Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Power Steering Pump Needed.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-06, 02:07 PM
SolShinobi
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Power Steering Pump Needed.....

Ok...i've gone to Lexus, to Napa and checked online but can't find a reliable source for one.

This is a part i need but i am seeking suggestions on a good one that is either rebuilt or not rebuilt. Prefering the non-rebuilt.

Am i stuck with just the stealership for new? Or ...should i just stick with the rebuilt ones from Napa and the like. I don't know if that part will last well. Seeking those experience with a rebuilt one versus non-rebuilt and where i could order 1 from.

Thanks all
Old 02-02-06, 09:34 PM
koolaidman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SolShinobi
Ok...i've gone to Lexus, to Napa and checked online but can't find a reliable source for one.

This is a part i need but i am seeking suggestions on a good one that is either rebuilt or not rebuilt. Prefering the non-rebuilt.

Am i stuck with just the stealership for new? Or ...should i just stick with the rebuilt ones from Napa and the like. I don't know if that part will last well. Seeking those experience with a rebuilt one versus non-rebuilt and where i could order 1 from.

Thanks all
from the dealer ur probably going to get a re built 1. and dont call it a stealership. its a place of buisness. by saying that u call every buisness a "stealership" everyone over prices.

take gap for an example. to make a each piece of clothing it cost them $5 to make. that includes the labor and shipping. how much does gap prices their stuff. 40-70.

its a place of buisness and some1 wants to make money
Old 02-03-06, 11:00 PM
TunedRX300
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks all
What's wrong with your PS pump? www.rockauto.com, no tax, you can even Google 5% coupon code. Return with your old PS and you will get your core charge refunded
Old 02-07-06, 05:50 AM
SolShinobi
Rookie

Thanks all
Thanks for your reply and opinion. I do respect it. I am refering to the dealership and respond to sales/marketing by how the product is priced, the quality of the product and how i am treated. All of this however is besides the point.
Old 02-07-06, 05:51 AM
SolShinobi
Rookie

Originally Posted by TunedRX300
What's wrong with your PS pump? www.rockauto.com, no tax, you can even Google 5% coupon code. Return with your old PS and you will get your core charge refunded

Ok thanks. The car is making a very loud whining sound when it's cold out. It goes away after the car has heated up. Thanks for asking.
Old 02-13-06, 04:40 PM
turbo6
Pole Position

Not sure if you are still in need, but I just PM'd you regarding my '98 sc3 powersteering pump.
Old 02-24-06, 09:34 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by koolaidman
from the dealer ur probably going to get a re built 1. and dont call it a stealership. its a place of buisness. by saying that u call every buisness a "stealership" everyone over prices.

take gap for an example. to make a each piece of clothing it cost them $5 to make. that includes the labor and shipping. how much does gap prices their stuff. 40-70.

yeah.... and the gap has sales every once in a while.....
Old 02-27-06, 03:57 PM
onlylexus8
Rookie

Originally Posted by bigmalik00
yeah.... and the gap has sales every once in a while.....

and nice clothes!
Old 02-27-06, 05:40 PM
Xeeeeeem
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by koolaidman

Not to be a smart a$$ but i doubt they make their cloths for 5 dollars shipped. To break it down a lil, a company needs to get material for the cloths, they gather the cloths, ship it off to another sweat shop. That sweatshop puts the shirts/whatever else together and then they ship it overseas to america to a airport/harbor, then its shiped to a warehouse and then its finally shipped to the stores so it prolly costs more than 5$$. Then the final price is included in the GDP haha. Economics class is takin over the way i think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I worked at walmart in the toy/pet section and most of the merchandise we sold only had a mark up on average of 20-35%. But most stuff over 15$ only has a mark up of 10-15 %
Old 02-27-06, 05:54 PM
Xeeeeeem
Lead Lap

Thanks all
I got a remaned PS pump few months ago from overnightautoparts.com for 175+75 core, but im pretty sure i got ripped off. When i got my pump, red plastic pieces were broken and it was greasy and dirty. And their customer service is awful. They offered me to exchange the PS pump but it was too late, mine had to be replaced right there and then. I guess it works n stuff but ill never know where i got a core from someone else. It noisier than my older one too. IMO, Great prices but i would not recommend them

I got my rotors, and tried to get my rear calipers from Rockauto.com . Great prices on the rotors, decent price on the calipers....i just wish they would have sent me the right calipers. Once again, good prices, bad business

Good luck man