......

Along with that Armitryx Valve System I do like these too.

1) The Invidia Q300 Full Catback (Noted by Holla above)

https://www.lmperformance.com/836308...k-exhaust.html

2) The Apexi (Found in both this article & video) Sorry, they're long!

https://www.torquenews.com/1083/lexu...-modifications

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e31h...8#action=share

**Question - Why do Members here call him "Mad Lou" from ModInJapan? He appeared very kind and generous to me in a PM.

Like my 2 week search for Wheels & Tires (Now On their way) the Quest for my perfect Exhaust continues my friends!!

Thanks to all, and keep em coming folks! Remember, we ALL here "Pay It Forward" correct?

Quick Reply: Yes, Another Exhaust Thread