Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Time crunch! Need to choose an exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-12, 08:27 PM
Trza
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Time crunch! Need to choose an exhaust

Well fellas...I have spent weeks reading every thread possible when it comes to exhausts, not to mention all the sound clips posted here and on youtube. I have the choice between a Greddy SP Elite, Tanabe, or a Fujitsubo for my 2011 IS350 AWD and am unfortunately not sure which to go with. All 3 are similiarly priced and are within $100 of each other.

As of right now, I'm leaning towards the Greddy or the Tanabe. From the videos and pictures of the Fujitsubo, I feel that aesthetically it looks the worst out of the 3 and it is also too quiet.

I am looking for the exhaust that drones the least during normal driving conditions, this is most important, but is not too obnoxiously loud. I had an M2 mounted for a bit but took it off and sold it. As the M2 broke in, it seemed to get really deep at normal driving conditions which i got sick of after awhile. I'm going to be buying one of them tomorrow so....help me out fellas. Sway me in the right direction team!
Old 01-25-12, 08:37 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Greddy gets my vote. Love those burnt TI tips
Old 01-25-12, 08:46 PM
509IS350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
+1 on greddy. M2 basically is a knockoff of the tanabe. So it might sound the same. Its pretty quiet imo.
Old 01-25-12, 08:46 PM
SiskoMax77
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
CHOOSE WISELY! I love the Greddy look and sound. The drone is much more controlladble throughout the rev range. I am not to fond of the Megan racing mufflers but love their piping. In all take your time and listen to as many video's as you can both inside and out. You want to make a good purchase not a rushed one so that way you will enjoy your purchase.
Old 01-25-12, 08:53 PM
Trza
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish I had the option to get the SE...This is the SP which is just the polished tips. It's so hard to tell from video clips but it sounds like it would drone less at normal driving conditions, that's why I'm leaning towards the Greddy. Any other experiences?
Old 01-25-12, 08:55 PM
SiskoMax77
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Trza
I wish I had the option to get the SE...This is the SP which is just the polished tips. It's so hard to tell from video clips but it sounds like it would drone less at normal driving conditions, that's why I'm leaning towards the Greddy. Any other experiences?
HKS IS LOUD. Had it on my 09 GT-R and wished I never wasted the money. Great increase in horsies but OMG its trully a racing exhaust. Food for thought lmao
Old 01-25-12, 09:27 PM
A_Grasso
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Greddy SP FTW!
Old 01-25-12, 11:09 PM
Kauro
Pole Position

Greddy for sure! Sounds and look sexy!
Old 01-26-12, 12:03 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Tanabe is one of the quietest exhausts as far as I've heard. That and the "lexus HKS" exhaust.

I have the lexus HKS + Megan mids and there is NO DRONE whatsoever...and its defiantly not obnoxiously loud!!! Its defiantly on the quieter side.
Old 01-26-12, 12:47 AM
SiskoMax77
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
Tanabe is one of the quietest exhausts as far as I've heard. That and the "lexus HKS" exhaust.

I have the lexus HKS + Megan mids and there is NO DRONE whatsoever...and its defiantly not obnoxiously loud!!! Its defiantly on the quieter side.
That's good to know. I apologize for that statement of mine earlier. My GT-R was toooooooo loud. Plus....mine was titanium so that may have been another reason for the loudness.
Old 01-26-12, 12:55 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SiskoMax77
That's good to know. I apologize for that statement of mine earlier. My GT-R was toooooooo loud. Plus....mine was titanium so that may have been another reason for the loudness.
There are two exhausts made by HKS.

The HKS hi-power... which is LOUD!

Then there is the "lexus HKS" (Officially the "Dual sport exhaust by HKS")... it was a dealer option before the F-Sport stuff came out. When the F-Sport parts came out, they re-branded it the F-Sport and made it slightly louder/deeper.

http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/acces...st_by_HKS.html
Old 01-26-12, 01:03 AM
SiskoMax77
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
There are two exhausts made by HKS.

The HKS hi-power... which is LOUD!

Then there is the "lexus HKS" (Officially the "Dual sport exhaust by HKS")... it was a dealer option before the F-Sport stuff came out. When the F-Sport parts came out, they re-branded it the F-Sport and made it slightly louder/deeper.

http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/acces...st_by_HKS.html
This is why this forum rocks! Fellow owners helping and educating each other. I now have another reason to purchase the F Sport system! Thanks GiantsFan!
Old 01-28-12, 10:08 AM
Haddz
Driver School Candidate

i have a question perhaps bringing best of both worlds into one. is it possible to get the f sport exhaust and then change the tips to the burnt tips like on the greddy?