RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Yes, Another Exhaust Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-18, 02:59 PM
MisterEun
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
To satisfy your curiosity and OCD, I've actually never looked that close at the way it came out. If I started typing it right now, my Samsung Note 8 will more than likely autofill it the same, incorrect way. Thank you for setting me straight. I'd hate to type any review of it, using my cell once its installed and mounted. It most definitely has nothing to do with being a Marine (With a capital M) Is that a sufficient explanation for you sir?
Yup curiosity satiated. I was hoping there was a hidden military reference/meaning is all.
Old 06-01-18, 09:17 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Well. With my most sincere thanks to ZiPPyRCF- I just paid for the Armitryx Valetronic Exhaust!

Guess I'll just use this Thread as my "Build Project" since I'm still a Boot.

To Be Continued..........
Congrats. You made the best choice. I am sure you will love it. I think it has the best sound this side of the Novel exhaust. Will you make some videos of your Armytrix?
Old 06-02-18, 06:06 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Forgot About You Bro!

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Congrats. You made the best choice. I am sure you will love it. I think it has the best sound this side of the Novel exhaust. Will you make some videos of your Armytrix?
What was I thinking? YOU (And of course Josh from Meraki) were the ones who first got me interested in their system!!! IMO only, the Borla systems were just way too loud for my taste, and with your video assist I was able to narrow things down between this and the Tanabe. Forgive my oversight Rolla!

And yes, I'll do videos. Actually tried a few yesterday w my windshield mounted GoPro. Unsure how all these other folks do it, but mine really didnt pick up good sound? At least it picked up the RPM Shift Beeps though! Lastly, what I'd actually like to do is find a local Dyno Shop and run my car thru NOW and then again AFTER the new system is installed.
Any idea what Stock RCFs are putting out w RWHP?
Old 06-02-18, 08:55 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

What was I thinking? YOU (And of course Josh from Meraki) were the ones who first got me interested in their system!!! IMO only, the Borla systems were just way too loud for my taste, and with your video assist I was able to narrow things down between this and the Tanabe. Forgive my oversight Rolla!

And yes, I'll do videos. Actually tried a few yesterday w my windshield mounted GoPro. Unsure how all these other folks do it, but mine really didnt pick up good sound? At least it picked up the RPM Shift Beeps though! Lastly, what I'd actually like to do is find a local Dyno Shop and run my car thru NOW and then again AFTER the new system is installed.
Any idea what Stock RCFs are putting out w RWHP?
It is all good.

So you have it installed already or you were running some tests on your camera? Yeah, it would be good to see a video of 1st and 2nd gear run all the way through the rpm band to redline. Stock RCFs dyno between 380 - 395 whp. A few dynos showed close to 400 whp, but average is mostly between 380 - 395 whp SAE corrected. Make sure you dyno does an SAE correction so that the numbers are "normalized". You can do a before and after to exactly measure how much you gained in your particular scenario..

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 06-02-18 at 09:00 AM.
Old 06-02-18, 10:45 AM
Rahim523
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

Heres my Borla Setup! Thank you to Josh from Meraki Autoworks for getting me this setup so fast and so well priced!!

The following users liked this post:
Meraki Autoworks (06-03-18)
Old 06-02-18, 11:11 AM
Colt45ccg
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Looking forward to hearing the new exhaust! You’ll need to bring it to Katie’s Cars and Coffee one weekend
GunnyFitz (06-04-18)
Old 06-02-18, 12:19 PM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Default Great Falls?

Originally Posted by Colt45ccg
Looking forward to hearing the new exhaust! You’ll need to bring it to Katie’s Cars and Coffee one weekend
You live here in NOVA? .Everyone always thinks it means Nova Scotia. Went there one Sat at 0530 and was blown away that not even an hour later the place was packed beyond belief! My RCF was the ONLY one there, until I met someone w a silver one right before I left. Didnt even see his car. Are you him??

Just washed it today and used the Master Blaster Revolution for the 1st time- wow what a piece of gear that thing is! Unbelievable!
Also, just used the Meguiars Ultimate Wheel Cleaner for first time and was amazed at how awesome this stuff cleans the ENTIRE wheel (barrel behind, and calipers) without scrubbing it with a thing too. Definitely gonna give a review (with pics) of this stuff on my AutoGeek Forum!

Old 06-06-18, 07:33 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Default Staggered Tips?

Was recently asked if the Blued Tips on the Armytrix Exhaust I just ordered were "Staggered" and this was what I received as a reply to that question. Are these "Staggered Tips?"

EDIT: DAYUM, guys Im sorry as hell about the size of this photo!! It was just a Screen Capture on Cell.
I'll be taking this down by end of day for sure! - Apologies!

"To Stagger, or not to Stagger!"

Last edited by GunnyFitz; 06-06-18 at 08:01 AM.
Old 06-06-18, 11:19 AM
ZiPPyRCF
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Nope, the staggered tips means one is bigger than the other. Those are the smaller ones which fits without any modification. The inner tip will be the big one, and the outer tips will be a bit smaller in a staggered setup for Armytrix.
Old 06-06-18, 12:25 PM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Hmm, well he sent THAT photo, and SAID they were going to be Staggered.

Guess I'll find out when it arrives. Doubt Id know if theyre correct or not.
Thx bro!
Old 06-06-18, 01:15 PM
ZiPPyRCF
Driver

Yea, he's mistaken and probably thinking they are staggered as one is higher than the other tip. But look at it like this, our RCF tire setup is staggered. Meaning the rear is wider than the front.
Old 06-07-18, 11:11 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Exclamation And it Continues!

The Box arrived today folks!

Have not opened it yet to check on my Tips, because I'm not entirely sure how I'm getting it over to my friends shop who's doing the install. Rest assured I'll get you the big answer to our question Zippy!
Attached Thumbnails Yes, Another Exhaust Thread-box-arrival1.jpg   Yes, Another Exhaust Thread-box-arrival2.jpg  
Old 06-07-18, 11:15 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

The Box arrived today folks!

Have not opened it yet to check on my Tips, because I'm not entirely sure how I'm getting it over to my friends shop who's doing the install. Rest assured I'll get you the big answer to our question Zippy!
Congrats. Looking forward to seeing some install details and the end result videos. Does the Armytrix require running wires to the valves?
GunnyFitz (06-07-18)
Old 06-07-18, 11:28 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Thanks Rolla!!

This time, I absolutely must remember to do a full "Unboxing, Laid Out, Removal, Mounting, Wiring and First Start video & Photo Op so that I not only have record of this all - but also to help others down the road when it comes to this system. I know I went crazy trying to locate every piece of info I could on it before deciding to go this route. With my TBI I learn best by both "Step-By-Step" type education, AND ALSO thru the "Visual" type senses = Images!

As stated, now I just need to nail my buddy down on a day & time to do all of this!

OH!! Here is the Wiring Diagram that you asked about too Rolla.

https://www.armytrixusa.com/wp-conte...s-RCF-PDF-.pdf
05RollaXRS (06-07-18)
Old 06-07-18, 11:32 AM
ZiPPyRCF
Driver

Unleash the beast man!!! You are about to get a whole new car!!! Congrats!!
GunnyFitz (06-07-18)

Quick Reply: Yes, Another Exhaust Thread