Search this Thread

Old 06-08-17, 08:22 AM
LatinLS430
Instructor

Received 89 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Getting a second car- 04 LS430

So I've been searching for a LS430 and I found one that I really like:
http://www.scottsdaleautosonline.com...Lexus-LS%20430

What do you guys think? The CarFax doesn't show any maintenance records on it. It is a California car so I'm not worried about rust.
https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistor...BN36F040169060

This would be a second car for me as I have a 2013 GS.
Old 06-08-17, 09:40 AM
caverman
Instructor

Received 181 Likes on 113 Posts

Don't worry about carfax service history as much as Lexus service history. Put the VIN number in here and see what it tells you.
https://secure.drivers.lexus.com

With that low of miles I'm sure the timing belt hasn't been done yet. Even though the mileage isn't there to do the timing belt, the age is. I would price that out in your area and figure some of that into what you're willing to pay.

IMO, that price is pretty high but it does look super clean from the pictures. I'm sure they are asking that high for the low mileage but I would think you could get it for $12 - $12.5 range. Cypress Pearl is one of the lesser desired colors so it will be harder to get it moved off the lot. It isn't my favorite color either but it's not bad. Most of the time I'm okay with the color but every now in really bright light it's too green for me. Still if it's a good car with documented maintenance for the right price don't worry about the color because ultimately they all look good.

Oh...and tint the windows. Makes the color combo look a lot better.
The following users liked this post:
jherr (10-06-18)
Old 06-08-17, 09:57 AM
LatinLS430
Instructor

Originally Posted by caverman
Don't worry about carfax service history as much as Lexus service history. Put the VIN number in here and see what it tells you.
https://secure.drivers.lexus.com

With that low of miles I'm sure the timing belt hasn't been done yet. Even though the mileage isn't there to do the timing belt, the age is. I would price that out in your area and figure some of that into what you're willing to pay.

IMO, that price is pretty high but it does look super clean from the pictures. I'm sure they are asking that high for the low mileage but I would think you could get it for $12 - $12.5 range. Cypress Pearl is one of the lesser desired colors so it will be harder to get it moved off the lot. It isn't my favorite color either but it's not bad. Most of the time I'm okay with the color but every now in really bright light it's too green for me. Still if it's a good car with documented maintenance for the right price don't worry about the color because ultimately they all look good.

Oh...and tint the windows. Makes the color combo look a lot better.
Thanks for your input. I have an account with Driver Lexus but I can't figure out how to add another VIN haha. It just shows the service history of my 2013 GS.

Yeah I don't think the t-belt has been done. That's about a 1k job at Lexus no?
I like this color but my number one color choice would had been white or that purple color that I've seen. It would definitely get tint ASAP. Tint is really needed in AZ summer's.

EDIT: I figured out how to add another vehicle haha.

Here's what Lexus shows:Service History

SERVICE HISTORY FOR: LS
VIN: JTHBN36F040169060

Filter History by Year

72747 miles

DATE: 08/13/2016

Repair# 0128752
reported by: Lexus Escondido

Service: AC DUST FILTER
description: AC DUST FILTER ~|~RECOMMEND REPLACEMENT OF THE CABIN AIR FILTER -=-= ~|~FILTER DIRTY -=-= ~|~TECH REPLACED THE CABIN AIR FILTER

Service: BRAKE FLUID
description: BRAKE FLUID ~|~RECOMMEND BRAKE FLUID EXCHANGE SERVICE =-=-= ~|~FLUID DARK AND DUE FOR REPLACEMENT -=-=- ~|~PERFORMED A BRAKE FLUID EXCHANGE SERVICE

Service: FRONT/REAR BODY
description: FRONT/REAR BODY ~|~SIDE VIEW MIRRORS INTERMITTENTLY DO NOT WORK WITH SWITCH. PLEASE CHECK AND ADVISE. ~|~VERIFIED SWITCH ASSEMBLY INOP AT TIMES DO TO POOR CONTACT REC. TO REPLACE SWITCH ~|~REPLACED MIRROR SWITCH ASSEMBLY AND VERIFIED PROPER OPERATION UNITED AUTO CARE CLAIM #01036794. 12 MONTHS UNLIMITED MILE PARTS AND LABOR WARRANTY CALL 1-800-316-9083, FAX 877-202-2370FRONT/REAR BODY ~|~TRUNK SUPPORTS ARE WEAK, NOT HOLDING TRUNK UP ~|~-=-=-= MECHANICAL FAILURE OF THE TRUNK SUPPORTS ~|~REPLACED TRUNK SUPPORTS AND VERIFIED PROPER OPERATION UNITED AUTO CARE CLAIM #01036794. 12 MONTHS UNLIMITED MILE PARTS AND LABOR WARRANTY CALL 1-800-316-9083, FAX 877-202-2370

Service: HOOD SUPPORT ASEMBLY 1-SIDE
description: HOOD SUPPORT ASEMBLY 1-SIDE ~|~HOOD SUPPORTS ARE WEAK. DOES NOT HOLD UP THE HOOD ~|~HOOD SUPPORTS INTERNAL MECHANICAL FAILURE ~|~REPLACED HOOD SUPPORTS AND VERIFIED PROPER OPERATION UNITED AUTO CARE CLAIM #01036794. 12 MONTHS UNLIMITED MILE PARTS AND LABOR WARRANTY CALL 1-800-316-9083, FAX 877-202-2370

Service: MISC
description: MISC ~|~CUSTOMER STATE VEHICLE DID NOT START. HAD AAA COME OUT TO CHARGE BATTERY TO MAKE IT INTO DEALERSHIP. PLEASE CHECK AND ADVISE. ~|~CHECKED BATTERY MULTIPLE TIMES. TESTED AND PASSED EVERY TIME-CHECKED CHARGING, CHARGING AT 13.8 VOLTS-NO DRAW AT THIS TIME ~|~PERFORMED BATTERY AND CHARGING SYSTEM TESTING. BATTERY PASSED TESTED GOOD EVERY TIME. DID FIND SHORT IN THE DRIVERS DOOR LOCK AND THE SIDE VIEW MIRROR SWITCH WHICH MAY HAVE BEEN DRAWING POWER FROM THE BATTERY AND CAUSING IT TO DRAIN.MISC ~|~DRIVER DOOR DOES NOT LOCK AND UNLOCK WITH CLICKER. MUST BE MANUALLY LOCKED AND UNLOCKED TO OPEN DRIVER'S SIDE DOOR. ~|~VERIFIED DRIVERS DOOR LOCK ACTUATOR INOP ~|~REPLACED DRIVERS DOOR LOCK ASSEMBLY AND VERIFIED PROPER OPERATION UNITED AUTO CARE CLAIM #01036794. 12 MONTHS UNLIMITED MILE PARTS AND LABOR WARRANTY CALL 1-800-316-9083, FAX 877-202-2370

Service: NON WARRANTABLE OPERATION CODE
description: NON WARRANTABLE OPERATION CODE ~|~RECOMMEND REPLACEMENT OF THE ENGINE AIR FILTER ~|~FILTER DIRTY =-= ~|~TECH REPLACED THE ENGINE AIR FILTER

Service: R.AXLE ASSY/TRNS DIF CAR BRK BACKING PLATES,ETC
description: R.AXLE ASSY/TRNS DIF CAR BRK BACKING PLATES,ETC ~|~RECOMMEND RIGHT REAR SHOCK MOUNT. -=-= ~|~RIGHT REAR SHOCK MOUNT HAS PLAY AT THE BEARING. NOISE WHEN GOING OVER BUMPS -=-= ~|~TECH REPLACED THE RIGHT REAR SHOCK MOUNT. NO ADDITIONAL LABOR CHARGED FOR GUEST SATISFACTION

Service: REAR SHOCK ABSORBER
description: REAR SHOCK ABSORBER ~|~RIGHT REAR SHOCK IS LEAKING FLUID. ~|~RIGHT REAR SHOCK LEAKING ' BOOT INSULATORS TORN. -=-=- ~|~REPLACED RIGHT REAR STRUT AND INSULATORS UNITED AUTO CARE CLAIM #01036794. 12 MONTHS UNLIMITED MILE PARTS AND LABOR WARRANTY CALL 1-800-316-9083, FAX 877-202-2370

Service: RED BRAKE FLUID
description: RED BRAKE FLUID ~|~ ~|~,CUSTOMER DECLINED SERVICE

Service: RED ENGN AIR CLEANER
description: RED ENGN AIR CLEANER ~|~ ~|~,CUSTOMER DECLINED SERVICE

Service: RED POLLEN FILTER
description: RED POLLEN FILTER ~|~ ~|~,CUSTOMER DECLINED SERVICE

Service: WHEEL ALIGNMENT
description: WHEEL ALIGNMENT ~|~RECOMMEND 4 WHEEL ALIGNMENT. VERIFY STEERING WHEEL IS CENTERED DURING TEST DRIVE. -=-=- ~|~DUE TO SUSPENSION REPAIRS AND FOR TIRE PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE -=-= ~|~PERFORMED A 4 WHEEL ALIGNMENT CUSTOMER PROVIDED AN ALIGNMENT REPORT

52865 miles

DATE: 02/27/2015

Repair# 0089615
reported by: Lexus Escondido

Service: WINDSHIELD WIPER/WASHER
description: WINDSHIELD WIPER/WASHER ~|~GUEST REQUEST REPLACE WIPER REFILLS ~|~VEHICLE HAS AFTERMARKET WIPER BLADES, LEXUS REFILLS WILL NOT FIT ~|~REPLACED DRIVER'S SIDE WIPER BLADE, ORDERED PASSENGER SIDE WILL CONTACT GUEST WHEN NEW PART ARRIVES

24829 miles

DATE: 11/24/2008

Repair# 0357386
reported by: Lexus San Diego

Service: OTHER INSPECTION
description: OTHER INSPECTION ~|~CLIENT REQUESTS INSTALL NEW UPDATED NAVI DISC ~|~ ~|~RR DISC

20070 miles

DATE: 04/18/2008

Repair# 0334759

Service: 20000 MILE SERVICE NON WARRANTY-NON OEM
description: 20000 MILE SERVICE NON WARRANTY-NON OEM ~|~LEXUS KEARNY MESA RECOMMENDED 20000 MILE SERVICE REPLACE ENGINE OIL & FILTER REPLACE AIR CONDITIONER FILTER INSPECT ENGINE AIR FILTER INSPECT ALL FLUID LEVELS INSPECT STEERING LINKAGE AND BOOTS INSPECT BALL JOINTS AND DUST COVERS INSPECT & ADJUST TIRE PRE ~|~CONDITION OF BRAKES-LIFE REMAINING (F)6MM (R)7MM ~|~CONDITION OF TIRES (F&R)2MM REC.4 TIRES REPLACEMENTS DUE TO WEAR OUT. REC.ALIGNMENT AFTER TIRES REPLACEMENTS.

Service: ACCESSORY
description: ACCESSORY ~|~CUSTOMER STATES CK TELESCOPIC STEERING WHEEL FOR ABNORMAL NOISE WHEN MOVING ~|~TELESCOPIC STEERING ASSY.,ABNORMAL NOISE. ~|~R&R TELESCOPIC STEERING ASSY.,COMPONENTS AS NECESSARY TO READJUST THE SPRING PRELOAD AND LUBED COMPONENTS.(2.7)

19129 miles

DATE: 02/06/2008

Repair# 0326636

Service: FRONT/REAR BODY
description: FRONT/REAR BODY ~|~LEFT SIDE MIRROR DOES NOT OPEN AND CLOSE ~|~MIRROR HAS AN INTEMITENT INTERNAL OPEN CIRCUIT ~|~REPLACED DRIVERS SIDE MIRROR

Service: OTHER
description: OTHER ~|~CLICKING NOISE FROM RIGHT HAND SIDE OF CENTER OF DASH WHEN THE VENTS ARE MOVING ~|~VENT MOTORS ARE BINDING UP ~|~REPLACED MOTORS AND CENTER VENTS

14992 miles

DATE: 08/10/2006

Repair# 0268195

Service: CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED 1ST OIL CHANGE
description: CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED 1ST OIL CHANGE ~|~FIRST LOF ~|~ ~|~PERFORMED LOF SERVICE

12511 miles

DATE: 01/05/2006

Repair# 0246184

Service: LOANER VEHICLE
description: LOANER VEHICLE ~|~ALTERNATE TRANSPORTATION IS PROVIDED FOR YOU BY LEXUS OF KEARNY MESA AND MAY NOT BE A LEXUS. RETURN CAR WITHIN 24 HOURS OR WHEN NOTIFIED YOUR CAR IS READY. ALL LATE RETURNS WILL BE CHARGED A $79.00 FEE. A $15.00 FLAT FEE WILL BE CHARGED FOR MAINTENANCE AN

10522 miles

DATE: 06/27/2005

Repair# 0228427

Service: 10000 MILE SERVICE NON WARRANTY-NON OEM
description: 10000 MILE SERVICE NON WARRANTY-NON OEM ~|~CUSTOMER REQUESTS 10000 MILE SERVICE ~|~SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE DUE TO TIME OR MILEAGE ~|~PERFORMED 10K SERVICE, BRAKES AT 8MM F&R, TIRES ALL AT 7/32 TREAD, LABOR 1.4HRS

Service: LOANER VEHICLE - RENTAL CAR
description: LOANER VEHICLE - RENTAL CAR ~|~ALTERNATE TRANSPORTATION IS PROVIDED FOR YOU AT NO CHARGE BY LEXUS KEARNY MESA AND MAY NOT BE A LEXUS VEHICLE. RETURN CAR WITHIN 24 HOURS OR WHEN NOTIFIED YOUR CAR IS READY. ALL LATE RETURNS WILL BE CHARGED A $79.00 FEE. A $10.00 FLAT FEE WILL BE CHARGE F ~|~ ~|~LOANER

5274 miles

DATE: 01/31/2005

Repair# 0213711

Service: ALTERNATE TRANSPORTATION IS PROVIDED FOR YOU AT NO CHARGE BYLEXUS OF KEARNY MESA
description: ALTERNATE TRANSPORTATION IS PROVIDED FOR YOU AT NO CHARGE BYLEXUS OF KEARNY MESA ~|~ALTERNATE TRANSPORTATION IS PROVIDED FOR YOU AT NO CHARGE BYLEXUS OF KEARNY MESA AND MAY NOTBE A LEXUS. RETURN CAR WITHIN 24 HOURS OR WHEN NOTIFIED YOUR CAR IS READY. ALL LATE RETURNS WILL BE CHARGED A $79.00 FEE. A $10.00 FLAT FEE WILL BE CHARGED FOR MAI ~|~ ~|~5274

Service: RX300 5000 MI.SERVICE 1999- REPLACE ENGINE OIL & OIL FILTER ROTATE TIRES INSPECT
description: RX300 5000 MI.SERVICE 1999- REPLACE ENGINE OIL & OIL FILTER ROTATE TIRES INSPECT ~|~RX300 5000 MI.SERVICE 1999- REPLACE ENGINE OIL & OIL FILTER ROTATE TIRES INSPECT THE FOLLOWING: ENGINE AIR FILTER, BRAKE LININGSSTEERING LINKAGES, BALL JOINTS &DUST COVERS, BODY/CHASSIS NUTS &BOLTS, DRIVE SHAFT BOOTS (RE- TORQUE FLANGE BOLTS, ROAD TEST. ~|~5K

1406 miles

DATE: 09/29/2004

Repair# 0202412

Service: 30 DAY / 1000 MILE SERVICE-ALL INSPECT CHASSIS NUTS AND BOLTS INSPECT BRAKE LINI
description: 30 DAY / 1000 MILE SERVICE-ALL INSPECT CHASSIS NUTS AND BOLTS INSPECT BRAKE LINI ~|~30 DAY / 1000 MILE SERVICE-ALL INSPECT CHASSIS NUTS AND BOLTS INSPECT BRAKE LININGS & SYSTEM INSPECT STEERING LINKAGE & GEAR INSPECT TRANSMISSION COURTESY CAR WASH ~|~1K ~|~1406 1K

20 miles

DATE: 07/20/2004

Repair# 0195296

Service:
description: PRE DELIVERY INSPECTION ADD ESN FOR LEXUS LINK IF APPLIC#--____________________ _ ~|~PRE DELIVERY INSPECTION ADD ESN FOR LEXUS LINK IF APPLIC#--____________________ ____-- COMPLETE INSPECTION SHEET-- ~|~PDI ~|~20 PDI 2.0 PERFORMED PDIPRE DELIVERY INSPECTION ADD ESN FOR LEXUS LINK IF APPLIC#--_______________

Last edited by LatinLS430; 06-08-17 at 10:03 AM.
Old 06-08-17, 10:45 AM
caverman
Instructor

I would factor in a Timing Belt replacement cost. If I were buying it I would look at having that done really soon if not immediately. If the seller says it doesn't have to be done until 90k let them know age is a factor just as well as mileage. Talk to independent Lexus mechanic and see if they don't agree and what the price is to do the work.

Other than that I would have the power steering fluid and rear end fluid serviced. Those wouldn't have to be done right away but I would budget it for near future, maybe $200 - $300 if you don't DIY. It also doesn't show any brake pad replacement so that's a possible future job. I did my own on my '04 for about $200 in parts, just the pads all around and not rotors.

None of that would stop me from getting the car. That's all normal maintenance. I would just use it as a bargaining point to reduce the price. Unless you're willing to pay that price knowing the future maintenance costs it's one of those where you might have to offer $11k - $12k and walk away. Tell them to call you when they are ready to sell. I bet they'll call you back and work something out. If it had the timing belt done with the normal 100k - 120k miles for that year it would probably only be worth about $11k - $12.5k but you do have allow some money for the lower mileage and what looks like an extra clean car from the pictures.

Get all that stuff done and that car should be golden for a long time. That's assuming you've verified now accidents that caused structural damage.

Keep us posted on how it goes.
LatinLS430 (06-08-17)
Old 06-08-17, 10:55 AM
LatinLS430
Instructor

I would factor in a Timing Belt replacement cost. If I were buying it I would look at having that done really soon if not immediately. If the seller says it doesn't have to be done until 90k let them know age is a factor just as well as mileage. Talk to independent Lexus mechanic and see if they don't agree and what the price is to do the work.

Other than that I would have the power steering fluid and rear end fluid serviced. Those wouldn't have to be done right away but I would budget it for near future, maybe $200 - $300 if you don't DIY. It also doesn't show any brake pad replacement so that's a possible future job. I did my own on my '04 for about $200 in parts, just the pads all around and not rotors.

None of that would stop me from getting the car. That's all normal maintenance. I would just use it as a bargaining point to reduce the price. Unless you're willing to pay that price knowing the future maintenance costs it's one of those where you might have to offer $11k - $12k and walk away. Tell them to call you when they are ready to sell. I bet they'll call you back and work something out. If it had the timing belt done with the normal 100k - 120k miles for that year it would probably only be worth about $11k - $12.5k but you do have allow some money for the lower mileage and what looks like an extra clean car from the pictures.

Get all that stuff done and that car should be golden for a long time. That's assuming you've verified now accidents that caused structural damage.

Keep us posted on how it goes.
Thanks gain for your input. I'm tomorrow to check it out and see if we can work out a deal. I'm aiming for a $12k price. I know this car has been in their lot for some time because I've seen it on Craig's and other websites for some weeks now if not months.
I'm a DIY guy and feel comfortable doing brakes and oil changes. I just don't want to do a t-belt job.
I sure will keep you guys posted.
Old 06-08-17, 01:24 PM
LatinLS430
Instructor

I found this silver 2004 LS that seem to have been a AZ car all it's life:
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/ctd/6125998011.html

The service history shows that it has the water pump and t-belt replaced at 73k miles in 2014. It also looks like a local Lexus dealer is recommending another water pump change and some other stuff.
VIN: JTHBN36F440161334
Filter History By Year

76736 MILES

DATE: 01/26/2017
REPAIR# 0429157REPORTED BY: Bell Lexus North Scottsdale
SERVICE: 10000 MILE SERVICE NON WARRANTY-NON OEMDESCRIPTION: 10000 MILE SERVICE NON WARRANTY-NON OEM ~ ~--PERFORM 10,000 MILE SERVICE-- REPLACE ENGINE OIL/FILTER, INSTALL NEW DRAIN PLUG GASKET REPLACE CABIN AIR FILTER AS REQUIRED BY MANUFACTURER + ROTATE TIRES, SET TIRE PRESSURE INCLUDING SPARE BATTERY SERVICE: CLEAN CABLE ENDS AND TOP OFF WATER BRAKE SERVI ~ ~TIRES (LEFT) (RIGHT) / BRAKES FRONT...4/32 ...3/32 ......7MM REAR ...4/32 ...9/32 ......5MM ~ ~COMPLETE
SERVICE: DECLINEDESCRIPTION: DECLINE ~ ~GUEST HAS AT THIS TIME DECLINED REPAIR/SERVICE OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM OR ITEMS. ~ ~LOWER CONTROL ARMS $980 ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION MOUNTS $1120 THREE TIRES $1020 WATER PUMP $1310
SERVICE: LOANER CAR BLNSDESCRIPTION: LOANER CAR BLNS ~ ~BELL LEXUS NORTH SCOTTSDALE IS PROVIDING THIS LOANER AS A COURTESY. WE ASK ONLY THAT IT BE RETURNED IN THE CONDITION IT WAS TAKEN. A $7.45 FUEL CONVENIENCE FEE HAS BEEN ADDED. PLEASE RETURN THE LOANER VEHICLE 4-6 BUSINESS HOURS AFTER YOUR VEHICLE HAS BEEN ~ ~ ~ ~LOANER#......... RETURN DATE......... CUST................

73475 MILES

DATE: 11/03/2014
REPAIR# 0561358REPORTED BY: Earnhardt Lexus
SERVICE: DESCRIPTION: CUSTOMER REQUEST LOANER VEHICLE - CUSTOMER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR RETURNING LOANER THE DAY WHEN REPAIR ~ ~CUSTOMER REQUEST LOANER VEHICLE - CUSTOMER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR RETURNING LOANER THE DAY WHEN REPAIRS COMPLETED OR SCHEDULED WITH ADVISOR. ~ ~A $75 PER DAY FEE WILL BE ADDED LOANER NOT RETURNED WHEN SCHEDULED.CUSTOMER REQUEST LOANER VEHICLE - CUSTOMER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR RETURNING LOANER THE DAY WHEN REPAIR
SERVICE: BODY (WINDOW/DOOR)DESCRIPTION: BODY (WINDOW/DOOR) ~ ~PASSENGER SIDE DOOR LOCK,MIRROR AND WINDOW INOP. INSPECT AND ADVISE ~ ~ ~ ~73472 100 CHECKED FOR CODES FOUND B1212 PASS DOOR ECU COMMUNICATION STOP. REMOVED DOOR PANEL CHECKED PLUGS AND FUSE POWER TO ALL. REBOOT ECU ALL WORKING OK AT THIS TIME. 1.0HRS
SERVICE: ENGINE COOLING GROUPDESCRIPTION: ENGINE COOLING GROUP ~ ~REPLACE LEAKING WATER PUMP ~ ~ ~ ~73475 WATER PUMP LEAKING 430 REPLACED WATER PUMP AND TIMING BELT 4.3HRS
SERVICE: RECOMMENDED MAINTDESCRIPTION: RECOMMENDED MAINT ~ ~CHECK OVER FOR TRIP, INCLUDING CONDITION OF TIMING BELT ~ ~ ~ ~73472 FOUND A COOLANT LEAK WATER PUMP LEAKING.

31143 MILES

DATE: 05/21/2007
REPAIR# 0370900REPORTED BY:
SERVICE: OTHERSDESCRIPTION: OTHERS ~ ~CHECK ENGINE VSC LIGHT ON CLIENT STATES ~ ~P0442 ~ ~GAS CAP SLIGHTLY LOOSE, SECURED. CLEARED CODE.

30889 MILES

DATE: 05/17/2007
REPAIR# 0370598REPORTED BY:
SERVICE: FRONT/REAR BODYDESCRIPTION: FRONT/REAR BODY ~ ~CLIENT STATES THE REAR SUNSHADE GOES UP SIDWAYS, SOP IN 751 ~ ~CORD PULLED OUT OF SHADE 743991 64350-50016 62/58 1.0 ~ ~REMOVED REAR TRIM AND REINSTALLED CORD IN SHADE
SERVICE: RECOMMENDED MAINTDESCRIPTION: RECOMMENDED MAINT ~ ~CLIENT REQEUST TO SET TIRE PSI ~ ~ ~ ~SET TIRE PRESSURE

30836 MILES

DATE: 05/15/2007
REPAIR# 0370277REPORTED BY:
SERVICE: MISCDESCRIPTION: MISC ~ ~CLIENT STATES THE REAR SUNSHADE WAS GOING UP SIDWAYS AND FOUND WHITE CORD LAYING ON THE PACKAGE TRAY ~ ~ ~ ~SOP REAR SUNSHADE

27277 MILES

DATE: 11/15/2006
REPAIR# 0352551REPORTED BY:
SERVICE: MISCDESCRIPTION: MISC ~ ~CLIENT STATES THE DRIVERS DOOR MIRROR DOES NOT FOLD OUT PROPERLEY, PART IN STOCK, SEE RUSS ~ ~DRIVERS MIRROR INTERNAL MALFUNCTION ~ ~DRIVERS MIRROR INOP AT TIMES, REPLACED MIRROR ASSY 752051 .50

9502 MILES

DATE: 04/27/2005
REPAIR# 0294936REPORTED BY:
SERVICE: NO CHARGEDESCRIPTION: NO CHARGE ~ ~SERVICE

6927 MILES

DATE: 01/20/2005
REPAIR# 0287045REPORTED BY:
SERVICE: LEXUS PERSONALIZED SETTINGSDESCRIPTION: LEXUS PERSONALIZED SETTINGS ~ ~CHANGE C-BEST SO WHEN VEHICLE IS PUT INTO PARK ALL DOORS UNLCOK.--HOWEVER KEEP FEATURE THAT DOORS LOCK WHEN STARTING TO DRIVE. ~ ~LPS SERVICE MAINTENANCE ~ ~6927 001030 0.4 LPS SERVICE
SERVICE: NO CHARGEDESCRIPTION: NO CHARGE ~ ~CLIENT POSS LOST GREEN CAP TO A PEN UNDER REAR SEAT PLEASE POP UP REAR SEAT AND SEE IF ITS THERE--IF FOUND PLEASE SET IN CENTER CONSOLE. NO CHARGE. ~ ~ ~ ~6927 REMOVE REAR SEAT FOUND PLASTIC PEN CAP, PLACED IN CENTER CONSOL
SERVICE: SSC NAVIGATION SYSTEM SOFTWARE UPDATEDESCRIPTION: SSC NAVIGATION SYSTEM SOFTWARE UPDATE ~ ~SSC NAVIGATION SYSTEM SOFTWARE UPDATE ~ ~E ~ ~6927 4LG 4623J1 0.4 PERFORM 4LG

5022 MILES

DATE: 11/01/2004
REPAIR# 0280344REPORTED BY:
SERVICE: 5,000 MILE SERVICEDESCRIPTION: 5,000 MILE SERVICE ~ ~5,000 MILE MAINTENANCE - CHANGE ENGINE OIL AND OIL FILTER - 28 PT SAFETY INSPECTION - INSPECT AIR FILTER, REPLACE IF NEEDED - INSPECT BELTS, HOSES, CHASSIS AND SUSPENSION BOLTS - INSPECT AND CORRECT FLUID LEVELS AND TIRE PRESSURES - INSPECT WIPER BLADES - ~ ~MT ~ ~5022 5K SERVICE 001050 0.6 TIRE TREAD REMAINING IN MILLIMETERS LEFT FRONT EDG6.5RIGHT FRONT EDG6.5 LEFT FRONT CTR6.5RIGHT FRONT CTR6.5 LEFT REAR EDG6RIGHT REAR EDG6 LEFT REAR CTR6RIGHT REAR CTR6 BRAKE PADS REMAINING IN MILLIMETERS - VISUAL FRONT PADS8.5RE

1267 MILES

DATE: 07/08/2004
REPAIR# 0270890REPORTED BY:
SERVICE: 1,000 MILE SERVICEDESCRIPTION: 1,000 MILE SERVICE ~ ~30 DAY SERVICE - INSPECT AND CORRECT FLUID LEVELS AND TIRE PRESSURES - INSPECT BELTS, HOSES AND CHASSIS - ROAD TEST - COMPLIMENTARY HAND WASH AND VACUUM OF VEHICLE ~ ~MT ~ ~1267 30 DAY SERVICE 001010 0.4

9 MILES

DATE: 05/14/2004
REPAIR# 0266018REPORTED BY:
SERVICE: P.D.S.DESCRIPTION: P.D.S. ~ ~P.D.S. ~ ~PDS

Old 06-08-17, 02:01 PM
caverman
Instructor

$11.5 OBO means you can get it for at least $11k. If the water pump is leaking then it should have gone back to the dealer that did the work on the timing belt. It might just be that the new dealer saw previous signs of a leaking water pump but it's not actually leaking now. You might call the dealer that did the work on the water pump and timing belt, let them know you're thinking about buying the car and if they would fix it if it's truly leaking. If not then you need to consider the price of a water pump replacement.

Sounds like it needs new tires. They recommend 3 tires but personally I would do all 4 with an alignment just to be safe. Again a negotiating point because that will probably cost you between $800 - $1k and that's probably something you'll have to do fairly quick.

Sounds like the door lock actuators (motors) are on their way out. Not an uncommon thing and there are some DIY threads on here on how to replace just the motors for $10 each. It's not a super easy fix but if your mechanically inclined it can be done. I had to do both front doors on my Cypress Pearl when I bought it. However, for bargaining on the price of the car, check your local dealer to find out how much door lock replacement is. Lexus usually wants stupid money to do them, something like $800 a side. I had an indie quote me $325 a side to just replace the motors and not the whole actuator. An actuator part alone is in the $250 range. After having done the door locks myself I can say that I would prefer not to ever have to do them again unless I had to. You'll just have to decide if the Silver color is worth the effort over the Cypress Pearl. If you're on the fence between the cars you might use the Silver one as a bargaining chip for the Cypress one. Show them the post and let them know for $11k you can get one with the timing belt already done.

Just based on the service history I would say it seems as though the Cypress Pearl has been maintained a little better. There is a big gap after the 31k service on the Silver one but that doesn't mean it wasn't serviced from outside of a Lexus dealer.

??? how do these people live in AZ and not tint their windows? It's the same here in TX. It's mandatory IMO.
LatinLS430 (06-08-17)
Old 06-08-17, 03:01 PM
LatinLS430
Instructor

Thanks for that info caverman. I'm leaning more for the Cypress green because it's from a small dealer and they offer a 90 day 4500 mile warranty. And I agree that the Cypress Pear seems to be have more maintenance done without many gaps like the silver one.

That actuator sounds like a PITA.

Haha yeah I don't know how people can handle the no tint cars.
Old 06-08-17, 03:19 PM
LatinLS430
Instructor

From the vindecoder website it shows that the Cypress one has air suspension?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/vin...BN36F040169060
Old 06-08-17, 03:27 PM
caverman
Instructor

Yikes...that's very possible. Looking back on the pictures there does look to be buttons in front of the shifter which I think is for the air suspension. I'm not 100% sure I would call that a deal breaker but I would have to look into the cost of converting it over regular shocks. I thought I saw where someone said it would be in the $3k range. Do more research on that one before pulling the trigger. Again it might be a bargaining chip. I can just about guarantee that don't have but $7.5k - $8.5k in it. Look up trade in value on the car and you'll see. You can always make a super low ball offer and let them call you back if they decide to let it go. I don't know how far away it is for you but I would still think about looking at it just to see.
Old 06-08-17, 03:38 PM
LatinLS430
Instructor

Yikes...that's very possible. Looking back on the pictures there does look to be buttons in front of the shifter which I think is for the air suspension. I'm not 100% sure I would call that a deal breaker but I would have to look into the cost of converting it over regular shocks. I thought I saw where someone said it would be in the $3k range. Do more research on that one before pulling the trigger. Again it might be a bargaining chip. I can just about guarantee that don't have but $7.5k - $8.5k in it. Look up trade in value on the car and you'll see. You can always make a super low ball offer and let them call you back if they decide to let it go. I don't know how far away it is for you but I would still think about looking at it just to see.
I'm only 20 mins away from both cars.

This is where the switch for the air suspension would at at no?
Old 06-08-17, 03:53 PM
caverman
Instructor

Actually, looking at mine I have those buttons there as well without air suspension. Search here on how to tell if it has air suspension and maybe call the dealer and confirm. I'm pretty sure there some buttons in front of the shifter for leveling it out.
Old 06-08-17, 03:54 PM
caverman
Instructor

Originally Posted by LatinGS350
I'm only 20 mins away from both cars.

This is where the switch for the air suspension would at at no?
Yes, I think that is where they would go. You might just go check it out or have the dealer text you a close up of that area.
Old 06-08-17, 03:57 PM
LatinLS430
Instructor

Yeah I'm going tomorrow to check it out. And maybe the silver one also.
Old 06-08-17, 04:38 PM
JffGRY706
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 53 Posts

Scottsdale auto group in mesa has a white '06 for $10,800 that is a better buy. has preferred 18 inch wheels, and no navigation. no accidents, but 5 owners would be a concern. don't know what color you prefer, but between the silver and green I would get the silver. white one in on cars guru by the way.

Quick Reply: Getting a second car- 04 LS430