Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Does Freeman Lexus Not Want Our Business?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-05, 05:32 PM
OneHump
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does Freeman Lexus Not Want Our Business?

I hope this thread doesnt get removed, because I think it is important to let everyone know about a dealer who holds no regard for the Lexus enthusiast community.

As you may have read in a couple of my other posts, I'm disappointed that the Mark Levinson won't be available in the first allocation.

Thought I think some lexus dealers might consider me "a pain in the ***", my request is simple:

Give me good service by going and finding out for sure what the answer is, and let me know when you find out. Give me a reasonable time frame in which my car will be available, or tell me, definitively, that it won't be available at all.

I made a single call to Freeman Lexus in Santa Rosa, CA, to see if I could find that level of service. I made a simple request, find my car and get a check.

I spoke with Carey Mason, the general manager. He quickly told me that no vehicles will be delivered to the west coast with the ML option. My impression, based on the context of his comments, is that they will never come with ML. He said the standard sound system is a 7 speaker system that sounds fine. He also said putting the ML option on the vehicle will price it with the GS.

Considering the IS350 comes with 13 speakers and not 7, and pricing information is NOT available, I knew immediately that I was barking up the wrong tree. I let him know that this community is knowledgeable about the first allocation and shared a couple of numbers with him. He started to argue and repeated back the same numbers I had given him, saying I was wrong. OK, whatever.

I then told him that there is an uproar about the issue within the community and he said:

"What, with your 5 member group?" then he chuckled. That is when I ended the call.

This guy essentially shat on a customer with a $40,000 check in hand and shat on the Lexus community as a whole.

Please let it be known that Freeman Lexus doesnt care about what this customer wants and has no respect for the Lexus community.

I'll make sure Lexus knows that on Monday.
Old 10-08-05, 05:58 PM
Nauticalx
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thats disturbing news, sorry to hear it.
There is no reason for any dealer to shun a customer willing to spend that kind of cash on a vehicle.
There is just too much profit potential in each early sold vehicle for them to take any sale for granted.
I hope that you are able to located your ideal vehicle.
I remember someone posted pics of early models arrived in Florida and one 350 did have ML in it.
I am in Georgia, if money if not an issue for you I'd suggest you call around and find a dealer who can get you the perfect vehicle and go pick it up or have it trucked to you for a slight fee.
Good luck!
Old 10-08-05, 06:00 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

As frustrating as it is, remember that most salesmen primarily sell cars, and do not research them as much as we "enthusiasts" do. Most know the general basics, not the details.

The best way to get information is to ask members in the CL community. We know all about the details.

As of now, there are a few details out there about final pricing and availability of certain options such as ML or port-installed accessories. I ordered my car over two months ago, and Toyota Headquarters do not know (yet) when port-installed accessories will be available. As of last week, they could only offer me wheel locks, cargo net, and trunk mat. And they were not able to give me any information on pricing. This is from the U.S. Headquarters!!!

Take your time with asking people questions. You will find out that most people do not know ******, and that only a few will have valuable useful info.
Old 10-08-05, 06:02 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Nauticalx
I remember someone posted pics of early models arrived in Florida and one 350 did have ML in it.
That was a demo car, NFR.
Old 10-08-05, 06:15 PM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OneHump
I hope this thread doesnt get removed, because I think it is important to let everyone know about a dealer who holds no regard for the Lexus enthusiast community.

As you may have read in a couple of my other posts, I'm disappointed that the Mark Levinson won't be available in the first allocation.

Thought I think some lexus dealers might consider me "a pain in the ***", my request is simple:

Give me good service by going and finding out for sure what the answer is, and let me know when you find out. Give me a reasonable time frame in which my car will be available, or tell me, definitively, that it won't be available at all.

I made a single call to Freeman Lexus in Santa Rosa, CA, to see if I could find that level of service. I made a simple request, find my car and get a check.

I spoke with Carey Mason, the general manager. He quickly told me that no vehicles will be delivered to the west coast with the ML option. My impression, based on the context of his comments, is that they will never come with ML. He said the standard sound system is a 7 speaker system that sounds fine. He also said putting the ML option on the vehicle will price it with the GS.

Considering the IS350 comes with 13 speakers and not 7, and pricing information is NOT available, I knew immediately that I was barking up the wrong tree. I let him know that this community is knowledgeable about the first allocation and shared a couple of numbers with him. He started to argue and repeated back the same numbers I had given him, saying I was wrong. OK, whatever.

I then told him that there is an uproar about the issue within the community and he said:

"What, with your 5 member group?" then he chuckled. That is when I ended the call.

This guy essentially shat on a customer with a $40,000 check in hand and shat on the Lexus community as a whole.

Please let it be known that Freeman Lexus doesnt care about what this customer wants and has no respect for the Lexus community.

Perhaps from the Sales Manager's perspective you were some stranger calling him on his busiest day of the week (Saturday) to "yank his chain" and debate him on a matter of which he has no control. Maybe you do know more than he does about this topic; but did you stop to think that he was trying to be as helpful as he could (on the telephone) with the limited knowledge that he had at his disposal?
Old 10-08-05, 06:16 PM
LexFather

Sorry, this will be moved, we don't keep dealer feedback threads in the car forums.
Old 10-08-05, 07:21 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
As frustrating as it is, remember that most salesmen primarily sell cars, and do not research them as much as we "enthusiasts" do. Most know the general basics, not the details.
I can buy that if it were a salesman, but he said he spoke with the General Manager. The GM is the top dog of the dealership next to the owner so no matter what he shouldn't take that sort of tone with any potential customer at all. If the GM didn't know the figures he should have simply said he will research it and get back to him.
Old 10-08-05, 07:30 PM
OneHump
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for all the feedback. I agree that this person, especially being the General Manager, should have had a better approach to customer service.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. I'd love to give Elizabeth my money. I'm going to wait and see if she has more information next week. If I have to order, I'll order through her.

I might check other regions and pay to have the vehicle shipped. That's great advice.

Thanks for your support!
Old 10-08-05, 07:37 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Sometimes it's the delivery, the tone of voice and language that can affect whether one is in agreement with another.

That said, whatever happened to 'the customer is always right'? This dealership should at least give its prospective customers the benefit of the doubt. I think that some Lexus dealerships have gotten too comfortable with their high profit margins, and runaway success, that they have forgotten the strength of service and customer care that got them there.

Hopefully most Lexus dealerships still retain that, or are improving. After a rather unspectacular (by Lexus standards) experience at one Lexus dealership, we switched our business to another and were quite satisfied. Ah, the joy of discovering Lexus care as it was meant to be, and as its reputation warrants!!! It's still out there.
Old 10-09-05, 08:17 AM
OneHump
Driver School Candidate

That's certainly correct about delivery. I was more than nice to the guy. He seemed to have a chip on his shoulder from the start, as if I were not a serious buyer and that no one could want anything (ML) if he didnt want it.

The bottom line here is that I'm trying to find someone who *wants* my business. From the first day I walked into a dealership, I was suprised to find a lack of "pressure" that I've seen in the past. I thought that was a good thing, and it is... until it extends to a lack of concern for a customer's business or, more importantly, a lack of concern for a customer's needs.

Lexus is supposed to be more in touch with the customer than any other manufacturer. Casey Mason at Freeman Lexus has taken the exact opposite of that approach. He doesnt care what at least one customer wants and mocks a community that directly results in Lexus' success.

Sure, I'm a demanding customer, but not an unreasonable one. The bottom line is that I have $45,000 to spend and am looking for someone who wants to earn it.
Old 10-09-05, 11:22 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

^^^
Exactly! Good luck on your purchase!
Old 10-13-05, 11:09 PM
koolaidman
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by OneHump

well it happens from time to time. it happens
ive heard stories saying a customer came in demanding this and demanding that. the salesmen says. "your pissing me off get the **** out"
cust rreplies "who the hell are you to tell me to get out"
salesmen "hands him his buisness card."
customer walks out

needless today that the sales men is the owners son. lol it happens let it go. and find another dealer who is willing to recive ur check for a lovly car
Old 10-14-05, 09:22 AM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Why don't you give Lexus of Marin a call?
Old 11-03-05, 08:43 AM
MVlexus
Driver School Candidate

Don't bother with Lexus of Marin either. They have the same attitude as Freeman. I also went in to pay cash for a new IS250 and was basically ignored and no I'm not a young guy. I was hoping that Freeman was better, I guess not.