Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

power window problem!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-06, 04:55 PM
skohl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power window problem!

Hope someone can help. I have a 98 lx470 and the one touch power window on driver side goes up but then comes right back down to first setting. Also squeaks real bad. I assume i need a new regulator but can't seem to find one anywhere. I also heard that there is some type of reset for power windows? Any help would be appreciated!
Old 01-10-06, 03:30 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to CL, you may need to reset the jammed protection function and use the WD-40 to lubricate the window run. Have your window been replace?
I recommend to take it to Lexus for reset( It will be very costly).
Old 01-12-06, 11:26 PM
koolaidman
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by skohl
Hope someone can help. I have a 98 lx470 and the one touch power window on driver side goes up but then comes right back down to first setting. Also squeaks real bad. I assume i need a new regulator but can't seem to find one anywhere. I also heard that there is some type of reset for power windows? Any help would be appreciated!
try using a dry lubricant. using wd40 will leave residue

and to reset the windows. disconnect the window switch to that particual door and then reconnect it

to initialize\

window all the way down
pull back on the window switch and count to 10 and ur done
Old 01-14-06, 09:55 AM
skohl
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for your help. I tried the reset and now the window only goes up about 1/3rd the way? when i held the switch downfor 10 seconds, the light flashed on the switch so i assumed it was reseting but doesnt go all the way up. Maybe bad switch itself? Not sure. i did not have the window replaced but i did have one of the brackets that holds the glass onto the track replaced because it broke and the window fell off track.

Again, thanks for your help. I was hoping to not have to take this to the lexus dealership for a costly "process of elimination" trip.
Old 01-14-06, 12:12 PM
koolaidman
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for your help. I tried the reset and now the window only goes up about 1/3rd the way? when i held the switch downfor 10 seconds, the light flashed on the switch so i assumed it was reseting but doesnt go all the way up. Maybe bad switch itself? Not sure. i did not have the window replaced but i did have one of the brackets that holds the glass onto the track replaced because it broke and the window fell off track.

Again, thanks for your help. I was hoping to not have to take this to the lexus dealership for a costly "process of elimination" trip.
tell me what code poped up when u held the window up button

will flash like this

*_*_ _ *_*_*

_ = 1/4 seconds
* = light flash

means 23
let me know what comes up and tell me what year and model and ill guide u from there
Old 01-14-06, 01:46 PM
skohl
Driver School Candidate

Ok, here is what i get. after i unplug the switch, i plug it back in and hold the down position for 10 seconds and i get a series of even blinks. the window once again goes all the way up as long as i do not hit the one touch. I tried this several times with same results. i also tried this procedure in the up position and did not get the blinks. Did i follow you correctly? The make nd model is lx470, 1998.

Thanks for your patience.
Old 01-14-06, 04:24 PM
koolaidman
Lexus Test Driver

Ok, here is what i get. after i unplug the switch, i plug it back in and hold the down position for 10 seconds and i get a series of even blinks. the window once again goes all the way up as long as i do not hit the one touch. I tried this several times with same results. i also tried this procedure in the up position and did not get the blinks. Did i follow you correctly? The make nd model is lx470, 1998.

Thanks for your patience.
define seriese of blinks

*_*_*_*_*
Old 01-14-06, 05:28 PM
skohl
Driver School Candidate

Exactly*_*_*_*_ no pause, even continuous.