Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

98 gs300 aristo swap!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-12, 03:02 PM
GS300LUV
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Japspec/ JIC down pipe

Originally Posted by japspec
You and your macgyver techniques lol,
Where did you get your JIC down pipe? I've been trying to find one for a while now with no such luck. Are you still running you stock JDM twins? Because thats the down pipe im looking for!
Old 04-24-12, 08:04 PM
VIP161
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im looking forward to reading up on all the updates on this swap!
Old 04-27-12, 01:18 AM
GS300LUV
Pole Position

Originally Posted by VIP161
Im looking forward to reading up on all the updates on this swap!
I will up date every time I do something to the swap. Now how often I will do something is a good question. I work for a company that makes commercial airplanes, cant say the name of the company...Bo#ing.....lol and I dont get too many weekends off. So the next update on it wont be until next weekend. But I will def post when I do!!
Old 04-28-12, 11:31 AM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GS300LUV
Where did you get your JIC down pipe? I've been trying to find one for a while now with no such luck. Are you still running you stock JDM twins? Because thats the down pipe im looking for!
i told you when i got it you never got back to me its on my car if you want one ill get you one its perfect if your keeping the stock twins.
Old 04-28-12, 05:42 PM
GS300LUV
Pole Position

i told you when i got it you never got back to me its on my car if you want one ill get you one its perfect if your keeping the stock twins.
HELL YES...I WANT ONE!! ILL PM you with my number so we can get it set up!!!!
Old 04-28-12, 09:39 PM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

HELL YES...I WANT ONE!! ILL PM you with my number so we can get it set up!!!!
Man there is sooo much out there for our model car.
Old 04-29-12, 12:31 AM
lexusdog
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Man there is sooo much out there for our model car.
Could you also let me know where to get one of these downpipes for stock twins. Thanks
Old 04-30-12, 05:45 PM
VIPDreamin
Driver

Subscribed. I plan on doing this swap in the fall
Old 05-04-12, 09:13 PM
GS300LUV
Pole Position

Ok, so I plan on putting in some work this weekend on the GS. A few weeks ago I pulled off the compressor inlet pipes to check for shaft play and any rubbing of the blades on the turbo housing. I found none and there was very little shaft play!!! So that was a good sign. The thing I didn't like and made me a bit uncomfortable was there was a small puddle of oil sitting at the 6 o'clock position in front of both turbo inlet blades. I also looked into the intake pipe" the inlet that hooks up to the air box" and noticed a gunk build up of oil and dirt. If you look into the intake pipe you can see where there is a notch that divides the air. That is what was covered up with gunk. So I decided to inspect the stock Aristo side mount that came with the swap and that also was a bit oily!! So after seeing all of this it is leading me to believe that I might have a bad turbo or two. Is there a way to determine if the turbos are in fact leaking oil? This is going to sound funny but, I stuck my fingers up the exhaust side of the turbos and felt the O2 sensor.....kinda like the first time I made it to 3rd base....LOL .....and there was no residual oil in there gunked up. After doing all that I completely cleaned out all the turbo inlet lines and flushed out the stock side mount. So what do you guys think? Should I just replace the turbos? Or is there a way to test them? I did find that the valve covers were quiet loose and that oil had made its way out. Could that have possibly leaked into the intake system?? FML A friend of mine from Canada Is bringing down a set of JDM twins from his Sorer and said I could have them for $100. I just don't want to pull off a set of turbos for nothing! Opinions please???
Old 05-05-12, 09:01 AM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Ur gonna have some oil in the intake piping as the passenger side valve cover is venting crankcase into the intake, and it pulls oil mist out with it, which builds up in the turbos and pipes. This is the purpose of adding a catch can to help eliminate/tone down the amount of oil passing into the turbo/ic/tb/intake.
Old 05-05-12, 02:47 PM
G0TB00ST
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In for more!
Old 05-07-12, 02:58 PM
GS300LUV
Pole Position

FML, I shoulda thought about that......Im thinking of installing an oil catch can but, since it is recirculated back into the intake system Im thinking it might affect Idle? Thanks for reminding me to think before I ask a question, that was something I coulda realized if I would have put a few minutes of thought into it.......
Old 05-07-12, 05:21 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Im thinking of installing an oil catch can but, since it is recirculated back into the intake system Im thinking it might affect Idle?
If you install it inline with the turbo side valve cover vent you'll be just like stock, just capturing some oil. Or you can plumb both covers in to the can back to the turbo intake, but you'll need to eliminate the pcv valve and plug the intake plenum input if you do that.

Make sure to not plumb both covers and both the turbo intake and plenum pcv intake all to the same catch can it will affect idling and drivability since the intake plenum would suck unmetered air in thru the can from the turbo pipe.

Just capturing the oil from only the turbo side will help reduce oil from building up in the piping, turbo, intercooler, and throttle body. You can leave the otherside with the pcv operational, and if your just running bpu you'll be fine. Under high boost the pcv's can leak boost and may need to be address if you ever go single. Although you could help reduce oil buildup from the intake plenum, runners, injectors, and combustion process if seperating oil from the intake plenum side as well.

Last edited by 99 GS3; 05-07-12 at 05:26 PM.
Old 05-07-12, 07:06 PM
GS300LUV
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 99 GS3
If you install it inline with the turbo side valve cover vent you'll be just like stock, just capturing some oil. Or you can plumb both covers in to the can back to the turbo intake, but you'll need to eliminate the pcv valve and plug the intake plenum input if you do that.

Make sure to not plumb both covers and both the turbo intake and plenum pcv intake all to the same catch can it will affect idling and drivability since the intake plenum would suck unmetered air in thru the can from the turbo pipe.

Just capturing the oil from only the turbo side will help reduce oil from building up in the piping, turbo, intercooler, and throttle body. You can leave the otherside with the pcv operational, and if your just running bpu you'll be fine. Under high boost the pcv's can leak boost and may need to be address if you ever go single. Although you could help reduce oil buildup from the intake plenum, runners, injectors, and combustion process if seperating oil from the intake plenum side as well.
Thank you bud!! I really appreciate all the good input you have provided me with!
Old 05-07-12, 07:20 PM
GS300LUV
Pole Position

Default Ignitor difference?

I remember reading on here that the GTE ignitor and the GE ignitor are different and have different part numbers. Is this true? The GTE I got came with the exact same part number ignitor as my GE. Just want to make sure so that if need be I can contact the importer "who has been really cool", and see if he will ship me the correct one....if need be! Thanx!

Quick Reply: 98 gs300 aristo swap!!!!