Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2jz-gte Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-06, 08:50 PM
bighitbike
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So how much was it for doing that single with it too? Or did that 5500 include the single setup? Also could you ask your friend how much he would have charged you if you weren't a friend?
Old 06-20-06, 10:56 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ROPADOPA
Im betting he didnt have drive shaft issues due to using a vvti motor which is found in the same generation gs vs using a first gen aristo motor swap. Also now a days a custom driveshaft is only a few hundred bucks.

Congrats on the swap...
Well the guys here on CL whom I'm referring to also used the VVT-i motors from the 161 Aristos.

Originally Posted by Burton
Yes I used the JDM drive shaft, but only the section from the end of the trany to the fist joint. The 4-speed trany is about 2 inches longer than the 5-speed stock trany. You also have to use the aristo trany mount.

Yes that is a good deal on the clip. If you get it can you send me pics of the fuel pump assembly.

Thanks,
Ben
I think that's what I was confused about, whether BurgandyGS used the driveshaft from the Aristo, or the driveshaft from his GS300?. The guy on CL also mentioned the problem with the length of the stock driveshaft, so now I don't know if BurgandyGS's "stock" referrs to stock GS300 or stock Aristo.

and yah it'll be nice to know the cost, including all the labor costs. Parts costs are not hard to figure out these days, but as GTE swaps on GSs get more common, I sure hope that the prices are more stable.

Last edited by GlobeCLK; 06-22-06 at 01:34 PM.
Old 06-21-06, 07:27 AM
Burton
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ROPADOPA
Burton remember this thread with the fuel tank drawing?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...2&page=1&pp=15
The pump assembly in the aristo is different it has a return line. I just want to see how it is set up stock

Ben
Old 06-22-06, 08:15 PM
BurgandyGS
Pole Position

Here's a couple of pics. Finally got the Map-ecu to work and took off the MAF. Also, no fuel cut anymore. The car is pulling hard man. Still need to do injectors and rail. When I hit high boost, the car is too lean. Can't push it too hard yet. Boost is spiking around 17 lbs. Can't wait to get on the track! Video's soon......
Attached Thumbnails 2jz-gte Conversion-digital-pictures-030.jpg  
Old 06-22-06, 08:16 PM
BurgandyGS
Pole Position

Check out the front mount.
Attached Thumbnails 2jz-gte Conversion-digital-pictures-028.jpg  
Old 06-22-06, 08:33 PM
benzo555
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats awesome bro! Im looking forward to the same swap as well in the future. I hear so many mixed stories as to what fits and what doesnt fit.. I would love to see if you would provide like a shopping list of parts you used and helpful hints! Congrats!
Old 06-22-06, 10:40 PM
Supraownzu
Driver

so my next question would then be do you think the vvti motor will hold 700hp??? in all the research i did before my sway, i found it could be done, but not realiably at that level. i personally went with the tried and true non-vvti motor so that even if i decided i wanted 800whp, it wouldnt be an issue. also, what are you doing to combat the tranny limitations???
Old 06-22-06, 11:27 PM
49GS400
Lead Lap

BurgandyGS - Very nice. That setup looks awesome.

On the topic of 2JZ-GTE conversions. Would be feasible for someone with a GS400 to do this upgrade instead of going S/C or TT. Since obviously boosting a GS4 is very expensive. Are their things different from GS400 model vs. GS300?
Old 06-23-06, 05:43 AM
Burton
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 49IS300
BurgandyGS - Very nice. That setup looks awesome.

On the topic of 2JZ-GTE conversions. Would be feasible for someone with a GS400 to do this upgrade instead of going S/C or TT. Since obviously boosting a GS4 is very expensive. Are their things different from GS400 model vs. GS300?

This has been covered in a nother thread search for it.

Ben
Old 06-25-06, 09:28 AM
BurgandyGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Supraownzu
so my next question would then be do you think the vvti motor will hold 700hp??? in all the research i did before my sway, i found it could be done, but not realiably at that level. i personally went with the tried and true non-vvti motor so that even if i decided i wanted 800whp, it wouldnt be an issue. also, what are you doing to combat the tranny limitations???
The block is the same part number for both?? And the head is the same, except the cam. As for the tranny, it will hold around 500 to the wheels and when it's broke I'll have it built. Right now I'm looking for a cluster and steering wheel for the tiptronic feature.
Old 06-25-06, 01:26 PM
Supraownzu
Driver

the block may be the same, but the pistons, rods, crank isnt. alright, maybe not all that, but i know the rods are different. and i dont know of anyone who makes cams for the vvti motors, though i only did a quick search at the time. also, i doubt the tranny will hold 500whp for long, and most the built trannies are normally only rated to 600whp-ish. converter is another big problem spot. i went the more expensive route and had one custom built for my car, so hopefully that holds up
Old 06-26-06, 12:21 PM
BurgandyGS
Pole Position

HKS makes a camshaft for the VVT-i motor but you have to buy a kit that comes with some VVT-i controller. How much did you spend on your tranny?? Just wondering what costs I might be expecting. Also, any pics??
Old 06-26-06, 07:59 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Supraownzu
There are JZS161 Aristo V300s and 98+ SupraTTs in Japan that makes more than 800+rwhp so that's probably not an issue. But I suppose that tuners here in the US are more familiar with the non-VVTi motor. Might take more work to squeeze out power, or need to be more careful with delicate electronics.
Old 06-26-06, 10:12 PM
Supraownzu
Driver

Originally Posted by GlobeCLK
There are JZS161 Aristo V300s and 98+ SupraTTs in Japan that makes more than 800+rwhp so that's probably not an issue. But I suppose that tuners here in the US are more familiar with the non-VVTi motor. Might take more work to squeeze out power, or need to be more careful with delicate electronics.
yes but are they still on stock internals. and also, they could be making 800whp on the ragged edge, whereas with the non-vvti motor 800whp is just starting to get the thing warmed up. weve all seen cars make 700whp for 3 pulls on the dyno or strip and then they have to start all over.

burgandy, i basically gathered all the info i could on what shops were doing to build the trannies and then had a friend do it for me locally. charged me 1800 for everything out the door, and is personally guaranteeing the tranny for 600whp for 1yr. i plan to beat the crap out of this tranny as much as i can till it fails, rebuild it, and then i'll know the limit. he has already said he is sure it will hold 700whp, but just wont guarantee it with a warranty for any amount of time. i checked out boost logic, level 10 (wouldnt bother with them again), stc, and a place out in california that a local supra guy used with good luck, and had my guy do what they all did to their built trannies. the converter i had custom built cost me something like 800. i also have an AEM EMS to help control the tranny and everything inside it, big bonus compared to using the factory tranny ECU. once i figure out how much this thing will hold reliably, and if i like the converter or not, i'll more than likely start selling them online. it also helps that i have a couple supra tt trannies as back ups/core exchanges.

alas, i am not a very big pic taker, though my friend that is helping me wants to get pics of everything even though the car is 80% completed already i'll try and get a couple pics and post them up in the next couple days. when all is said and done, he'll most likely do a write up on his site about the build www.inductionmotorsports.com

Last edited by Supraownzu; 06-26-06 at 10:16 PM.
Old 06-26-06, 10:27 PM
DEXLEX
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Best Tranny For Set Up

THE BEST TRANNY FOR YOUR SET UP WOULD BY TURBO 400 r THINK
ABOUT THE THE TRANNY WHEN I GO SINGLE

Quick Reply: 2jz-gte Conversion