Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t Downpipe

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-18, 11:46 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by matttev
Wait so are you saying the PPE downpipe will throw a CEL?
No, the PPE (decatted) comes with a 90 degree O2 sensor spacer that would avoid a CEL, whereas the TTI has an O2 sensor diverter built inside of the downpipe. Now if you got the catted version then you shouldn't need an O2 sensor spacer. Sorry for the confusion.
The following users liked this post:
matttev (03-10-18)
Old 03-14-18, 08:03 PM
Miintt
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Any instructions for DIY? I might attempt to install it myself
Old 03-14-18, 08:30 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

You will need to remove the upper turbo assembly with turbo muffler and chargepipe coupling. Once you remove it you will have enough space to remove the heat shield and Vband for the turbo. I also do recommend removing the bracket that bolts the downpipe to the engine block, so you can have more space to line up the downpipe to the turbo back housing.

Miintt (03-14-18)
Old 03-15-18, 10:16 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

New TTI down pipe pictures.
WhyHateTho (04-15-18)
Old 04-21-18, 10:08 PM
Miintt
Pole Position

Are any of you guys with a decatted downpipe hearing a really horrible noise coming from the turbo/front of car before the turbo spool? I just installed mine and hate the noise coming from the front of the car. My diverter valve is also going bad so I’m not sure if that’s causing it or if its because of the removal of cat
Old 04-25-18, 11:09 AM
matttev
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Finally getting my catted PPE downpipe installed on Friday. Anything I should let the mechanic know before he starts?
Old 04-28-18, 05:36 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Miintt
Are any of you guys with a decatted downpipe hearing a really horrible noise coming from the turbo/front of car before the turbo spool? I just installed mine and hate the noise coming from the front of the car. My diverter valve is also going bad so I’m not sure if that’s causing it or if its because of the removal of cat
Are you talking about a raspy sound from the exhaust or a buzzing sound from the engine bay?

Originally Posted by matttev
Finally getting my catted PPE downpipe installed on Friday. Anything I should let the mechanic know before he starts?
Hopefully he knows that the upper turbo assembly can be removed and doesn't require taking off the AC line like several shops claim. I posted a couple pictures on here of my DIY.
Old 04-28-18, 09:29 AM
Miintt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sheddy
Are you talking about a raspy sound from the exhaust or a buzzing sound from the engine bay?
The sound isn’t coming from the exhaust in the back of the car its in the engine bay and you can only hear it when the turbo spools. It’s not the constant buzzing noise from when a diverter valve goes bad. You can also hear it during a cold start and while driving but not at idle.
Old 06-03-18, 02:18 AM
Clrex
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi guys, where should i order the TTI down pipe from? Tuning wise, will getting a BMS box stage 1 instead of custom tune works?
Old 06-03-18, 09:01 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Clrex
Hi guys, where should i order the TTI down pipe from? Tuning wise, will getting a BMS box stage 1 instead of custom tune works?
You can contact Tony from TTI on his email ttitony@gmail.com
The BMS would still work with the addition of the downpipe. I will recommend getting the BMS data cable so you can increase the boost. It is set at +4 psi over stock, but with added bolt ons an increase to +5 or 6 would perform well.
Old 06-16-18, 04:51 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Got my down pipe installed on my RC300. Unfortunately my PPE decatted down pipe didn’t come with the 90 degree O2 spacer.

Can anyone recommend one?
Old 06-18-18, 06:19 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tnilc
Got my down pipe installed on my RC300. Unfortunately my PPE decatted down pipe didn’t come with the 90 degree O2 spacer.
Can anyone recommend one?
Amazon Amazon

I have this installed on my PPE.
Old 06-24-18, 04:46 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy
emailed PPE and they sent me an o2 adapter but I had already bought and received the one on amazon. Think I’ll have them put that on. How hard is it to access and install? Sucks I couldn’t have the shop install at once. I should have opened the box and gone through everything first.

Really hope this this clears the CEL. The dealership called me saying they got a signal from my car that I had a CEL lol. Can’t find how to disable that signal to the dealership.
Old 06-25-18, 06:12 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tnilc

emailed PPE and they sent me an o2 adapter but I had already bought and received the one on amazon. Think I’ll have them put that on. How hard is it to access and install? Sucks I couldn’t have the shop install at once. I should have opened the box and gone through everything first.
Really hope this this clears the CEL. The dealership called me saying they got a signal from my car that I had a CEL lol. Can’t find how to disable that signal to the dealership.
The 2nd O2 sensor is on the lower side of the DP, but still accessible from the engine bay. Once you get the spacer installed you shouldn't get a CEL, but the dealership signal is new to me.
Old 06-30-18, 10:51 PM
Clrex
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got CEL after a day installing TTI decatted dp. I also install turbo delete and Burger on the same day. Was running fine for a day til CEL pop out. Please advise

Quick Reply: IS200t Downpipe