Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-18, 06:10 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy
That would be great. I just wish the tuning support was a lot better for us. I am tired of seeing these Honda 1.5T motors making ridiculous power and we are here struggling to get to 260whp.
Main thing is NO ONE is addressing the AFR's. You saw this firsthand when you had your car custom tuned. Just leaning out the top end of your RPM range a little (could have gone a bit further) gained you noticeable power. I'm starting to think most of these reflashes we are seeing right now are bumping boost, remaping the throttle and adjusting shift timers. Every single reflash has those terrible AFR's (10:1 on a DI engine REALLY).
Old 03-22-18, 06:29 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by loophole35
Main thing is NO ONE is addressing the AFR's. You saw this firsthand when you had your car custom tuned. Just leaning out the top end of your RPM range a little (could have gone a bit further) gained you noticeable power. I'm starting to think most of these reflashes we are seeing right now are bumping boost, remaping the throttle and adjusting shift timers. Every single reflash has those terrible AFR's (10:1 on a DI engine REALLY).
That is true. Everytime we made an adjustment to fuel and ran the car we kept on getting a lower result, so thats where i think we are having an issue with either the tuning program or these ECU "limitations". The tuner i used have done numerous cars and even he was confused about this issue. There's something that is crippling us from going further.
Old 03-22-18, 07:05 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

That is true. Everytime we made an adjustment to fuel and ran the car we kept on getting a lower result, so thats where i think we are having an issue with either the tuning program or these ECU "limitations". The tuner i used have done numerous cars and even he was confused about this issue. There's something that is crippling us from going further.
I think it's gonna come down to cam timing. I have a feeling Toyota is dialing in a lot of overlap towards the top of the RPM range. I need to run a snapshot of a full 4th gear pull to see what the intake and exhaust cam positions are. I mean it's a 2.0L 10.1:1 CR with 17PSI of boost. That sould be a 320HP engine.
Old 03-22-18, 07:24 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

I think it's gonna come down to cam timing. I have a feeling Toyota is dialing in a lot of overlap towards the top of the RPM range. I need to run a snapshot of a full 4th gear pull to see what the intake and exhaust cam positions are. I mean it's a 2.0L 10.1:1 CR with 17PSI of boost. That sould be a 320HP engine.
I agree, the motor is highly capable and they are claiming it to be a new generation 3S-GTE.
Old 03-22-18, 08:07 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

The drop off looks too much like the AWD 300 drop off.
Old 03-22-18, 11:34 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

I got an update from Tony that the ECU update has been completed. Lets see how it does.
Old 03-22-18, 11:45 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

I got an update from Tony that the ECU update has been completed. Lets see how it does.
Anything more than that?
Old 03-22-18, 01:25 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Anything more than that?
Nope, thats all the information i got so far. I'll just wait for my update then once its running good i'll make a trip to the dyno.
The following users liked this post:
imyang (03-22-18)
Old 03-22-18, 05:49 PM
loophole35
Pole Position

Me and one of my coworkers (who tunes Honda’s among other brands) were talking a bit today and we think the vast majority of the “limitations” is not having all the maps in the ROM “defined”. Meaning right now the TCM is fairly well known being its been used since the 06 LS and 07 IS-F they have defined part of the boost map and part of the throttle map. Matt at OV (I know his name is taboo here) had blogged a while back about the 3GR and all kinds of redundant and unnecessary maps he found in the ROM. Maybe some of the limitations are because of the redundanties.
Old 03-22-18, 10:03 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Guys Patience is a virtue .......Always let members of the platform is new and not many tuners are investing a lot of time to look into it, and let’s not forget the limitation of the softer are using since not all the maps are unlocked, furthermore the initial focus is on removing the small limitations that gives quick gains, and that’s not compare to other platforms since most of them don’t have flocked maps and have huge fan base .

I honestly think that the future for this platform is very bright, it’s just going to take a little bit of time and support, and honestly I really agree with all of you our cars are capable of making a lot more power .
The following users liked this post:
loophole35 (03-23-18)
Old 03-23-18, 05:15 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Nuke
Guys Patience is a virtue .......Always let members of the platform is new and not many tuners are investing a lot of time to look into it, and let’s not forget the limitation of the softer are using since not all the maps are unlocked, furthermore the initial focus is on removing the small limitations that gives quick gains, and that’s not compare to other platforms since most of them don’t have flocked maps and have huge fan base .

I honestly think that the future for this platform is very bright, it’s just going to take a little bit of time and support, and honestly I really agree with all of you our cars are capable of making a lot more power .
Trust me I'm not being impatient. But getting another mind or two on the subject is not a bad idea (especially someone with over a decade of experience tuning and developing tuning software). The BMW guy I know worked with Hondata on the K-pro development. My previous post may have come of a bit aggressive but that was not the intention. It's just my musing on the current state of the tunes we have.
Old 03-23-18, 06:31 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Says the guy who's already got the fix! lol j/k
Old 03-23-18, 06:40 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Trust me I'm not being impatient. But getting another mind or two on the subject is not a bad idea (especially someone with over a decade of experience tuning and developing tuning software). The BMW guy I know worked with Hondata on the K-pro development. My previous post may have come of a bit aggressive but that was not the intention. It's just my musing on the current state of the tunes we have.
I wish we had the tuning support like other manufacturers. I think its just the Toyota "unbreakable" ecu curse that keeps them away.
Old 03-23-18, 06:55 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Says the guy who's already got the fix! lol j/k
lol i don’t consider what I have a fix, before this car I had a 600whp Evo X so am far away for being satisfied and aiming for 400whp with out 8AR which am sure already it is capable of
Old 03-23-18, 07:13 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

lol i don’t consider what I have a fix, before this car I had a 600whp Evo X so am far away for being satisfied and aiming for 400whp with out 8AR which am sure already it is capable of
Just messing with you man.
I am looking forward to seeing what this update does.

Quick Reply: IS200t tune