Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

hid retrofit kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-03, 09:05 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey rominl where is a good place to get the razo bulbs?..........ive also heard that they burn out fast because they use more power?.........is this true?...........have you tried them in your car, and if so do you still use them?........thanks for the info
Old 03-17-03, 09:11 PM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i personally like clear fogs... to mee clear fogs will match better than yellow fogs but i guess its choice of prefrence.
Old 03-17-03, 09:18 PM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by GS300Rich
thanks rominl, glad to see that im not the only one that pays attention to the little things........You put the M4s where your high beams go?..........Does that make the high beams brighter or duller?............and does it make the bulb look whiter like the HID?.............the fogs dont bother me as much because I hardly ever use them to be honest with you.............its the attention to detail that will win awards...........im working on posting pics on here...........if you want to see pics of my lex and my durango go to cardomain.com/id/durrngd..........I still have the durango.........its my beater now............let me know what you think..............the lex is far from done...............going to do a system with kenwood and JL audio and then a win body kit with blitz spoiler............thanks again for all the help guys...............rich
rich, the m4's and m6's u replace that with the bulb that is slanting upwards from the bottom of the highbeam housing if u plan on getting m4's i think they meet stock wattage specifications ??? (anyone care to back that up) its a real pain to get those suckers in got to be gentle. i have the m6's but i might go back to stock b/c 6000k hid setup, you really cant get a matching color
Old 03-17-03, 09:33 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

joshoowa I already installed the m6s and they dont come close to matching.........I am a stickler for detail and the fact that they are so far off is getting to me...........the m6s do look a lot better than stock..........but they still arent close..............i guess im just going to have to live with the fact that they are not going to get any closer..........how did you clear out your foglights?
Old 03-17-03, 09:43 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

thanks rominl, glad to see that im not the only one that pays attention to the little things........You put the M4s where your high beams go?..........Does that make the high beams brighter or duller?............and does it make the bulb look whiter like the HID?.............the fogs dont bother me as much because I hardly ever use them to be honest with you.............its the attention to detail that will win awards...........im working on posting pics on here...........if you want to see pics of my lex and my durango go to cardomain.com/id/durrngd..........I still have the durango.........its my beater now............let me know what you think..............the lex is far from done...............going to do a system with kenwood and JL audio and then a win body kit with blitz spoiler............thanks again for all the help guys...............rich
oh, i didn't replace the high beam, i replace the little bulb at the bottom. you have m6, i have m4. m6 looks yellower coz' it's bright so you think it's a bulb and of course it's yellow. but with m4, just like the stock bulb, it only gives out a tiny hue, and it's blue/white. so it make things look at lot better imho

i always use my fogs, for the heck of it. that's why i had to get it working. i figured i would never get it to match, so i went all the way around
Old 03-17-03, 09:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

hey rominl where is a good place to get the razo bulbs?..........ive also heard that they burn out fast because they use more power?.........is this true?...........have you tried them in your car, and if so do you still use them?........thanks for the info
i don't knnow where to get them though, try optauto.com? i only know about local shops. my friend has them on his acura for quite some time already and it's still very good.

maybe you can consider the piaa extreme white too? more pricey
Old 03-17-03, 09:46 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by joshoowa
rich, the m4's and m6's u replace that with the bulb that is slanting upwards from the bottom of the highbeam housing if u plan on getting m4's i think they meet stock wattage specifications ??? (anyone care to back that up) its a real pain to get those suckers in got to be gentle. i have the m6's but i might go back to stock b/c 6000k hid setup, you really cant get a matching color
yes, the m4 is direct replacement, both wattage and size. m6 is oversize, some people got blackened bulbs after some time. the m4 is really easy to replace, the m6 on the other hand is awefully hard.

you sure you want to put back to stock bolt there? i tried once, i almost faint
Old 03-17-03, 09:48 PM
brendanlim
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by rominl
Don't go back to stock. Believe us, you'll definately regret it!
Old 03-17-03, 09:50 PM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by rominl
haha .. i bettter take your word on that..
Old 03-17-03, 09:51 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

i always use my fogs, for the heck of it. that's why i had to get it working. i figured i would never get it to match, so i went all the way around

what do you mean by you went all the way around? What is the light setup that you are running now? Also will the m4 bulb work in the side markers? I gather by what you are telling me that I should replace the m6 bulb that I have with the m4 bulb? When I do this it should look whiter than the m6? I never thought lightbulbs would be so confusing
Old 03-17-03, 09:55 PM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

joshoowa I already installed the m6s and they dont come close to matching.........I am a stickler for detail and the fact that they are so far off is getting to me...........the m6s do look a lot better than stock..........but they still arent close..............i guess im just going to have to live with the fact that they are not going to get any closer..........how did you clear out your foglights?
well my car came with clear fogs..... and i guess over time i learned to like my clear ones plus people i hear from say clear ones looks better... but i really would like to have yellow ones for an oem style GS w/ stock HID ... back to your question, yes it is quite possible to clear out your yellow fogs i remember seeing a DIY post on it (something about using a solder and melting pieces out kinda risky if you ask me) but if you really want clear ones trade with someone hell PM me LOL.
Old 03-17-03, 10:15 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

well my car came with clear fogs..... and i guess over time i learned to like my clear ones plus people i hear from say clear ones looks better... but i really would like to have yellow ones for an oem style GS w/ stock HID ... back to your question, yes it is quite possible to clear out your yellow fogs i remember seeing a DIY post on it (something about using a solder and melting pieces out kinda risky if you ask me) but if you really want clear ones trade with someone hell PM me LOL.
my fogs are clear, at least they appear clear from the outside............what fogs come that are yellow, the older gs?
Old 03-17-03, 10:35 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

haha .. i bettter take your word on that..
haha yeah, i had to put back the stock one coz' i had to go clear a fix-it ticket. i put it back before my gf came home. and she screamed so loud "what's wrong with the headlight? they are dying?"
Old 03-17-03, 10:39 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

what do you mean by you went all the way around? What is the light setup that you are running now? Also will the m4 bulb work in the side markers? I gather by what you are telling me that I should replace the m6 bulb that I have with the m4 bulb? When I do this it should look whiter than the m6? I never thought lightbulbs would be so confusing
haha, it's hard when you want to do it right. first, when i said i went all the way around, i was trying to say instead of persuing the pure white, i got the pure yellow, coz' i figured unless i put in 6000k for the fogs, it's not going to match at all. i haev blue gs, as you can see from my sig, i think it looks pretty good

yes, m4 is the bulb you use for side marker. if you have that already, go and try use it in place of the m6 and see how it looks. it doesn't look brighter or whiter, but in fact since it's dimmer, it doesn't light up the whole housing, rather just give it a hue. go try, you will see what i mean.

and one more thing, try not to stand 1 foot away from the car for the color judgement, people usually don't see your car that way. usually when i wanna see if something matches, etc... i turn on my light, and walk like 15 feet away and see. trust me, things become different sometimes
Old 03-17-03, 10:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

oh, ninnononono, clearing yellow to become clear is very easy, all fogs have clear front lens, but the yellow fogs is produced by a fully yellow lens behind. so you just use a flat head screw driver and break the glass, bingo

all hid equipped GS comes with yellow fogs, since 98.

Quick Reply: hid retrofit kit