RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Replacement Battery Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-18, 02:57 AM
ChuH
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Replacement Battery Suggestions

I think my OEM battery is getting weak after 3 years of ownership. I notice the cranking is not as strong as before. I purchased one of those electronic battery tester on ebay and it shows to replace battery. Has anyone replace their battery on the RCF yet? If so what brand and model did you guys use. I tried to searching online for Interstate and AC Delco both came up with no replacement available for the RC F or even RC-350. Dealer most likely will be replacing with AC Delco as they have the dealership for AC Delco battery. Don't know if it is under warranty or not. Will be calling tomorrow.
Old 01-23-18, 05:58 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

It should be still under warranty. The question will be full replacement at no charge OR prorated replacement with partial charges?

The 36 months mark is the dividing time line as I recall (usually it's a 72 months battery), if my memory serves me correctly.

Just call or go to the Lexus dealership of your choice and find out. The sooner the better. It's usually a Panasonic battery.

Originally Posted by ChuH
I think my OEM battery is getting weak after 3 years of ownership. I notice the cranking is not as strong as before. I purchased one of those electronic battery tester on ebay and it shows to replace battery. Has anyone replace their battery on the RCF yet? If so what brand and model did you guys use. I tried to searching online for Interstate and AC Delco both came up with no replacement available for the RC F or even RC-350. Dealer most likely will be replacing with AC Delco as they have the dealership for AC Delco battery. Don't know if it is under warranty or not. Will be calling tomorrow.
Old 01-23-18, 02:18 PM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

I'd go with an Optima battery. I've have good luck with their batteries and they are priced reasonably.

Nick C.
Old 01-23-18, 07:02 PM
finny76
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts

What would be Lithium battery recommendations? Trying to save weigh too
Old 01-23-18, 07:16 PM
Mingofish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 330 Likes on 231 Posts

The RR lithium battery i have has been flawless for 7 months.
Most definitely recommend although pricey if not trying to save weight.
I’d go with optimum for a sealed battery or interstate for a wet battery. Both would be very solid choices imo.
Obviously best would be if dealer makes good on the old faulty oem battery.

Last edited by Mingofish; 01-23-18 at 07:18 PM. Reason: .
Old 01-25-18, 03:49 PM
yooniverse
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ChuH
Go to your local dealership. They should replace it under warranty.
Old 12-01-18, 04:06 PM
EGLIDE
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I replaced mine today.
The Lexus dealerships sell a “Lexus labeled” battery, but is is made by Interstate.
i think it has an 84 month warranty, with replacement if the battery fails within the first 2 years, and prorated thereafter.
Old 12-01-18, 07:54 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

I've used Optima and for a daily driver they are great. If you car sits for long periods without moving, not so great. Sadly, the longest lived batteries for occasional use are typically the cheapest. I learned this with motorcycles a long time ago. Also, if you're not going to use the battery/car for a long period, get a proper charger (make sure it has an AGM setting if you get an Optima), and use it religiously or you'll be having issues after as little as two years. AMHIK.
Old 12-01-18, 09:34 PM
buister
Pit Crew

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

For 15 years of owning the IS300 and IS350, the oem batteries never lasted me longer than 48 months. Lexus dealers will pro-rate it for partial warranty but the catch is the battery must have been installed by them. If you bought one and installed it yourself, you're out of luck. I figured that the installation costs $60 and the pro-rate warranty is $50 then I'd rather do it myself.
Old 12-03-18, 06:55 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 162 Posts

I must be the odd guy out once again. Had a bad experience with Optima and would NEVER buy one again! Is it me or are there too many Battery questions right now? Realize its Winter, but a Battery should last several years without having to replace it. Shocked to read the folks with 3 yr old batteries require replacements like this. Hmmm
Old 01-07-19, 01:37 PM
KJFS
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

For the RC 350, look at the Bosch Platinum Series AGM Battery Group Size 24 as a possible replacement.

Last edited by KJFS; 02-20-19 at 02:44 PM.
Old 01-07-19, 04:38 PM
yooniverse
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

I have the EarthX lithium battery. It weighs a little more than 4 pounds. Its priced around $500 but I think it's worth it IMO.
Old 01-07-19, 08:14 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Which EarthX did you get? Those sound really interesting.
Old 01-08-19, 05:27 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by yooniverse
I have the EarthX lithium battery. It weighs a little more than 4 pounds. Its priced around $500 but I think it's worth it IMO.
Originally Posted by lobuxracer
yes, very interested in model.
Old 01-08-19, 10:13 AM
finny76
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
They have 3 models that match up to specs/price:I'm guessing by price point its probably the ETX900, but seems its not a powerful battery for everyday use (based on CCA)

Last edited by finny76; 01-08-19 at 10:17 AM.

Quick Reply: Replacement Battery Suggestions