LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS460 at Invoice?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-08, 05:00 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dimapb
Wow!!! 75k OTD, I'm assuming on a 83.4k car, I think is a pretty good deal.
I picked up my second LS 2 months ago and the most I was able to get was 10.5% off MSRP. Keep in mind, I wanted a Black/Black, which is very hard to come by in my area as all of them are purchased by Russians (like my self) In NY . Black/Black must be a Russian thing .

Anyway, Good Luck with your purchase!
no, for that car with the touring, MSRP will be at $81,340

ok, no dealer will go any lower than invoice, so the best deal on this car we are eyeing will be (sorry, not going to mention dealer nor specifics so people don't steal our car )

basically 14.52% off MSRP or $11,124 off MSRP

we will measure to see if it fits in the garage, then we are sure this is the car
Old 09-09-08, 05:38 PM
terrain
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Be sure to post when you close the deal... 81,340 - so that's MR and Touring only - that's pretty common with the ones that I have seen - all MSRP'ing in the 81's. Did you figure what invoice is on that? -- 70'ish - Hope you are able to hit your 75K OTD!

I saw a few posts where folks said they got 12K off MSRP but that was back in June... I would think there would be even better pricing now due to 09's and no special financing.
Old 09-09-08, 05:39 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i am excited to know how it works out too!
Old 09-10-08, 04:33 AM
syswei
Pole Position

Hi guys,

When you're shopping for the absolute best deal, what is the best way to contact a dealer? Email? Phone? Do you ask for the "internet sales manager" or "fleet manager" or just any salesperson or what?
Old 09-10-08, 11:04 AM
ufoundme1
Driver School Candidate

I recommend talking to a fleet Manager 1st. & Sales Manager 2nd, and see if they have the vehicle with the right equipment and make them an offer off MSRP!

Originally Posted by syswei
Hi guys,

When you're shopping for the absolute best deal, what is the best way to contact a dealer? Email? Phone? Do you ask for the "internet sales manager" or "fleet manager" or just any salesperson or what?
Old 09-10-08, 03:56 PM
terrain
Pole Position

Whilkey - Were you able to do the deal?

Last edited by terrain; 09-11-08 at 09:39 PM.
Old 09-13-08, 03:26 PM
sellshomes
Pit Crew

Just bought a black on black LS460L yesterday, and took delivery today.
MSRP $88,235.00
Bought at $76,438.00

If they have the car you want, do your due diligence and make them an offer.
Old 09-13-08, 07:49 PM
terrain
Pole Position

Nice - 11.7 off MSRP - What was invoice on your car?

Why did you buy on Friday and not pick up until Saturday -just curious...

Originally Posted by sellshomes
Just bought a black on black LS460L yesterday, and took delivery today.
MSRP $88,235.00
Bought at $76,438.00

If they have the car you want, do your due diligence and make them an offer.
Old 09-13-08, 10:13 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

wow, very nice. 88k car, i say 76k is about the invoice already!
Old 09-15-08, 07:58 AM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi guys,

syswei,

Just curious. Didn't you purchase the S550 a while back because the LS460 did not have the WWD available? If so, how do you like it?
Old 09-15-08, 09:42 AM
terrain
Pole Position

Default Several Thousand Under Invoice -

I have been quoted over the phone - several thousand under invoice on 460 and L. Obviously I won't know for sure until I'm ready to pull the trigger - but it seems that a few K under is do-able on a one year old 460 or L. Would be nice to see if anyone has been able to purchase for under Invoice - as Invoice seems to be a GIVEN at this point.

Originally Posted by rominl
wow, very nice. 88k car, i say 76k is about the invoice already!
Old 09-15-08, 10:57 AM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

^^ several thousands UNDER invoice?

which dealer? so far, no one is willing to let it go for under invoice, I still have to wait about 2 weeks before making the purchase, dad's bday is still 1 month away!
Old 09-15-08, 11:28 AM
syswei
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PatsSoxfan
syswei,

Just curious. Didn't you purchase the S550 a while back because the LS460 did not have the WWD available? If so, how do you like it?
Yes, I bought an S in July. I was getting impatient waiting on an LS awd...at the time, MB was offering good yearend deals on the S, while with the LS, it wasn't clear when during MY09 awd would appear, and whether AVS would be available with it. (When I test drove the LS, I really didn't like the standard suspension.)

Anyway, I like the S alot. Any car has upsides and downsides. What I don't like are the engine noise and the mediocre sound system. Oh, and brake dust is a minor issue, and mpg ain't great. But everything else is fine. My favorite feature is the optional Distronic Plus...even if the cruise control is not engaged, the car will brake at up to 40% of max braking power, if a crash is imminent. Lexus has nothing with that functionality, when the cruise isn't engaged.

I am still monitoring this forum because I am going to replace our 2000 LX in Dec. Right now my wife thinks she wants a 7-8 passenger vehicle...which would be an LX570. But I am letting her drive the S now (while I drive the LX470)...if she decides she can get by with that, we'll get an LS awd instead, which I would drive. So, we'll be getting either an LX or LS in Dec, hence my interest in a Lexus buying strategy.
Old 09-15-08, 11:32 AM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Yes, I bought an S in July. I was getting impatient waiting on an LS awd...at the time, MB was offering good yearend deals on the S, while with the LS, it wasn't clear when during MY09 awd would appear, and whether AVS would be available with it. (When I test drove the LS, I really didn't like the standard suspension.)

Anyway, I like the S alot. Any car has upsides and downsides. What I don't like are the engine noise and the mediocre sound system. Oh, and brake dust is a minor issue, and mpg ain't great. But everything else is fine. My favorite feature is the optional Distronic Plus...even if the cruise control is not engaged, the car will brake at up to 40% of max braking power, if a crash is imminent. Lexus has nothing with that functionality, when the cruise isn't engaged.

I am still monitoring this forum because I am going to replace our 2000 LX in Dec. Right now my wife thinks she wants a 7-8 passenger vehicle...which would be an LX570. But I am letting her drive the S now (while I drive the LX470)...if she decides she can get by with that, we'll get an LS awd instead, which I would drive. So, we'll be getting either an LX or LS in Dec, hence my interest in a Lexus buying strategy.
sure does, it's called the laser guided cruise control and pre collision system
Old 09-15-08, 11:41 AM
syswei
Pole Position

Originally Posted by whlkev
sure does, it's called the laser guided cruise control and pre collision system
And do these apply the brakes when cruise control is not even engaged? I don't think so, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Quick Reply: LS460 at Invoice?