Notices
LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

corner light bulb swap

 
Old 03-02-17, 07:39 AM
  #256  
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver
 
CRowe14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: IN
Posts: 1,501
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by PMD008 View Post
Found your post on this today. I had some difficulty with the driversl side (passenger in US and mainland Europe) but your first explanation was excellent. I could have benefitted with GI Joe sized hands however! I put in LED's with a focused forward beam and 10 around the sides, Looks great in the dark, thanks again.
WHat could have helped was the long-stemmed small barrel screw driver... But im glad you got it done. Boom is the man!
CRowe14 is offline  
Old 05-26-17, 10:49 PM
  #257  
Streetcar1
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: La
Posts: 29
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Read the thread has anyone been able to find a 4300k match or a really all white led with no blue tint ?
Streetcar1 is offline  
Old 06-21-17, 10:02 PM
  #258  
PeteGS300
Driver
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 117
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Hi All,

Just wondering if someone can confirm these bulbs will fit in the Parking light location :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-2pz-PAIR...RSQDaW1ciGZbuA

Thanks

Pete
PeteGS300 is offline  
Old 06-25-17, 12:00 PM
  #259  
DavidinCT
Lexus Test Driver
 
DavidinCT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Someplace in CT
Posts: 1,174
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Default

This thread is going nuts with LED lighting all over, I picked up 2 sets from deal express for the "Nike lights" as I have one that is out (factory I think). One set to install, one set to go on the shelf incase one goes..

So, what is good replacement LED for the FOG lights. They have a yellowish tint to the lights and like a LED white look. of course with out needing a anything more than a bulb.
DavidinCT is offline  
Old 07-07-17, 10:01 PM
  #260  
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion
Thread Starter
 
Shibumi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Orlando STRONG!!
Posts: 1,798
Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Default

re-read this thread for a bit of an update. opened my 1st set of 07 La headlights w/o washers by the way (something i said I'd NEVER do again) but such is the mod life.. as I'm playing a few ideas I figured I could share some more info.. at present I have a set of h1 led kit (or h11 I can never remember) wired as "nike drl" but on my oem lights w/washers.. the nike is broken by the washer an looks terrible to me hence the mod. (on a new to me set w/o washers) to answer the depth question for those not willing to crack open the light housing.. a narrow bulb with 2" or less depth.. Will fit just fine it's only a matter of getting a proper seal.. (i use 100% clear silicone rubber sealant) allow 24 b4 exposure to moisture.. here are some pics of my current project.. the only bulb I had on hand was the oem hid bulb.
Attached Thumbnails corner light bulb swap-20170708_004046.jpg   corner light bulb swap-20170708_004115.jpg   corner light bulb swap-20170708_004137.jpg   corner light bulb swap-20170708_004143.jpg   corner light bulb swap-20170708_004219.jpg  

corner light bulb swap-20170708_004239.jpg  
Shibumi1 is offline  
Old 07-07-17, 10:03 PM
  #261  
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion
Thread Starter
 
Shibumi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Orlando STRONG!!
Posts: 1,798
Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
This thread is going nuts with LED lighting all over, I picked up 2 sets from deal express for the "Nike lights" as I have one that is out (factory I think). One set to install, one set to go on the shelf incase one goes..

So, what is good replacement LED for the FOG lights. They have a yellowish tint to the lights and like a LED white look. of course with out needing a anything more than a bulb.

if i remember it's a 9006 bulb.. any led will fit.. just find a color your happy with..
Shibumi1 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
DavidinCT (07-08-17)
Old 07-10-17, 08:14 AM
  #262  
DavidinCT
Lexus Test Driver
 
DavidinCT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Someplace in CT
Posts: 1,174
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Shibumi1 View Post
if i remember it's a 9006 bulb.. any led will fit.. just find a color your happy with..
Would these work ? They look like the perfect color (pure white is what I want and get rid of that ugly yellow on the fog lights)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1pair-6500K-...RXfb4n&vxp=mtr

Seems reasonable as well.
DavidinCT is offline  
Old 07-10-17, 06:42 PM
  #263  
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion
Thread Starter
 
Shibumi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Orlando STRONG!!
Posts: 1,798
Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
Would these work ? They look like the perfect color (pure white is what I want and get rid of that ugly yellow on the fog lights)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1pair-6500K-...RXfb4n&vxp=mtr

Seems reasonable as well.

they should work just fine!!!
Shibumi1 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
DavidinCT (07-11-17)
Old 07-26-17, 12:08 PM
  #264  
DavidinCT
Lexus Test Driver
 
DavidinCT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Someplace in CT
Posts: 1,174
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Default

Dam, I don't know how you guys do it, I tried to swap the Nike lights and after an hour I got the grill off but, getting in there, I could not even get my hands in there.

Anyone in CT want to do these for me ? I'll pay you for it...even more if you can pop in the remote starter for me too..
DavidinCT is offline  
Old 07-26-17, 12:18 PM
  #265  
JLAWS
Lexus Test Driver
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,315
Received 101 Likes on 85 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
Dam, I don't know how you guys do it, I tried to swap the Nike lights and after an hour I got the grill off but, getting in there, I could not even get my hands in there.

Anyone in CT want to do these for me ? I'll pay you for it...even more if you can pop in the remote starter for me too..

It is a pain. There are 2 wiring harness in the way mounted on a metal tab. You have to disconnect the harness and bend the metal tab out of the way. It is a challenge if you have large hands. I hope you have extra bulbs because I lost a few doing this mod.
JLAWS is offline  
Old 07-26-17, 12:22 PM
  #266  
DavidinCT
Lexus Test Driver
 
DavidinCT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Someplace in CT
Posts: 1,174
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by JLAWS View Post
It is a pain. There are 2 wiring harness in the way mounted on a metal tab. You have to disconnect the harness and bend the metal tab out of the way. It is a challenge if you have large hands. I hope you have extra bulbs because I lost a few doing this mod.
Thanks but, I am going to have to bring it someplace.. After about 3 hours trying to replace one bulb, disconnecting them and could not even get my hands in there. It's be a lot easier to pay someone $40 to do the swap. Sigh...
DavidinCT is offline  
Old 07-28-17, 07:12 AM
  #267  
Bob727
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Florida
Posts: 19
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Shibumi1 View Post
np anytime.. i was really busy this weekend.. i'll try to post some pics this week..
Awesome. Thanks.
Bob727 is offline  
Old 12-17-17, 12:07 PM
  #268  
drew05
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 21
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Thx for the write up.
drew05 is offline  
Old 03-26-18, 05:00 PM
  #269  
Bigjule111
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: NJ
Posts: 24
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default

Bumping a old thresd... So recapping . I have to unplug both light harnesses then bend the metal bracket that they sit on? Is this correct? And if this correct what's the best method of unplugging these 2 light harnesses? Thanks
Bigjule111 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: corner light bulb swap


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: