LFA value discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-11, 09:51 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LFA value discussion thread

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Like stated, 0 - 60 mph should easily come in 3.1 - 3.2 seconds and 1/4 mile in 11.1 - 11.3 seconds easily at 127 - 128 mph (if not better).

LOL. Behind the curve?? You obviously don't have much clue here then.
Dont have much clue... Haha Thats funny. The car can do 0-60 in 3.1 and run 11.1 all day and still be behind the curve.

I dont know what the LFA can foot brake too, but i highly doubt its under 3000rpm. If im right, the car isnt going to improve much

The only 1/4 mile record i can find is a 11.8 done by motertrend
http://www.dragtimes.com/Lexus-LFA-Timeslip-20922.html

So i would be willing to bet money that the car dosnt hit 11.4

Last edited by MRxSLAYx; 01-27-11 at 09:54 AM.
Old 01-27-11, 09:59 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Lexus officially has stated 0 - 60 mph in 3.6 seconds can be achieved without launch control system. If LFA can achieve 11.1 seconds, that is fast enough for being in a straight line on a supercar.

If you have launched a manual transmission car, you should know clutch modulation is absolutely essential to get off the line fast in order to control wheel spin while maximizing power and traction. That is exactly what a well developed launch control does. It is very well documented in the 'AutoZeitung' SLS AMG comparison.

There is no such thing as foot braking technique in LFA. There was only the "neutral slamming technique" and you keep your foot off the brake in this, which I described before resulted in too much wheel spin since it is either on or off and no way in between since there is no way to control wheel spin. Either you bog off the line or spin the wheels. There is no inbetween.

LFA is not meant to be a drag racing car and it smokes all the other supercars in its class or below around the race track so your idea about being the curve makes no sense. The only cars that are quicker around the race track are stripped down cars meant only for the track like Ferrari 599 GTO or GT2 RS etc. and Nurburgring edition is the answer for that.

Regarding the 11.8 seconds, welcome to over 1 year ago. That was a prototype without any launch control system and since then a lot has happened. It clearly says they used the "neutral dropping technique" and it caused too much wheel spin off the line due to lack of clutch modulation and to gain traction.

LFA prototypes later on got equipped with launch control and tested quicker than low to mid 11 seconds cars such as, Audi R8 V10 e-tronic (official 0 - 60 mph in 3.5 secs and 11.4 seconds 1/4 mile) and Ferrari 599 GTB V12 ( officially 0 - 60 mph in 3.3 secs and 11.2 seconds 1/4 mile) in direct head to head comparison tests.

So yeah, you are pretty much clueless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5Mf-...layer_embedded

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Dont have much clue... Haha Thats funny. The car can do 0-60 in 3.1 and run 11.1 all day and still be behind the curve.

I dont know what the LFA can foot brake too, but i highly doubt its under 3000rpm. If im right, the car isnt going to improve much

The only 1/4 mile record i can find is a 11.8 done by motertrend
http://www.dragtimes.com/Lexus-LFA-Timeslip-20922.html

So i would be willing to bet money that the car dosnt hit 11.4

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 01-27-11 at 10:17 AM.
Old 01-27-11, 10:07 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Sure. Im clueless because ive proven my statements. Show me where lexus has proven results beating a viper or zr1 around the Nurburging. Or how about this... Show me where it has advanced at the drag strip. Speculation is great for fanboys, but for the rest of us the LFA is still a car that is overpriced and unproven.

Until you have concrete evidence, keep believing in the hype.
11.1 seconds is fast enough for being in a straight line on a supercar.

LFA is not meant to be a drag racing car and it smokes all the other supercars in its class or below around the race track so your idea about being the curve makes no sense. The only cars that are quicker around the race track are stripped down cars meant only for the track like Ferrari 599 GTO or GT2 RS etc. and Nurburgring edition is the answer for that.

Regarding the 11.8 seconds, welcome to 1 year ago. That was a prototype without any launch control system and since then a lot has happened. It clearly says they used the "neutral dropping technique" and it caused too much wheel spin off the line due to lack of clutch modulation.

LFA tested quicker than low to mid 11 seconds cars such as, Audi R8 V10 (official 11.4 seconds 1/4 mile) and Ferrari 599 GTB V12 ( officially 11.3 seconds 1/4 mile) in direct head to head comparison tests.

So yeah, you are pretty much clueless.
Old 01-27-11, 10:08 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Battle of the supercars! lmao... You really have no clue

"For Now" the LFA hasnt done

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZlGMX8G3B4

or this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2mFEC2H0cY

So until it does, ill consider my self "Clueless"

Last edited by MRxSLAYx; 01-27-11 at 10:13 AM.
Old 01-27-11, 10:23 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Well, though you have an IS-F, you are obviously acting like a hater. I will not go further with this. You are using the fanboy rhetoric on me and yet, you are acting like a true hater yourself. Maybe, a moderator can assist here??

Again, you are clueless.

p.s. Yes, I indeed do have more proof, but hey so far your track record is not looking good at all so why do I care?? I am sure you will start making excuses since it does not suit your argument and calling the professional race car driver "incompetent" etc. and start throwing the so-called "official factory claims" (shaved tires hint! hint!) I know your type very well.

Sure. Im clueless because ive proven my statements. Show me where lexus has proven results beating a viper or zr1 around the Nurburging. Or how about this... Show me where it has advanced at the drag strip. Speculation is great for fanboys, but for the rest of us the LFA is still a car that is overpriced and unproven.

Until you have concrete evidence, keep believing in the hype.

Battle of the supercars! lmao... You really have no clue

"For Now" the LFA hasnt done

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZlGMX8G3B4

or this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2mFEC2H0cY

So until it does, ill consider my self "Clueless"

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 01-27-11 at 10:37 AM.
Old 01-27-11, 10:37 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Well, you are obviously acting like a troll. I will not go further with this. Maybe, a moderator can assist here?? Probably, you want to stay out of this??

p.s. Yes, I do have proof, but hey so far your track record is not looking good at all so why do I care?? I am sure you will start calling the race car driver "incompetent" etc. and start throwing the so-called "official claims" (shaved tires hint! hint!) I know your type very well.
Sure. Im a troll because i stated that i doubt the car will improve by leaps and bounds. Im also a troll for defending my comment after YOU called me out on it. What do you honestly expect a moderator to say?
MRxSLAYx... Dont defend your opinion with facts. This is the LFA fanboy thread so anything bad regarding LFA performance is blasphemy.

If you have the proof, then show it. I LOVE the LFA, i just dont love having to justify it.

p.s. So far your track record is not looking good so why do i care? Im sure you'll start saying that battle of the supercars is FACT, and that Tenner Foust is the next Michael Schumacher. How about you grow up and stop attempting to belittle the poster instead of his posts.
Old 01-27-11, 11:07 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

ok, everyone please calm down. i don't want to see the words troll, hater, fanboy, etc... anymore, they are all leading to personal insults. let's focus back on the topic here. thanks
Old 01-27-11, 11:49 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

I honestly dont think its going to be much faster. Its a cool car but its behind the curve.
Lol "behind the curve" compared to what though, a Veyron?

The LFA will prove itself out in the real world with the launch control in due time.
Old 01-27-11, 12:00 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Lol "behind the curve" compared to what though, a Veyron?

The LFA will prove itself out in the real world with the launch control in due time.
Compared to a Zr1, viper ACR, 458... I just think its too slow for the price. Its a nice car, but a GTR with $1500 put into it will destroy an LFA in every fashion.

That said, ill wait for the new launch control to prove me wrong.
Old 01-27-11, 12:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Compared to a Zr1, viper ACR, 458... I just think its too slow for the price. Its a nice car, but a GTR with $1500 put into it will destroy an LFA in every fashion.

That said, ill wait for the new launch control to prove me wrong.
again, i think i asked this before. isn't that you can apply that statement to some other cars like the SV and the 599 GTO and still hold true? what's the point anyway, i think everyone already knows the gtr is the best value one can get, but that doesn't mean everyone not getting gtr is stupid (including you?)
Old 01-27-11, 01:22 PM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

There is something wrong with the picture, a drag racer has an IS-F .
I think we are facing some major conflicting logics at work here, especially when the topic bang for bucks is raised . Is there an ignore button somewhere?
Old 01-27-11, 02:39 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Considering the tires the LFA has, it's pretty good for getting those 3.5secs to 60mph. Most other cars that have launch control come equipped with some serious summer rubber. The LFA's tires aren't such low life ultra high grip tires. Yet around the ring tests with the pre-production car it held its own and beat that ZR1, that GTR, those 911's etc. It had some corners taken at 10kmh faster than the other cars. That's what the LFA is about. It's awesome handling dynamics.
Old 01-27-11, 03:14 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TF109B
Considering the tires the LFA has, it's pretty good for getting those 3.5secs to 60mph. Most other cars that have launch control come equipped with some serious summer rubber. The LFA's tires aren't such low life ultra high grip tires. Yet around the ring tests with the pre-production car it held its own and beat that ZR1, that GTR, those 911's etc. It had some corners taken at 10kmh faster than the other cars. That's what the LFA is about. It's awesome handling dynamics.
Now that some sanity has been restored into this thread by rominl, I will present the evidence:

AutoBild Supercomparo, September 2010

Driver: professional 24-hour Nurburgring race car driver Sascha Bert

- Driver with passenger sitting in the passenger seat
- Nurburgring full track version lap (20.8 KM) not just the typical northern loop.

Old 01-27-11, 04:22 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

The LFA vs GTR/ZR1 again!? I thought we went over this already...

Here is just one reason I would buy the LFA like it over the GTR/ZR1. Hand built by the finest craftsmen that Toyota can possibly provide, detail and passion in every step of the manufacturing process. GTR is a great car, nobody said it wasn't.

Lexus could've at any point given the LFA more horsepower to work with but why didn't they? question is, why do they need to? I'm glad Lexus brought back 'balance' and purity, especially when they have no particular sports heritage, we will see other premium car makes following suit.
Old 01-27-11, 07:51 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by G Star
The LFA vs GTR/ZR1 again!? I thought we went over this already...

Here is just one reason I would buy the LFA like it over the GTR/ZR1. Hand built by the finest craftsmen that Toyota can possibly provide, detail and passion in every step of the manufacturing process. GTR is a great car, nobody said it wasn't.

Lexus could've at any point given the LFA more horsepower to work with but why didn't they? question is, why do they need to? I'm glad Lexus brought back 'balance' and purity, especially when they have no particular sports heritage, we will see other premium car makes following suit.
Toyota has plenty of sports car heritage. Maybe you just didn't know that they've won rally events, sports car events, championships in America (GrandAM/CanAm) and in Europe(WRC), and definitely Japan (JGTC/SuperGT F-Nippon). The cars they used in WRC and Touring cars were readily available. This was throughout the late 70's 80's 90's and up until recently until they cut the Celica Supra etc. And to say this is their first exotic is a little misleading too. The 2000GT could be considered one for it's time.

Quick Reply: LFA value discussion thread