Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

rate your dealer

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-01, 08:44 PM
eppan
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lexus of Glendale
Glendale, California

Rating: 4 Stars

Would you recommend this service/parts dept? Yes (Highly recommended)

Your service advisor/contact: 1) Emilio Shakenians, 2) Scott, 3) Steve (new guy)

Comments -- Positive: Have been very pleased with the service helpfulness of the all the service guys there. Always gotten a RX loaner. So far so good and they treat you like you bought a new car from them.

Pricing for common service: Haven't done any major service yet...only an oil change. Next service is going to be the 30,000 miles service...and seems to be about $300.00 .. Heard that it is average.
Old 12-24-01, 05:53 PM
rmulak
Driver School Candidate

Bay Ridge Lexus
Brooklyn, New York
No Star
Service/Parts - NO

The place sucks. They make you wait for ever and prices are insane. It feels like you maintaning a ferrari instead of lexus.
Old 12-25-01, 07:20 PM
GS4Man

Default Rate Your Lexus Dealer Service Dept

Lexus Carlsbad
Carlsbad, CA

Rating: 4

I am not sure the service at Lexus Carlsbad could be better. Unless perhaps they shined my shoes before leaving and handed me the toilet paper in the stall. Every time I have even mumbled about anything, they pick up on it and end up fixing or replacing it. They fixed the minor rattles, replaced my whole steering wheel assembly when I mumbled about a small blemish on the backside of the leather wheel, replaced my side view mirrors when I mentioned that the bottom edge of the rubber around the mirror appeared to be blemished, replaced my fog lights when they detected some moisture in one of them (no doubt from me not correctly resealing them after breaking the yellow tint lense to remove it). No, my brother does not work there, and no, I do not have pictures of the service manager.

Definitely recommended. I will probably be a repeat customer when Lexus updates the GS series (in 2003 ?).

1998 GS400 Blk/BLk 17" Stock alloys, Toyo T1-S
Old 12-25-01, 08:29 PM
kreativ
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you think about it, it's Lexus corp. that pays for all the replacements under warranty. So it's in their interest to spend Lexus corp.'s money to make their customers happy. Unfortunately, dealer service isn't that nice after the warranty ends.
Old 12-29-01, 09:55 PM
strshooter
Rookie

Thumbs up

Longo Lexus, El Monte, CA

FOUR STAR RATING, Service Manager, Perry Roeder, GREAT SERVICE.

Highly Recommend.
Old 01-02-02, 06:41 PM
jahummer
Pole Position

Dealership: Lexus of Clearwater, Clearwater, FL

Rating: ***.5

Would you recommend this service/parts dept? Yes

Your service advisor/contact: Ongoing turnover of service reps Different one each time I'm there

Comments: Superb sales department, will treat you like royalty even call you to invite you to special events. And I was 24 when I bought my first Lexus from them

Have had mixed feelings regarding service. Most of the time they take care of what needs to be done promptly and accurately. But a couple of occasions had to return for same problem or had issue regarding warranty coverage. I must say though that they do not always answer the phone or return telephone calls nor do they always let you know when your car is done. I also think their prices are a bit steep with 15K service at $515.95, 30K $694.95. But I have had to go in without an appointment and the service reps have always been able to help me out. Also my car never comes back clean but then they admit to not having very good employees in that department. Only had a small dent once after service there and my rep of the day was quick to have it repaired immediately, expressing shock (mock or not)
Old 01-08-02, 12:01 PM
CPerez100
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up

Arlington Heights, IL
Old 01-08-02, 07:12 PM
Sooner
Pole Position

Thumbs down

lexus of seattle and i mean
Old 01-12-02, 12:48 PM
joehp1
Rookie

Smile Service

Hoffman Lexus in East Hartford, CT - excellent!
Old 01-13-02, 07:11 PM
Raddray
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs down

0 out of 5
Lexus of Watertown, MA

1999 GS300

Went in for an oil change. They took the wheels off to check the brake pads... Torqued the driver side wheels to 150+ft/lbs. Warped my rotors. For those that don't know. That's twice the correct amount. I had to use a 3' breaker bar to get the 8 lug nuts off and 2 locks. They even torqued the LOCK down that tight. Almost impossible to take off with the wrench in the car.

Also had issues with the driver door speaker cutting in and out. They could not find the problem.(In fact, it's still happening) They tried to charge me for diagnosing a problem with a car that was 6 months old.

AVOID SERVICE FROM THEM IF POSSIBLE!!!!!

Last edited by Raddray; 01-13-02 at 07:15 PM.
Old 01-17-02, 01:09 PM
928owner
Driver

Dealer: Longo Lexus of El Monte
Rating: 0 Stars
Recommend: No
Service Advisor: Don't Care
Comments:
Sold me a 1993 SC400 which was supposed to be "certified" (checked-out). Afterwearing out tires prematurely (including a blowout), I have discovered that by put 225/50 series tires on the car, which;
1. Is not load rated correctly,
2. Lowers the car and causes bottoming out too easily,
3. Results in an oddometer reading higher than it should, which increases the need for regular service, and,
4. May have caused a serious problem if I was forced to use the full capability of the ABS system.

This car is supposed to have 55 series NOT 50 series tires.

I would never ever ever EVER buy another car from Longo, and don't trust their service department.

Another Longo Sucker....
Old 01-17-02, 04:09 PM
jahummer
Pole Position

I'm curious, how much of a difference in mileage does the wrong tire size cause?
Old 01-17-02, 04:31 PM
928owner
Driver

I have not done the total calculations, but the difference is Aprox. 783 revolutions per mile for the correct tire versus 811 revolutions per mile on the wrong tire which is an increase of 28 revs per mile that didn't need to be there and increased my odometer reading AND service requirements because neither are true indications.

Again LONGO LEXUS of EL Monte was responsibile fully for this error, unfortunatly, I caught this too late to go back and push it in their faces. Howerver, if a car was supposed to be certified, don't you think they should have "noticed" this? Initially, it caused the front lower spoiler to get damaged, so they should have "noticed" this then. To be truthfull, I have had more problems with this car than any other vehicle I have owned, and in this situation, it was Longo's fault.
Old 01-17-02, 08:44 PM
jahummer
Pole Position

Since this is the case I am surprised that Longo can't provide you with a rational explanation as to why they are not prepared to take care of you issues. I suggest that you contact Lexus America immediately and voice your concerns to them.
Old 01-18-02, 08:11 AM
928owner
Driver

As I said, it has been too long as I discovered the situation far after the fact. Now it would be a matter of "he said, she said".

If I had realized there was a situation after I purchased this car, I would have done exactly what you had said, but a year had past before I was made aware of the situation. It would almost impossible to prove guilt, but thank you for your suggestion.

Quick Reply: rate your dealer