Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > Lexus Model Forums > LS Models > LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017)
What should I look for with a used LS460?  Common Problems?  (merged threads) >

What should I look for with a used LS460? Common Problems? (merged threads)

Notices
LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

What should I look for with a used LS460? Common Problems? (merged threads)

 
Old 03-17-13, 05:24 PM
  #16  
Luxofreak
Lead Lap
 
Luxofreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: WA
Posts: 774
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

How many miles your car has right now? I have the same year model and I had the wind noise gone with the window replacements, had the two recalls you've mentioned above done, and I have had zero problems since new. My car has 36K miles now.

Last edited by Luxofreak; 03-17-13 at 05:27 PM.
Luxofreak is offline  
Old 03-17-13, 05:42 PM
  #17  
jmcraney
Moderator
 
jmcraney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: TX
Posts: 1,734
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Luxofreak View Post
How many miles your car has right now? I have the same year model and I had the wind noise gone with the window replacements, had the two recalls you've mentioned above done, and I have had zero problems since new. My car has 36K miles now.
I'm all the way up to 35,000 mile.
jmcraney is offline  
Old 03-17-13, 07:37 PM
  #18  
thegov3
Driver
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: KS
Posts: 109
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

My 2009 AWD has had all four struts replaced. All done between 40K and 48K miles....all under warranty. That's all that has failed. Car has 50,750 currently. Bought the car with 45K miles on it. I just did my first oil change myself. Cost me $60 dollars for the filter and Mobil 1 synthetic extended life.
thegov3 is offline  
Old 03-18-13, 03:06 PM
  #19  
mikectm2
Driver School Candidate
 
mikectm2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 26
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jmcraney View Post
My car was recalled to the Valve Spring TSIB. No charge and eventful
What model year LS460s are included in this recall? Is it a current Open Recall still , if so, does anyone know the code number ?

Can i assume that any CPO LS460 i look at has had this done ?
mikectm2 is offline  
Old 03-18-13, 07:14 PM
  #20  
Nospinzone
Moderator
 
Nospinzone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MA
Posts: 3,604
Received 87 Likes on 80 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mikectm2 View Post
What model year LS460s are included in this recall? Is it a current Open Recall still , if so, does anyone know the code number ?

Can i assume that any CPO LS460 i look at has had this done ?
Here you go, more than you would ever want to know!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...placement.html
Nospinzone is offline  
Old 03-18-13, 07:16 PM
  #21  
jmcraney
Moderator
 
jmcraney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: TX
Posts: 1,734
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mikectm2 View Post
What model year LS460s are included in this recall? Is it a current Open Recall still , if so, does anyone know the code number ?

Can i assume that any CPO LS460 i look at has had this done ?
The Valve Spring recall only applied to the '07 and '08 models of the LS460. It is a Safety Recall and never expires.

There is an extensive discussion here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...placement.html
jmcraney is offline  
Old 03-18-13, 07:18 PM
  #22  
Nospinzone
Moderator
 
Nospinzone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MA
Posts: 3,604
Received 87 Likes on 80 Posts
Default

I beat you by 2 minutes!
Nospinzone is offline  
Old 03-24-13, 11:51 AM
  #23  
redb202
Driver
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 139
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking to get a 2007 LS460L.... What should I pay attention to?

My dad used to have an LS430. But he got into an accident and it was considered a total loss. Since we all wanted to stay in the Lexus/Toyota family, he wants to get an LS460L. What common problems should i keep an eye out for when i go look at one. I have heard of some concerns such as Acceleration problems where it feels like it only has half of the power and the valve issue or recall. The one we're looking at is an LS460L, black on black, i think its "fully loaded" because it has the rear seat backs that recline, 4 zone air conditioning, heated and vented rear seats, power rear window shades and radar cruise control. obviously there's a lot more features. the car has 83,000 miles and they're asking $30,000. Is that a good price? should i be concerned about the mileage? Thank you in advance!!!
redb202 is offline  
Old 03-24-13, 12:30 PM
  #24  
nsaldanh
Lead Lap
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: FL
Posts: 447
Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts
Default

Here are a few things that you can do:

1. Get the VIN #, go to Lexus.com and add that to your account. If you don't have an account you will need to create one.

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/home

2. Make sure that they have done the TSIBs for wind noise and the valve spring recall. Since this the LWB this car came standard with Lamisafe glass on all four doors - so maybe wind noise wasn't an issue.
3. Many 2007 and 2008 cars had issues with the brake actuator.
4. There was also a TSIB for the fuel rails on the 2007 LS.
5. Check if the car had all it's maintenance done. The records will show all maintenance if it was done at a Lexus dealer. If elsewhere then you won't see records for each service.
6. Look through some of the threads from 2007 and 2008 and you will find plenty of information here.
7. and.... Use the search function

Fully loaded LWBs are rather rare. Good luck!

Last edited by nsaldanh; 03-24-13 at 12:36 PM.
nsaldanh is offline  
Old 08-05-13, 07:33 AM
  #25  
Lexusxoxo
Pole Position
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 269
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On the lot for over 30 days?

How much under what they are asking should I offer???
Car has a great carfax. Very nice cond. Fully loaded.
It's been on the lot for 32 days.. Oh by the way it's a CPO.
Lexusxoxo is offline  
Old 08-05-13, 09:00 AM
  #26  
Silverpaws
Lead Lap
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 435
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

What is year model, mileage, options, and dealer asking price?
Silverpaws is offline  
Old 08-05-13, 09:19 AM
  #27  
Tee
Moderator
 
Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,756
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Lexusxoxo View Post
How much under what they are asking should I offer???
Car has a great carfax. Very nice cond. Fully loaded.
It's been on the lot for 32 days.. Oh by the way it's a CPO.
Well this how I see it from buying from Lexus dealers, they don't get nervous about a cars time on the lot until it get close to 90 days or over, if it does you can get a really good deal having the car attendance record. Also you need to go deeper in your investigation than CarFax, you should do get an AutoCheck report, next register on Lexus Drivers website plug in the VIN# of the car and have a look at the entire service history (Only if serviced at a Lexus dealer) then compare between all three for gaps in any history. When looking at the service records on Lexus site and you see a line item that does not go in detail the service rep at the dealer can expand that item to see what was done. I don't know what year or how many miles it has but by it being a CPO make sure the main items have been replaced or done (07-08)

-Fuel rails recall
-Valve Spring recall
-All front control arms replaced with new design
-Glove box Rattle Noise (Should not be a gap)
-B-Pillar Lower Garnish wear (replace with new design)
-Brake Acuters Click noise (Brakes operate as design but they are lil noisy)

Back to price I know the dealer is adding the cost they put in to reconditioning the car (CPO) back into the price of the car, check NADA for what the Clean Retail value is based on mileage, options and condition to see if it is inline.
Tee is offline  
Old 08-05-13, 10:38 AM
  #28  
Lexusxoxo
Pole Position
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 269
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Tee View Post
Well this how I see it from buying from Lexus dealers, they don't get nervous about a cars time on the lot until it get close to 90 days or over, if it does you can get a really good deal having the car attendance record. Also you need to go deeper in your investigation than CarFax, you should do get an AutoCheck report, next register on Lexus Drivers website plug in the VIN# of the car and have a look at the entire service history (Only if serviced at a Lexus dealer) then compare between all three for gaps in any history. When looking at the service records on Lexus site and you see a line item that does not go in detail the service rep at the dealer can expand that item to see what was done. I don't know what year or how many miles it has but by it being a CPO make sure the main items have been replaced or done (07-08)

-Fuel rails recall
-Valve Spring recall
-All front control arms replaced with new design
-Glove box Rattle Noise (Should not be a gap)
-B-Pillar Lower Garnish wear (replace with new design)
-Brake Acuters Click noise (Brakes operate as design but they are lil noisy)

Back to price I know the dealer is adding the cost they put in to reconditioning the car (CPO) back into the price of the car, check NADA for what the Clean Retail value is based on mileage, options and condition to see if it is inline.
That website was very helpful. Thank you!
Lexusxoxo is offline  
Old 07-06-15, 07:34 AM
  #29  
GaborL
Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: VA
Posts: 79
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New LS460 owner here. Common known issues? Preventative care?

Hey CL,
I just bought a 2009 LS460 with abt 130K mi on it. It's an AWD, with air ride, and convenience package. New to the 460 fam, but not the Lexus game. I've had 2 430s, one of them was UL, so I'm a little worried about he air ride on this one.
Any known issues with the factory air on the 460s?
Also, engine wise, I was pretty involved in all my cars' maintenance, and am mechanically proefficient. Just wondering if there are any common issues people run into with these 460s
Not urgent, but if you could post some stuff I'd appreciate it.
Thanks
GaborL is offline  
Old 07-06-15, 07:56 AM
  #30  
swfla
Lead Lap
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 723
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default

Lots of info in the sticky notes at the top of the LS forum. First place you should look. Then use the search feature if you have the urge to learn more. Congrats on the LS.
swfla is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What should I look for with a used LS460? Common Problems? (merged threads)


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: