RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Yes, Another Exhaust Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-18, 12:01 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,497 Likes on 1,797 Posts

Thanks man. Hope you have lots of fun with it. Looking forward seeing details and your review.

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
Thanks Rolla!!

This time, I absolutely must remember to do a full "Unboxing, Laid Out, Removal, Mounting, Wiring and First Start video & Photo Op so that I not only have record of this all - but also to help others down the road when it comes to this system. I know I went crazy trying to locate every piece of info I could on it before deciding to go this route. With my TBI I learn best by both "Step-By-Step" type education, AND ALSO thru the "Visual" type senses = Images!

As stated, now I just need to nail my buddy down on a day & time to do all of this!

OH!! Here is the Wiring Diagram that you asked about too Rolla.

https://www.armytrixusa.com/wp-conte...s-RCF-PDF-.pdf
The following users liked this post:
GunnyFitz (06-07-18)
Old 06-24-18, 02:05 PM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Moving Forward

Ok Gents.
Armytrix Valvetronic Exhaust completely mounted and installed.

*Complete video, including Live Dyno TBD. (So much footage between cell and GoPro needed bigger DropBox Account)

Received my 58 piece Carbon Fiber Interior Kit after weird set of circumstances. Applied 6 pieces today. Very tedious, but rewarding process doing this myself. Actually have a great system I'd like to share for anyone seeking something like this!

This kit, and my hot Blue Tipped Armytrix will be some good ****** to witness. Many kind and generous folks helping out on this build. I will not forget you, and be sure you're recognized when Mission Complete!

Car on Dyno, ready to roll

Matching Blue Tips!

Unboxing the Armytrix Remotes & OBD2 Dongle Case

Four sheets of Carbon

And so it begins....
05RollaXRS (06-24-18)
Old 06-24-18, 09:52 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Cool. Would be great to see videos and before/after dyno numbers.
GunnyFitz (06-27-18)
Old 06-25-18, 12:07 PM
winglet
Driver School Candidate

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow! Congrats!
Sure you have done a nice job.
Waiting for videos and your opinions regarding the exhaust.
GunnyFitz (06-27-18)
Old 06-27-18, 05:50 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts
Cool Electronically Challenged

Originally Posted by winglet
Wow! Congrats!
Sure you have done a nice job.
Waiting for videos and your opinions regarding the exhaust.
Anyone know their way around DropBox?
I have so many pics and videos taken from the Armytrix Install and uploaded everything there for now. Im trying to figure out how to re-arrange all the pics in chronological order, and Trim the videos down so that you don't see me walking back and forth from starting & stopping the cameras.

An agreement was made to produce several videos, which I have done. NOW- I just need to figure out the best Editing Method and get them out! If anyone out there has a DropBox Account and uses a MacBook Pro, please send me a link or something on "How to" coordinate these huge files. I have video from both a GoPro and my Note 8, but don't really like the "Quicktime" Video Application. Remember, I have a little "learning curve" to overcome too!

BTW- I've been doing a few pieces a day on this Carbon Fiber Interior Kit, which is a wicked tedious process for sure! Clean area with rubbing alcohol, locate proper piece for each section, carefully apply cut outs w 3M backing and firmly press each. The whole console area around cup holders, etc is one huge piece! Once its on-ITS ON for sure! A few pieces mildly inhibit function (Temperature Arrows, Air Vents) which I intend on trimming back a hair with a thin new razor knife. This is where Im at with it all right now. Anyone in my Area of Operations is welcome to come lend a hand! (LOL)

To Be Continued.......
Attached Thumbnails Yes, Another Exhaust Thread-radio-console-cf.jpeg  
Old 06-30-18, 03:13 PM
jjaatt
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Newby here---Just got '15 RC F sport and interested in exhaust and intake first.
Looking for ideas on relatively inexpensive axle back exhaust system. Stainless and want 4 tips, but mostly interested int the sound.
thks
Old 06-30-18, 03:28 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,943 Likes on 1,369 Posts

^^^^You have posted to the wrong forum. You may want to post here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...5-present-258/

Lou
Old 06-30-18, 08:07 PM
jjaatt
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^You have posted to the wrong forum. You may want to post here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...5-present-258/

Lou
thank you--see that now
Old 07-01-18, 10:54 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,943 Likes on 1,369 Posts

Hey Jjaatt-I dont mind you posting this in my thread man!
That's really not the point. He wants help, he'll have better luck in the appropriate forum.

Lou
Old 07-01-18, 11:56 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

I'm sure you've all seen these little door projection lights advertised right?
Once I found out where they go, it literally took me 5 minutes to change them out on each door.

Call me stupid, but these little $20 door lights look pretty damn cool on the ground when you open the car door, both day and night!

Passenger side in garage

Driver side in lit garage

***Anyone interested in a set of these please let me know. Just got an email reply from the Owner 3 minutes after sending one! I always thought those who respond so hastily to anyone, especially clients, are people of great character.
Looks great! Yeah, easy install and inexpensive mod but love the look at night when I get out of my car
GunnyFitz (07-02-18)
Old 07-02-18, 05:10 AM
winglet
Driver School Candidate

I have mines installed also. Very easy and I agree, looks great at night!!
Thanks to the info of GunnyFitz
GunnyFitz (07-02-18)
Old 07-05-18, 12:55 PM
winglet
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Have you looked at Invidia? It is more subtle. It is also cheaper as well since it does not have valve control. I heard it is definitely louder than stock, but not as loud as Borla or Armytrix. Borla seems to be the popular choice, but it is significantly louder.
Already ordered the Invidia to Meraki Autoworks.
Decision made just with the videos I have seen from your posts, but I don't want to be loud 100% of the time and I think that yes, this is a "subtle option louder than stock".
I would prefer the Armytrix as you know "Gunny Fitz", with open close /valves, but 25% of taxes to non EU product plus shipping make me more happy with the Invidia. I love this titanium blue tips.
Hoping to love the sound too!!
Old 07-05-18, 01:40 PM
jjaatt
Driver School Candidate

Decision made just with the videos I have seen from your posts, but I don't want to be loud 100% of the time and I think that yes, this is a "subtle option louder than stock".
I would prefer the Armytrix as you know "Gunny Fitz", with open close /valves, but 25% of taxes to non EU product plus shipping make me more happy with the Invidia. I love this titanium blue tips.
I just ordered the Invidia also. be here Sat....Thanks guys--Put a DS cold air intake in yesterday...sounds great, cant wait for the pipes
Old 07-05-18, 05:49 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

I think you will like it a lot. You can also make it slightly louder by getting the exhaust shop to remove the resonator and put straight through pipes there. It will give somewhat closer loudness to Borla while retaining that "exotic" like sound.

winglet (07-05-18)
Old 07-05-18, 06:04 PM
1BAD4DR
Pole Position

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts

Invidia with PPE headers sounds like a great combo. Going to pick up my Invidia tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Yes, Another Exhaust Thread