Notices
LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

How to Adjust Your Headlights Writeup w/Pix

Old 06-09-16, 11:24 AM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Here's the easiest way and the federal standard. Mark the lens height (small dot on the lens) on a wall. Roll back 25ft from the wall and your lights should no less than 3" below that line. Your two steps / J slopes should be aligned and level as well.

Old 06-21-16, 09:51 PM
nedear168
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

I think I screw up my 05' right side also, where can I buy this replacement gear rod??

Last edited by nedear168; 06-22-16 at 02:43 PM.
Old 01-29-17, 10:59 PM
chontastik
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think I broke it!

so I followed said instructions, and aimed them too high, so when I readjusted them back down, it stopped going down after a while.. so I just said "good enough!" then when I put everything back together the auto leveling stopped working on the one side that wouldn't adjust anymore.. did I break it and cost myself a headlight?
Old 06-04-18, 10:09 AM
HansImmer
Driver School Candidate

On my 2005 the connecting rod and housing is missing on both headlights. Is it only for comfortable adjusting of low-beam and high-beam or will the adaptive light not work without it? Thanks a lot.
Old 09-01-18, 12:26 PM
Madvtecbro
Driver School Candidate

Just bought my 01 Ls430 a few days ago and this light has been driving me insane, on my car it was in the passenger footwell fuse panel, fuse 28, middle row 2nd from the top, mine was a 5a, I just manually adjusted the headlights, using info from this post, thanks, not worried about auto leveling
Old 11-14-18, 04:00 PM
Ellesse
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Just for future reference when someone like me needs this thread (helped a ton, thank you to all who contributed!):
In order to avoid stripping the connecting rod gears when doing the vertical adjustment you need to turn both the high and low beam vertical adjustment screws at the same time in the same direction!

source: the sticker on my headlights
Old 02-18-19, 01:24 PM
Ricklin
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Indeed!

Originally Posted by Ellesse View Post
Just for future reference when someone like me needs this thread (helped a ton, thank you to all who contributed!):
In order to avoid stripping the connecting rod gears when doing the vertical adjustment you need to turn both the high and low beam vertical adjustment screws at the same time in the same direction!

source: the sticker on my headlights
My rod and gear assembly on my R side is toast, likely due to the PO's attempt at adjustment. Once I get a better look at the damage I'll buy a used assembly to get the parts I need. My lenses look like new.
Old 02-20-19, 12:27 PM
RushNatU
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricklin View Post
My rod and gear assembly on my R side is toast, likely due to the PO's attempt at adjustment. Once I get a better look at the damage I'll buy a used assembly to get the parts I need. My lenses look like new.
I have a good passenger headlight from an 02. PM if interested.
Old 02-20-19, 12:56 PM
Ricklin
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Thanks

Mine is an 05 different headlights. I do appreciate the offer

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to Adjust Your Headlights Writeup w/Pix

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: