Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SC300 VVT-i Turbo SP63

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-04, 11:26 AM
Sound Perf
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by siniquezu
Wow. And the tranny holds?

The tranny has not had the pleasure of making a shift yet at these power levels... I have it locked in 3rd gear for dynoing.
Old 07-14-04, 11:32 AM
TurboSC
Lexus Test Driver

Keep us updated Larry!!
Old 07-14-04, 11:37 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey John, it's comming close.
Great numbers!!
Old 07-14-04, 04:40 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Just hit 509 rwhp @ 21 psi.
This is w/ conservative tuning, through an automatic, with the stock exhaust.
It ran out of pump though, so Lar stopped there. In the interest of time we'll be wrapping it up...i'll be adding a second Walbro later and will Dyno again.
I cannot say enough about Sound Performance. Their skill and professionalism are top notch. I've built up alot of cars and dealt with alot of shops...SP did me right and met all my expectations.
Larry, Gary, Ivan, and Max....thanks a million.
Any questions about SP or this project in general...feel free to contact me.

- Jon
Old 07-14-04, 04:42 PM
Angel
Lead Lap

Congratulations. I am excited to see your vehicle in person.
Old 07-14-04, 04:56 PM
siniquezu
Lexus Champion

It's been over a year since this thread started. Don't bust that tranny just yet. to you and SP.
Old 07-14-04, 05:33 PM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

Congrats Jon... Go easy on that trans, we want you to be able to enjoy the car for a while!

-Ethan
Old 07-14-04, 05:59 PM
Sound Perf
Driver School Candidate

DAMN, this car will easily make 600 RWHP with another fuel pump!!! You guys need to convince John into letting me throw one in and make some serious power!!!

C'mon John....... !!!

Larry
Old 07-14-04, 06:09 PM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Lex Luthor
Just hit 509 rwhp @ 21 psi.
This is w/ conservative tuning, through an automatic, with the stock exhaust.
It ran out of pump though, so Lar stopped there. In the interest of time we'll be wrapping it up...i'll be adding a second Walbro later and will Dyno again.
I cannot say enough about Sound Performance. Their skill and professionalism are top notch. I've built up alot of cars and dealt with alot of shops...SP did me right and met all my expectations.
Larry, Gary, Ivan, and Max....thanks a million.
Any questions about SP or this project in general...feel free to contact me.

- Jon
Congrats mang!! Can't wait to see it in person.
Throw in another pump!!!
Old 07-14-04, 07:11 PM
W4SIM
Rookie

This weekend just gone i had the water pump in my Soarer Twin Turbo replaced. When i went to get it there was some good new and some bad news. Good news... the water pump was fixed. Bad news.... the car wouldnt go over 30Mph and was as rough as ****** to run.

Instantly my heart was broken.. the mechanic couldnt fix it for another 3 days and i ouldnt go to sleep for 3 days knowing my baby might never run right again. Fortunatly though it just turned out to be that when he was putting it all back together again he did not realise that the timing was out, hence the cr going into "Limp Home" mode and not doing more than 30Mph. All was corrected and now she runs fine.

But my point is that for 3days i was at an all time ow coz my car wasnt doing more than 30Mph and i didnt know why. So my GREATEST admiration and respect goes out to "Lex Luthor" who put up with almost a year of this bull**** from people and his car (well not the car but you know what i mean).

Iv just spent about 2 hours reading this post from the start and its caused me more pain than the 3 days i had with my own car. You are THE MAN Lex... keep it up mate and hope it all goes well for you now.

I once had to do this with my Rover Turbo... after about 2 months of hassle and being pissed about by different machanics i just jacked it in. Glad to hear that you carried on.
Old 07-14-04, 08:30 PM
Sound Perf
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by W4SIM
This weekend just gone i had the water pump in my Soarer Twin Turbo replaced. When i went to get it there was some good new and some bad news. Good news... the water pump was fixed. Bad news.... the car wouldnt go over 30Mph and was as rough as ****** to run.

Instantly my heart was broken.. the mechanic couldnt fix it for another 3 days and i ouldnt go to sleep for 3 days knowing my baby might never run right again. Fortunatly though it just turned out to be that when he was putting it all back together again he did not realise that the timing was out, hence the cr going into "Limp Home" mode and not doing more than 30Mph. All was corrected and now she runs fine.

But my point is that for 3days i was at an all time ow coz my car wasnt doing more than 30Mph and i didnt know why. So my GREATEST admiration and respect goes out to "Lex Luthor" who put up with almost a year of this bull**** from people and his car (well not the car but you know what i mean).

Iv just spent about 2 hours reading this post from the start and its caused me more pain than the 3 days i had with my own car. You are THE MAN Lex... keep it up mate and hope it all goes well for you now.

I once had to do this with my Rover Turbo... after about 2 months of hassle and being pissed about by different machanics i just jacked it in. Glad to hear that you carried on.

I agree!!! Im glad he took my advice and did not give up and went with my suggestion of the AEM!! Now how about another pump???
Old 07-14-04, 08:35 PM
quikturbo
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh Jon Jon, just do the other pump We did a sweet setup on my car, it'll be worth it!!!!
Old 07-14-04, 09:59 PM
TGRich
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do it, do it... hehe
You've waited this long, what's another couple of days to get it to perfection??
Old 07-14-04, 10:04 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PUMP IT UP!
Old 07-14-04, 10:09 PM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

ive been through the same sht, just jon has been vocal about it. I didn't want to share my story because it would be about 30 pages of posts long too. I am glad to hear that everything is finally coming together for you jon!! congrats on the numbers, and SP maybe you will be seening my car VERY soon. I should have went to the masters first...

Kevin

Quick Reply: SC300 VVT-i Turbo SP63