Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

rate your dealer

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-02, 09:43 PM
Lex Diamonds
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wilkie is cool with me - I haven't had a problem there yet.
Old 12-16-02, 10:24 PM
Cleo
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Elizabeth from Longo Lexus is Amazing!

Although I ultimately bought my car from another dealer (no one had the exact car i wanted except this one), Elizabeth Hyun from Longo Lexus (elizabethhyun@longolexus, 626.580.6200) actually helped me in buying that car at a great price. I'm always skeptical about car salespeople. I've had bad experiences in the past. But she was very forward with me and told me exactly how much a dealer would make in the deal (I don't mind a dealer making some money off the car...they have to run a business). It's too bad I didn't buy from her cause I could've bought the car cheaper from her (no one had the leather/leather in Silver 5MT).

I'm sure there are other honest dealers out there. I'm just stating my postive experience with this one. Just remember that she is not a friend or an acquintance...I just moved to LA so I wouldn't know anyone here...In fact, I have never met her in person. All the wheeling and dealing was done over the phone. I just like to help the people who are honest which includes many of those here who are seeking an honest salesperson.

Check out her posts (name: Longo Lexus) on this forum...She's always been helpful...

This is a great forum!!!!

That's my $0.02.
Old 12-16-02, 11:00 PM
Cleo
Driver

2 questions:

Does the service dept care if you bought the car from them (better service)?

Do the dealers get paid by Lexus Headquarters for doing the 1K and 5K free maintenance???

I'm thinking of bringing my car to Longo for service since everyone here (except for that guy with the sc400 with wrong tires) seems to agree that they are the best...
Old 12-17-02, 10:36 AM
DevilDog
Lead Lap

No

Yes

DD
Old 12-17-02, 07:54 PM
joedoe
Rookie

Default Lexus of Serramonte

Any opinion on Lexus of Serramonte, Bay Area?
Old 12-17-02, 08:41 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Cleo
I'm thinking of bringing my car to Longo for service since everyone here (except for that guy with the sc400 with wrong tires) seems to agree that they are the best...
I've heard good things about Longo, but if your close, also check out Keyes Lexus in Van Nuys. They are great.
Old 12-18-02, 11:18 AM
ClaudiG
Driver

Can anyone tell me who in Northern Jersey is a great dealer to use. Any contact names would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS
Old 12-19-02, 10:20 PM
LexFather

Default Lexus of South Atlanta, meet the Better Business Bureau (avoid this dealer)

Well, I HAD bought an IS 300 but it seems they lied to me about every single part of the transaction. I mean EVERYTHING. Not certified, price, down payment, etc etc etc etc. I am in shock a Lexus DEALERSHIP would even stoop to a level of LYING TO MY FACE. I bought the car 2 Saturdays ago, and returned it this afternoon. We were have an OBVIOUS communications issue, do you know these S.O.B.s called my mothers house and spoke to HER on the phone and THREATENED to report the CAR STOLEN. My mother was driving the car, and she almost had a damn heart-attack.

You know, when they focked up my Borla exhaust install, I did not say anything. The service man said "your coming for your 60k here right?". I said yes to BEGIN a relationship, I FULFILLED on my word and got it done there.

Well, they FOCKED that one up too. At the track last year with Dex, DaveGS4, Dr. Rick etc on the way home, I hit the gas and some fluid squirted out my car onto I think Dex behind me.

Well, next thing you know, my ******* CHECK ENGINE light is on. So I had to get that fixed under warrenty (not with them).

They also FOCKED UP Jazziz's L-tuned Spring/shock install and hit his sideview mirror in the garage.

They had my PARENTS waiting for 2 HOURS just to speak to a ******* service rep about their SC 400 (which they got fed waiting and went some where else).

Now they lied to me about buying a ******* car. Well I got the advice on what course of action to take from the Attorney General and I tell you all AVOID LEXUS OF SOUTH ATLANTA!!!!!

I cannot believe that Lexus let them get a dealership. Nally may have some *****s but they don't lie. Hennessy is BY FAR the best dealer of the 3, service and sales wise.

More details to come. Those at the meet in January get to hear the anguish, pain and disapointment in my voice when I tell ya'll this story in person.

They done focked with the WRONG one.
Old 12-19-02, 11:50 PM
pcmw
Lexus Champion

Sick,

That is horrible. I hope you called Lexus about this. I would ask for a response from the dealer General Manager or owner. I hate car salespeople as it is. I always figured that Lexus and other luxury car dealers would do a better job.

MW
Old 12-24-02, 02:20 AM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Angry Guys...I can't believe the salesman at Lexus at Orland Park tried to play me

To make a long story short, many of you have been following along with me as I have been presenting HID information about these cars as I have learned it over the past year. During this time, I have been preparing to part with my faithful 1991 Infiniti Q45 that has been of great service for the last two years. Well, the school semester is over and now the moment of truth is at hand....This week marks the beginning of my ES shopping experience. This is what I intend to buy:

94-96 Style ES300
Pearl white exterior
Tan Interior
Excellent (Like that ES from the Ebay auction last week
with the 31K mileage) to mint condition
Ect. Ect.

Today, I went out to Lexus of Orland Park simply because of a compromise I almost made provided scape goat car would have been available.

THIS IS THE PROBLEM

To make a long story short, this morning, I call the dealer in response to a pearl white model advertised together with a Forest Green. The later model was supposed to be a 96 with 59K miles, excellent condition with an additional 1 year warrantee ect ect.
The white one had over 102,000 miles and they wanted too much for it (about 10K).

Anyhow, the guy on the phone (Let's call him sales man X) tells me hey the car you're inquiring about is sold but we have a 92 with 74,000 original miles, just taken off of trade, perfectly serviced at the dealership, all records blah blah blah. All this for $5,900.00 (Kinda fishy if you ask me...) After some consideration and thought, I decided to fight through traffic and proceed WAYYYY Across town from the North Side of Chicago all the way (like 25+ miles of stop and go traffic) to Lex of Orland.
When I get there, mr. X, shoots me around to some other model I didn't ask to see. When I tell him hey this is not the car I came out to see he then says "Ohh I think I know exactly where the ES you came to see is."
(This is where it gets worse)
After chasing this guy around a big lot in 20 degree weather (much fun!!! ) we finally head inside to check and see where the car actually is. HE leaves me and my family in the waiting room for some time and then comes back saying " Hey, I've found your car!!!"
This blank of a salesman, leads me to an Acura Legend and is like tell me what's wrong with this car huh?!!! ITs a man's car...you know you want this.
(At this point I'm pissed off because of his horsing around and not taking the sale seriously and be honest)
Truth was, they never had any of these cars. This guy was full of it and used whatever chance he had to try and yank my chain. What a total waste of an evening...Sorry So long...I had to vent
AND SO...the saga continues...All I need is this car and I can do this HID mod...this isn't too hard to ask...I'm ready to buy

Last edited by tiguy99; 12-24-02 at 02:22 AM.
Old 12-24-02, 02:32 AM
jewelerz
Rookie

Well good luck dude. I hope you find the car your looking for. Watch of for those "stealers" uhh I mean dealers!!!! I've got a 93 ES300 and an Acura Legend LS Sedan and love both cars.
Old 12-24-02, 05:04 AM
Luc
Pit Crew

Man, that Mr. X must love Lexus to push a Legend. He should've bought it himself if it were a "man's" car. You should've told him to shove it up his rectum. Check with Bredemann Lexus, though they may not be cheap, but last time I was there, they had a '93 ES. They do have an inventory online: www.bredemann.com . Be warned though, before my friend bought his '98 ES from a friend of ours, we were there checking the cars out, and supposedly, these used cars have gone through the "certification" process. However, we found about 5 cars with blemishes: cracked windshield, another one with a replaced windshield that covered the VIN, etc. I pointed out to the salesperson, but I'm sure it never got back to the service department. Don't let the clean-looking engine that was sprayed down fool you.

Luc

Last edited by Luc; 12-24-02 at 05:04 AM.
Old 12-24-02, 11:22 AM
steviej
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You could report/discuss the bad experience to the general manager of Orland Park. The bait and switch technique of sales is illegal (at least in MA). That might find you the car advertised.

When looking at a used car have them allow you to take it to an adept mechanic to give it the once over. If you like it and there are problems, tell the dealer you will buy it if and only if they fix the list of problems at no cost to you.

Good Luck

sj

Last edited by steviej; 12-24-02 at 11:25 AM.
Old 12-24-02, 02:54 PM
XenonES3
Lexus Test Driver

Bredemann plays games too. I went there 2 weeks ago to checkout some GS430s, but they were understocked. They had a surplus of SCs so they forced me to look at those...

If you don't mind another color, Bredemann has a badazzz 1996 ES300 in maroon. That's my favorite color, it looks monotone and very RICH. The car is in outstanding condition inside and out.

There was also a beige ES, 1995, limo-tinted, and on 18" chromes. Mileage was very high though.

That's all I can remember, good luck!
Old 12-24-02, 11:45 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks guys! I will follow through after Christmas. I would hate for Mr. X to loose his job but the way he tried to jerk me around, it was unfair. I am a buyer that has been pre-approved already. All I need is the car I want. I don't have time to be jerked around by some sales guy that just wants to play games. As for the Acura, he mentioned how he'd buy it himself if he wasn't trying to get me to buy it (total bull___). I'm going to look into the matter of calling the GM this thursday. BTW, Maroon is the color I have right now on the Q45. I'm kinda done with that dark color car thing and want something different (hense the desire to own Pearl white ) Thanks once again for all of you guys' support. I'll keep you posted. AND Happy Holidays to all

Quick Reply: rate your dealer