Yes, Another Exhaust Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-18, 11:09 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
LMAO- Yeah saw that and it was funny!

Actually freshened me up on my mastery of the German language too (Embassy Duty. Munich)

Just joined the Armitryx Closed Facebook Group and everyone there is awesome too.
Folks ya don't even know telling you everything's gonna be alright, calming, etc. lol.
At first I thought it only worked w iPhones, but did find their App in Playstore for Android. Another fact I learned was that there is NOT just a CAT Back Valvetronic System for the RCF. Its only a Header Back System. Despite what the webpage says, I honestly don't think I'd explain the system as having "Neighbor Mode" or "Beast Mode" when displaying it. A simple "Open or Closed" Valve lesson is sufficient to me.

https://www.armytrix.com/product/lexus-rcf

Oh I'm SOLD on this system for sure. Just trying to make the "numbers" work, From whom, and where install would be done.
You know exactly where sir.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 04-20-18, 11:36 AM
MisterEun
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

MisterEun-

Been reading a lot about your experience with these cars, and all the track time you put in too! I def need to soak up info from you my man! With your experience, shouldn't there be something to let more air INTO the other end? Meaning = If going with the Armitryx System - Wouldn't it be advantageous to put at the very minimum a different filter within the Stock Airbox? Or better yet - get a more free flowing Intake System? (Believe I saw both a Takeda and K&N Closed Box that comes with a "Race Filter"-yeah yeah I know-hugely overused terminology!

Curious what the track guys are using for Air Filters / CAI type stuff man?
Gunny,
Aftermarket intake tubes have been so controversial...
To my knowledge, I haven't seen a proper dyno comparison of before and after install from any manufacturer as of yet.
Some are strong proponents of the OEM whereas others believe the ridges lead to weaker airflow.
Personally I think no matter what you do, the gains/losses would be negligible (i.e. 3-5hp) and that it's really just a cosmetic mod.
That being said, the filter on the other hand is definitely something I would upgrade when it's time to replace the OEM as it will almost certainly improve the cars breathing.

For what it's worth I just placed an order for the aFe Takeda intake.
Must clarify though that the biggest reason is because they are sponsoring me.

Hope that helps brother and good luck with the armytrix!
Old 04-23-18, 07:25 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 162 Posts
Lightbulb Filled The Request- Finally

After being "Instructed" and pleaded to post up my Formal Introductory Post on the RCF 2015- Present Page

Post #420 written my your truly. This should satisfy the Request I hope:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...t-here-11.html

Warning- Its a Long Read!
Old 05-08-18, 06:07 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Question Cat back??

Originally Posted by MisterEun
Hey Gunny, just to answer a few of your questions.

The valved exhaust system is real, widely used and for a while too now (10+ years).
Most exhaust companies use the same parts/manufacturer to control the valve (btw only about $25 when purchased directly).

You can leave it closed all the time and it would be fine.
It's not closing all ports just rerouting.

I don't see a reason it wouldn't pass emissions since it's a cat-back.

For the RC-F there are definitive gains from an exhaust.
Mainly due to the fact that the OEM one was so restrictive.

Best of luck.
Mister Eun-

After reading another Armitryx Thread by Danny, I went back to look at what you laid out for me here. You stated that your Exhaust produced definite gains - Which one do you have? (Guess I could look into your Signature) Also - If my memory serves me correct - Armitryx does not make a CAT Back System for the RCF. At least not in the Valvetronic?

Tracking with me (no pun) but if the CAT itself is removed, one can only assume that it will not pass annual Emissions Testing. I def need to confirm these points before moving fwd 100%. I forget if it was here or not, but someone told me that while running this System w Valves "Closed" sounds even quieter than what the Stock system sounds like!

Time to revisit this entire thing. There is absolutely no way I will be swapping out portions of a system just to pass the crazy Annual Inspection / Emission Testing.

Love to hear back from you due to your unreal experience racing these cars (Yes I read thru many of your awesome Threads!) -Anxiously looking fwd to see what the cause of Danny's issue is - which you commented on as well.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...t-closing.html

Hey Danny! Were'nt you the one telling me you never drove around with yours Closed because it was such a "Chick Magnet" with them Open??
Old 05-08-18, 07:21 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Cool "My Own Mini Build Thread"

Since I have only done a few things to my 2017 RCF, I honestly don't think I'm a viable candidate to create my own "Member Build Thread" yet. Therefore, I took my "New Member Intro Thread", pasted it here, and will use it here, within my very own "Exhaust Thread". As Josh from Meraki states in the initial review, I should've been a writer in another life. Hence this Post:
======================================

Old 04-23-18, 10:06 AM

Greetings Fellow Members!

By now, some of you have seen the many Threads & Posts I've made within this particular Forum. I suppose I always considered myself a "Participating Member" here because I joined this site back in 2007 when we got my wife her first GS350, which graduated to the 2017 RX350 Luxury Edition. However, after obtaining my very own 2017 RCF on April 2nd, Since then, Ive been posting within every Thread here in my quest to soak up all the RCF knowledge possible. and to share my personal stories about everything RCF as well.

I am definitely not new to the "Forum Scene" as I use this very same "Screen Name" on several other sites as well. Noted mostly on a cuuple highly rated "Ducati Forums" where I may have had a large following. Actually, one Member "Sheyme" here was blown away to find me here in Club Lexus-and reached out to me in amazement. Though I am somewhat humble in nature about such things, and also being a 100% Service Connected (Disabled) Marine Corps Vet, I must admit it truly made my day hearing such great things from Sheyme and our mutual passion for the "Ferrari of Motorcyles" which is actually what prompted me into getting the RCF in the first place - Being "Bikeless' for the very first time in my life, feels extremely awkward and out of place. Which is the reason why I am here giving my Intro Speech within this specific Forum!

After searching far and wide for something to fill this massive Gap in my life, I test drove every high end Sports Car imaginable (Corvette Z-Oh Series, BMW M's, Mustang Shelby GT350 -which I came seconds away from getting, etc, etc. Until........I came to meet a fellow Member here Code Named NJSteve!!Folks, it was due to the sheer kidness and helpful education that I truly ended up buying this mutual joy we all enjoy! Ironically, I even had my Local Lexus Dealership here in the Fairfax, VA area reach out for a Silver/Red RCF at "Prestige Lexus" in NJ-which they came back to tell me had already been Sold -- Yep, to NJSteve himself! (We stumbled upon this ironic knowledge within my first RCF Thread here back when I was still trying to decide:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...s-choices.html

Again, thanks to NJSteve, I was able to Calculate all sorts of Lease vs Purchase options on this Car, which finally resulted in my decision to reach well outside the confines of my Local Dealer- and to the source of the very last 2017 Ultrasonic Blue/Circuit Red RCF in the US (Being sold as New) which was located back in my Old Neck of The Woods: Brooklyn Lexus--I ended up contacting the Sales Manager directly, who within just one 20 minute phone call offered me this ridiculously expensive Vehicle for WELL BELOW what its MSRP Sticker stated = 76+k (That there was absolutely No Way I was about to purchase this car for, despite its awesome qualities! ..(Sorry folks: I will not be posting this info within the "What Did You Pay" for your RCF Thread) = However, I literally obtained it for $58,495.00 plus Virginia Tax, Tags, Title.

Therefore, on April 2nd we (Myself & MY PTSD Service Dog "Russell" took an Amtrak Train from DC to Penn Station NYC, where Brooklyn Lexus sent a Driver to pick me up and take me to their Lavish Dealership, where I Signed Ze Papers within 30 mins, ate a nice Turkey Sangwiche they got me, and hit the NJ Turnpike for my 5 Hour Trip home in this awesome ride! Obviously, I literally broke this car in the "Right Way" on my long A** drive home! And since then have been digging into every thread of this great Forum to do what I did best on both my Ducati Forum & Dodge Ram Cummins Forums = Started Modifications to this awesome car! Matter of fact, my 20" Ace Alloy "Black Chrome" Wheels & Pilot Tires arrive tomorrow from PK Design here on this Forum. (Which I will of course post photos of) An absolutely unbelievable offer from on an Armitryx Valvetronic Exhaust (I cannot discuss in the open yet) Hmm, lets see what else - A Local PPF Suntek Dealer wants to unveil my USB RCF at their Grand Opening on Memorial Day (PPF with Ceramic Coating) And.......some other odds & ends within the car too!

So therefore......I personally wish to thank NJSteve, Sheyme, Josh From Meraki, Paul & Sean from PK Design and the many, many other Forum Members here within this phenomenal Site for EVERYTHING they've done to assist me along the way! This car is ALL I wished & hoped for, and I am so extremely grateful to ALL of you for making that happen! I just as well could've been driving that Shelby GT350 right now (Yes, a nice car with its own special Club & Following / Forum) BUT.....Here I am writing this long A** Novel of a Thread to you guys on Club Lexus!!

*Sincere apologies for the length of this Post**

PS. Pics of my Brooklyn Lexus Experience, and some others that NJSteve has been on me for posting since bringing this car home! Some of my Ducati Racing Days, Some in Iraq & With "Russell" too. Also, for some who don't know me (NO, I am NOT a conceited Hot Mess seeking attention either. LOL These articles somewhat compose who I WAS within the Ducati Community & The Life I used to live. Now part of the memory I still am able to recollect! (Which isn't much these days) 100% Service Connected Combat Veteran

Pics of my very last Build (With Carbon Fiber Wheels!)

http://blog.brocksperformance.com/re...olls-with-bst/

This one requires you to Scroll the "Virtual Magazine" to Pages 42-44 to read My Article (If still interested)

http://digitaleditions.walsworthprin...tion/?i=196078

======================================

Some Before (Stock) & After Pics Attached.

Wheels Courtesy of Paul & Sean of PK Auto Design
https://pkautodesign.com/
ACE ALLOY AFF-02 20X9 5X114.3 35MM 60.1MM BLACK CHROME
ACE ALLOY AFF-02 20X10.5 5X114.3 35MM 60.1MM BLACK CHROME
Tires:
Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S 245/30/20
Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S 275/30/20

Huge thanks to PK for their help and killer pricing too!

As this thread of mine states, I was looking for input on the numerous Exhaust Systems out there for this car. Pretty much settled on the Armitryx Valvetronic, but living on VA Disability Pay doesn't help impulsive buying habits. The only reason I had the cheese to get this fabulous RCF was due to the sale of my last, most precious Ducati Panigale "Tricolore" which can be seen on the first link with BST Wheels. I even reached out to "Carbon Rev" to inquire about CF Wheels for this ride. Ironically spoke with the man in charge there who ran in some of the same motorcycle circles I do-way back in the day! Unfortunately, they do not produce anything for our Model- or I would've had them on by now if so! I was known as the "Carbon Fiber King" on my Ducati Forums, so if anyone finds anything I can add to this car (Less the outrageously priced pieces found out there!) I'd be happy to have them! Still in shock there is such a low number of Companies producing such products. On Bikes there are literally tons of Brands to choose from! Oh well, I'd say the Armitryx comes before CF for me right now! Would love to cover up everything on the RCF Console w a CF Skin, but can only find them for the "RC" Model, and not "RCF" The other option is sending my whole console out to have True CF applied to it.

Yes Josh - I could go on forever here, perhaps telling my story about my time in the desert, the climb out of the Opiate Mountain I was at the peak of due to the severity of injuries sustained by the last of 3 IEDs, but wont right now. There is a REALLY BIG event with my car being "Showcased" by a Local Shop for their Grand Opening in a few weeks, which I will post here for sure! I believe all of this is enough to keep the most bored Member about to fall out right now. Therefore......

Stay Safe & Stealthy my friends!

Semper Fidelis,

Gunny Out..............................

Ps. Photos totally out of order: My Daily Driver is that 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 (Heavily Modified Cummins) I got the week I returned from OIF II. Latest little interior Mod to RCF is that super strong Magnetic Cell Phone Holder (Anyone looking for one PM me for details)
Lastly, Can you guys believe that License Plate wasn't taken!!
Attached Thumbnails Yes, Another Exhaust Thread-at-lexus-w-sales-manager.jpg   Yes, Another Exhaust Thread-driveway-1.jpeg   Yes, Another Exhaust Thread-driveway-3.jpeg   Yes, Another Exhaust Thread-rcf2.jpg   Yes, Another Exhaust Thread-cell-mount-1.jpeg  

Yes, Another Exhaust Thread-dealer-mount2.jpg   Yes, Another Exhaust Thread-show13.jpg   Yes, Another Exhaust Thread-show12.jpg   Yes, Another Exhaust Thread-show9.jpg   Yes, Another Exhaust Thread-show15.jpg  

Yes, Another Exhaust Thread-207062_1042491590392_4031_n.jpg   Yes, Another Exhaust Thread-moto-graphic.jpg   Yes, Another Exhaust Thread-on-suzuki.jpg   Yes, Another Exhaust Thread-1198s-corse-purchase-day.jpg   Yes, Another Exhaust Thread-1stsgt-and-secdef.jpg  

Yes, Another Exhaust Thread-353.jpg   Yes, Another Exhaust Thread-full-side2.jpg   Yes, Another Exhaust Thread-left-side-white.jpg   Yes, Another Exhaust Thread-brendan-and-russell-at-g-street.jpeg   Yes, Another Exhaust Thread-dsc_0846.jpg  

Yes, Another Exhaust Thread-cell-mount-2.jpeg  

Last edited by GunnyFitz; 05-08-18 at 07:27 AM.
Old 05-08-18, 08:29 AM
MisterEun
Pole Position

Mister Eun-

After reading another Armitryx Thread by Danny, I went back to look at what you laid out for me here. You stated that your Exhaust produced definite gains - Which one do you have? (Guess I could look into your Signature) Also - If my memory serves me correct - Armitryx does not make a CAT Back System for the RCF. At least not in the Valvetronic?

Tracking with me (no pun) but if the CAT itself is removed, one can only assume that it will not pass annual Emissions Testing. I def need to confirm these points before moving fwd 100%. I forget if it was here or not, but someone told me that while running this System w Valves "Closed" sounds even quieter than what the Stock system sounds like!

Time to revisit this entire thing. There is absolutely no way I will be swapping out portions of a system just to pass the crazy Annual Inspection / Emission Testing.

Love to hear back from you due to your unreal experience racing these cars (Yes I read thru many of your awesome Threads!) -Anxiously looking fwd to see what the cause of Danny's issue is - which you commented on as well.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...t-closing.html

Hey Danny! Were'nt you the one telling me you never drove around with yours Closed because it was such a "Chick Magnet" with them Open??
Gunny,

I went with Borla intially but will probably upgrade down the line.
In terms of gains, you're at most going to be gaining ~10 hp at most with an exhaust.
If you want power, that'll be the headers at about ~40 hp between $2-3k (not including install).

As for the cat-back terminology, technically all exhausts commercially sold (except for ARH's Full system) for us are all catbacks as the primary cats are connected to and below the OEM headers.
The secondary cats in the OEM exhaust will naturally be lost when you replace it with an aftermarket system but they are not necesary to pass emissions.
If you would like, you can refer to the exhausts as header-backs but that sounds a bit awkward to me is all.
so to clarify, you WILL pass emissions with the ArmyTrix.

Also I have a feeling you're confusing me with Ming (Username: MingoFish). We're both in Atlanta and good friends but two separate people.
The following users liked this post:
GunnyFitz (05-08-18)
Old 05-19-18, 12:54 PM
CAHWY128
Advanced

Received 344 Likes on 226 Posts

Thought I would chime in. I put a Tanabe Touring axle back on today. It was easy and I did it at home in about 2 hours. I went really slowly. If I had to do it again I am guessing I could do it in less than an hour.

I kept the stock mid pipe. I am very happy with the sound. I wanted more noise but not a rattle can horrible rasp. This seems to be perfect. One of the biggest gripes I have with the car is the stock exhaust is too quiet. It is almost dead quiet. The Tanabe strikes a great balance of deep sound without being annoying. I would say it is a mature exhaust tone.

Here are a few quick pictures of the stock muffler next to the Tanabe. I can't feel any difference in acceleration but it seems to shift smoother on the redline shifts.

Last edited by CAHWY128; 05-19-18 at 01:14 PM.
Old 05-19-18, 02:03 PM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Default Detail Day w My Little Friend .....

Even a Porter Cable 7424XP with Pinnacle Products in the hands of an amatuer produces unreal results!!

Those of you who own one of the beauties know how great this machine works at making swirl marks & tiny imperfections disappear, while producing the most glamorous beautiful shine reappear in its place!

Thank you Porter Cable, Pinnacle and Mrs. Gunny!

A Service Dog without polishing ability. No opposing thumbs.

Takes a little less back work outta it when you use the right colored pads!

Got that True Leather Smell back!

Look close- even the little section surrounding Lexus Logo on Steering Wheel Airbag deserves Carbon Fiber. Neighbors wondered why the horn stayed on for 30 seconds long!
Old 05-19-18, 06:07 PM
Spam89
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

Damn you did a good job. What pads do you use. My profession is a high end detailer and if you need any support in keeping your vehicle top notch, let me know.
Old 05-19-18, 06:16 PM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Default NO Way!

Originally Posted by Spam89
Damn you did a good job. What pads do you use. My profession is a high end detailer and if you need any support in keeping your vehicle top notch, let me know.
Spam - Are you kidding me dude? I'm sold on your oil in this case then!! lol

Used the white pad w the Advanced Polish and then switched to the soft Red one for Wax. It says Blue but I didnt have one, and read on both Pinnacle & Porter Cable that Red suits the wax.

Dude, I'm a huge detail fiend. We need to talk!
Old 05-21-18, 10:13 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Question Install Time

Originally Posted by ZiPPyRCF
I spent a lot of time researching exhaust systems, and listening to all the sound clips of various exhaust systems for the RCF. I wanted something that would stand out, and give that exotic exhaust tone the RCF deserves. Let me state, that the Armytrix has done that and beyond!

So just to give you an overview of how the Armytrix system works. I learned early on that the valves always will close upon start up. So you'll get that loud rumble, and the valves will shortly close. This is by design, to not **** off your neighbors. Regardless, even with them starting to close that initial cold startup on a cold evening will open there eyes. You will also get an occasional gun shot back fire on startup. Gosh I love those!!! I'm still trying to catch one on video, but they seem to always happen when I'm not recording.

For me the valves will close upon startup, and I open them up immediately. You can just hear them open back up and hear that amazing V8 rumble through the large noticable exhaust pipes. When my car is parked in the garage, and I go pickup the mail and I walk backup the driveway, I always admire the piping beneath the car. It just stands out in such a way, words can't describe it!

I checked with a few guys here on the forums, you know who you are on here. And they were so helpful answering my questions and concerns. Yes, I did have concerns about the exhaust. First, was maybe the Armytrix was going to be to loud, along with would I have warranty issues or warning lights on my dash. The exhaust is pretty loud in town, especially when you get on it. But believe it or not, after awhile it becomes normal and you kind of want more. This has become especially true on the freeway. I noticed that before my exhaust, downshifts on the freeway at 70mph+ were kind of quiet. You would expect that the V8 at high speed would REALLY rumble, but the RCF is different. Even with the Armytrix exhaust it doesn't crank out even more db of exhaust fury, which is leading me to want headers or a different X pipe. The video that JP released of the RCF with Armytrix exhaust and Novell headers really got me drooling. But I think that might be to much for me, we'll see. By the way, JP's video of the Armytrix was my 'click purchase' moment. He as the final straw for my decision.

Either way you look at it, you won't be disappointed with the Armytrix exhaust. It's worth every friggin penny! Many of the guys here went with different exhausts, and they all sound awesome!! I mean we are all letting the RCF breathe, as it always should have been doing. But for me, the Armytrix had that exotic tone I was looking for. I've said it many times, and I will say it again ...every time I get in my RCF and start it up and roll out, I just smile.

Cheers mate,
Zippy -

Is there any way you can tell me approximately how long your Armitryx took to install? Did you have it done by a shop recommended by them, one you know, or DIY?

Either way, Im seeking how long = labor time, this Vavletronic System took for complete pipe install AND the wiring for Valves / OBD2 Dongle. PLEASE??

Gunny Out

Ps. Did you in fact have any Error / Warning Lights as you spoke of above? And. did they remove your CAT entirely? I know I've been assured this thing will pass State Emissions Testing, but I would just like to hear it again from an Owner !!
Old 05-21-18, 04:51 PM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Default Forgot to Share These

I'm sure you've all seen these little door projection lights advertised right?
Once I found out where they go, it literally took me 5 minutes to change them out on each door.

Call me stupid, but these little $20 door lights look pretty damn cool on the ground when you open the car door, both day and night!

Passenger side in garage

Driver side in lit garage

***Anyone interested in a set of these please let me know. Just got an email reply from the Owner 3 minutes after sending one! I always thought those who respond so hastily to anyone, especially clients, are people of great character.

Last edited by GunnyFitz; 05-21-18 at 06:21 PM.
Old 06-01-18, 10:58 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Well. With my most sincere thanks to ZiPPyRCF- I just paid for the Armitryx Valetronic Exhaust!

Guess I'll just use this Thread as my "Build Project" since I'm still a Boot.

To Be Continued..........
Old 06-01-18, 11:08 AM
MisterEun
Pole Position

Well. With my most sincere thanks to ZiPPyRCF- I just paid for the Armitryx Valetronic Exhaust!

Guess I'll just use this Thread as my "Build Project" since I'm still a Boot.

To Be Continued..........
Just out of curiosity and mainly because of my OCD...
Is there a hidden meaning behind how you spelled Armytrix?
Old 06-01-18, 02:46 PM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Default I'm Wrong, You're Right. Ok?

Originally Posted by MisterEun
Just out of curiosity and mainly because of my OCD...
Is there a hidden meaning behind how you spelled Armytrix?
To satisfy your curiosity and OCD, I've actually never looked that close at the way it came out. If I started typing it right now, my Samsung Note 8 will more than likely autofill it the same, incorrect way. Thank you for setting me straight. I'd hate to type any review of it, using my cell once its installed and mounted. It most definitely has nothing to do with being a Marine (With a capital M) Is that a sufficient explanation for you sir?

Quick Reply: Yes, Another Exhaust Thread