IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lexus Dealer Reputation Going Downhill?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-12, 11:04 AM
Machog
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus Dealer Reputation Going Downhill?

I've been away from Lexus for 5 years, until I sold my BMW and got the IS250C. My previous 2 Lexi were served at Bellevue Lexus in WA and they always did a good job, never any problems in or out of warranty.

It seems from the threads in these forums that Lexus have let their service and reputation go to hell.?

Or is it that the Lexus owners that are happy and satisfied with their dealership service & experience don't bother to post the good news?

I live in the PHX area now and my closet 2 dealers (Bell and Earnhardt) don't have good reviews. From my early posting, it looks like I'd have to go to Superstition Lex to get good service. Or go to an independent dealer, Tech Automotive that has an excellent reputation.

As someone pointed out in another thread, part of the Lexus ownership experience is getting pampered at the dealer and yes you will pay for that. But I'm always willing to pay for above and beyond service.

My only experience with Bell in Scottsdale is when I went into to check if a missing part could be honored under warranty. Despite a phone call and follow up email by me-nothing, not even the courtesy for a reply. A first for me.

Think its going to be an independent for me.

Machog
Old 09-18-12, 11:10 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Machog
I've been away from Lexus for 5 years, until I sold my BMW and got the IS250C. My previous 2 Lexi were served at Bellevue Lexus in WA and they always did a good job, never any problems in or out of warranty.

It seems from the threads in these forums that Lexus have let their service and reputation go to hell.?

Or is it that the Lexus owners that are happy and satisfied with their dealership service & experience don't bother to post the good news?

I live in the PHX area now and my closet 2 dealers (Bell and Earnhardt) don't have good reviews. From my early posting, it looks like I'd have to go to Superstition Lex to get good service. Or go to an independent dealer, Tech Automotive that has an excellent reputation.

As someone pointed out in another thread, part of the Lexus ownership experience is getting pampered at the dealer and yes you will pay for that. But I'm always willing to pay for above and beyond service.

My only experience with Bell in Scottsdale is when I went into to check if a missing part could be honored under warranty. Despite a phone call and follow up email by me-nothing, not even the courtesy for a reply. A first for me.

Think its going to be an independent for me.

Machog
The bigger the brand becomes the harder it is to offer those services they did over 20 years ago. Not saying it as an excuse, but when people start expecting first class service and freebies left and right, one tiny mishap gets blown out of proportion. It's a two way street between the dealership and the guest, and both sides are to blame
Old 09-18-12, 11:14 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

i have a good relationship with a few service advisors at nearby lexus dealerships, and they do their best to take care of my needs when it comes to my 2is. i've had very little to complain about, and even when there are post-service issues they address them right away to make sure i am happy. granted, i don't ask for anything that's out of the question or unreasonable.

the same can't be said of other 2is owners here who consider themselves overpriviledged and/or falsely entitled just because they drive a lexus. that's when you'll get people complaining about how their service center sucks because they're getting a complimentary rental vs. a loaner or how they're not shown "red carpet treatment" with people bending over backwards just so they can get their windshield wipers replaced... for free.

my advice is, build a good rapport with the service advisors, and if you treat them with the same respect as others would of you, you'd be surprised as to how willing and accomodating people are when you behave in a way that makes you pleasant to work with.

otherwise, find yourself a good independent lexus mechanic.
Old 09-18-12, 11:31 AM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Like you mentioned, it's the fact that you expect Lexus to come through for you most of the time. And most of the time they probably do...it's just that we don't post about those experiences. It's always the bad experiences that always end up on the forums that we all hear/read about.

So far no complaints about my local dealership.
Old 09-18-12, 11:40 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The younger the owner the more they expect in the way of service. Many believe that once they buy the car the maintenance should essentially be free and nothing, ever, should go bad. And if it does Lexus should do everything so they aren't inconvenienced. A car is mechanical contraption with lots of opportunities for things to malfunction. I've had excellent service from the dealers I've taken my vehicles to, but I don't expect them to kiss my butt just for showing up like a ot of owners do.
Old 09-18-12, 01:07 PM
Keppie
Lead Lap

Competion has also caught up. Service departments at German brands have cleaned their act up.
Old 09-18-12, 01:17 PM
PlacidBoi
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have had pretty bad experience with Keyes Lexus, but I have no idea why I even bother driving 25 miles to there to get things done to my car when I live about 8 miles away from Longo Lexus. Jimmy Thach from Longo Lexus and many other Longo Lexus employees are very helpful and friendly, which some are even CL members. When I need something, they are there to get it done for me and whenever something goes wrong, they do more than enough to make sure I am satisfied with the outcome. I am not sure but I believe you just have to know the right people. It's all places, some employees will give you attitutude, while others will treat you like a king!
Old 09-18-12, 01:51 PM
JDKane527
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I make the hour drive to Lexus of Westminster from the SFV.
Pete knows the best for our cars!
Old 09-18-12, 02:26 PM
Shervin350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

idk about you guys but in houston i go to westside lexus, and they always have me leaving with a smile, their parts department sucks but service is number 1, anytime i had a problem they told me bring car in adress the problem, give a loaner and pick my car up when is done, even when i was out of warranty i had a dash melting problem and they took care of it under good will, cant ask for more than that
Old 09-18-12, 03:05 PM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I have been nothing but pleased with my Lexus dealership experiences. They almost always give me a loaner, even for stuff they probably shouldn't. And like projectdna said, it helps to build relationships with the dealership staff (you know, human interactions and all that stuff).
Old 09-18-12, 06:30 PM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I've had mixed experiences with the two dealerships near where I live. They each have their ups and downs.
Old 09-18-12, 07:47 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been going to Lexus of Seattle and I have always had excellent experience. But the other Lexus dealer in the area (cough cough Lexus Of Belle...), has a different story in my book.
Old 09-18-12, 09:14 PM
ddhleigh
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JDKane527
I make the hour drive to Lexus of Westminster from the SFV.
Pete knows the best for our cars!
Is Pete your SA or salesperson? I'm looking for someone that'll sell me a 2012 RX 450h with no bs.

Anyone able to recommend someone in sales? Willing to travel as far down south to the SFV and also down to the Vegas area. You might also notice I'm from Canada. So I'll need someone willing to sell to a Canadian for export.
Old 09-18-12, 10:00 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mileage varies from dealer to dealer when it comes to customer service.I personally have never had an issue with Longo Lexus here n CA. The customer service is beyond excellent - I skip the other 2 dealers close to my home and make the ~35 minute drive to them for services.
Old 09-18-12, 11:42 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

I've had good experiences with the several dealers I've used. The best though has been Longo with Jummy T. He's very accommodating and the dealer is well stocked with loaners.
I agree with projectdna above. You get what you put in. If you are nice, understanding, appreciative, and genuine about things, you usually get treated back the same way.

Quick Reply: Lexus Dealer Reputation Going Downhill?