Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SC300 VVT-i Turbo SP63

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-04, 08:50 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TrboDANDEE, offset is +42 front and +43 rear, we'll be installing the TT block and doing some more tuning, then i'll most likely be putting it up for sale and daily drive it in the meantime.
Old 01-18-04, 09:17 AM
TGRich
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Lex Luthor
TrboDANDEE, offset is +42 front and +43 rear, we'll be installing the TT block and doing some more tuning, then i'll most likely be putting it up for sale and daily drive it in the meantime.
What!?? After all this work, you're gonna sell her? Whats the deal Jon??

-Tim
Old 01-18-04, 06:31 PM
asnatlas
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by TGRich
What!?? After all this work, you're gonna sell her? Whats the deal Jon??
-Tim
Here is the deal... from this thread

Originally posted by Richie
LL, why aren't you installing it on your car?
Originally posted by Lex Luthor
Richie, taking a break from cars for a short while so I can concentrate on my wedding and a few other things that need attention, probably going to sell the sc300 also, and just sold my sc400 to a buyer in England. Won't be for long though, it's just that I tend to get nothing else done when i'm involved in one of these projects, been like that for years.
- Jon
Shawn
Old 01-20-04, 07:34 AM
SSmith
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Jon,

Haven't posted in a long time but come over and visit occasionally for the read. Been keeping track of your project, sorry to hear your going to sell. Sold my SC over a year ago now, miss it occasionally. My wife is the Cadillac manager at her dealership and I have a new 2004 silver CTS-V on order. 400-Hp and 6-speed family ride, gotta love it. Anyway, I'm sure you'll find another project soon. Sometimes I get that f-body mod bug when i see an older (91-92) one on the road. Oh well. Good luck on the wedding, my SECOND one is going great.

Shane
Old 01-20-04, 09:11 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Shane........sup brother, been awhile. Funny you mentioned the F-body thing, saw a worked 91-2 Formula yesterday and the memories started flooding back. CTS-V, eh? So back to american it is, thought you were going for the G actually, but i'm sure you'll love the Cadoo. You are more than welcome to fly up for the wedding man, or you can just come to the bachelor party...race shifter carts all day then spend the night @ VIP's......finest women in New York, but explaining the huge chunk missing from your checkbook when you get back to your wife is going to be murderous, we'll have to get you into federal witness protection . Hope the fam is well...

- JonJon
Old 01-20-04, 09:21 AM
SSmith
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Bought a Maxima (2003) instead. Dumb. This things got more wind noise than an f-body. Fixing to put the factory (Blose) back in. I've got to find something to do with all this Alpine and JL stuff I'm pulling out of it. My wife would probably love for me to come your way and get out of her hair. Would put a serious damper on my downpayment though...............ha ha. Good luck on the wedding, it get's stressful, but will all work out.

Shane
Old 01-25-04, 02:50 PM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what up all......just curious what happened to the ge block?.....

and are you selling the car?...or just the body kit Jon?....

you dont sound happy...how long have you been without your car now?......your comming close to Ethan Banks type of numbers...lol..j/k.....did he ever sell his car?
Jeff
Old 01-26-04, 07:31 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Good to hear from you Jeff. During tuning a rod went through several places in the block. New TT short block is being installed as we speak. I am selling the kit and possibly the car also....had my other one sold but it was a scam and he used a stolen cashiers cheque so I still have that one as well. No i'm not happy but it's probably not worth getting into. Curious how much you sold yours for, and no Ethan's isn't sold yet as far as I know. Car has been in the shop for three and a half months now, with months of waiting before that just to get in.
Old 01-27-04, 05:48 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

i could tell by your posting your not happy....the newer GE blocks dont have as strong of rods..anything over 450 becomes scary witht he rods...as you found out 1st hand...the gte block should solve all that....
as i told you before..you dont need that kit to have a georgous car.......drive it...enjoy it...whenever ya get it back...
sold my car to a gentleman named Jeff..in seattle washington for 28k....and i got to keep my nitrous system....wanna guess what car that will be in?..
also the guy who bought my car had the same name and was born 1 day before me...kinda scary huh
but he is a happy camper.
glad you found out hte check was bad before you shipped it......you can find a buyer for the car..its a clean car with a good owner.....let me know if i can help...
Jeff
Old 01-27-04, 08:37 AM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

LL,

Sorry to hear about the pains your going thru!

Do you know what the boost was when the damage occurred?

As for the scammer was it a Nigerian?
Old 01-28-04, 11:22 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Gazi, we both agreed the boost meter never registered more than a half bar, but the datalog showed a spike to 1 bar, was never past half throttle. The scammer's name is Graham Kelvin of grakauto@yahoo.com, aka Jimson Kelly...I believe he also uses the alias Graham Smith, i'll have him taken care of soon enough. What's worse is my bank practically accused me of being involved and put a hold on my account....I went ballistic. Anyway the car should be back together shortly, in the meantime i've been polishing aluminum for days....my fingers stopped bleeding long enough to use the keyboard without making a mess.
Old 01-29-04, 01:21 AM
legendary
Racer

I too have been watching to see a hopefully positive experience come from this....

LL, best of luck man....I am sure you will come out on top.

Also, be careful guys, folks are ripping others off with bogus cashier's checks...and leaving you in hot water with your bank...
Old 01-29-04, 03:49 AM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

I got my car sold, but you don't want to know the price

Jon- I am thinking of picking up an SC4 and dumping my GTi so I can lower that payment a tad too when going into house buying this spring (probably throw on a 160 direct port and converter until summer comes, and I can tear it down for a small twin setup finally, Lar and I have already began talking about this).

I sent you a PM about your car... I know you have already had it longer than you wanted, but if you still have it in a month or so and I have unloaded my D90 or GTi I would probably be interested in working something out with you, since I know you have taken care of the car, and most of the SCs you see now have like 402390973409 miles on them.

-Ethan
Old 01-29-04, 05:57 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by Ebanks
since I know you have taken care of the car, and most of the SCs you see now have like 402390973409 miles on them.

-Ethan
LOL good one man, finding a low mileage SC is tough!!

Jon, I know things are tough man, but keep ya head up! Good luck with everything!
Old 02-13-04, 04:13 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Thought i'd update. Finally done, GTE short block is installed, everything is buttoned up. Idles, sounds, and drives lock stock Lexus, you can't even tell it's running when sitting. JB machined the GT gate for a Tial spring so I can start off with something lighter and run low boost until all the tuning is done, but we've got the bov opened up anyway to keep from building boost until the rings are seated. I'm headed to Montauk this weekend with it, so that trip should rack up enough miles to break everything in, come back next week, finish tuning, and set the boost controller.
Attached Thumbnails SC300 VVT-i Turbo SP63-compressed-engine-4-good-pic.jpg  

Quick Reply: SC300 VVT-i Turbo SP63