Disable Lexus Enform Tracking

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-16, 02:28 PM
2015rcfLA
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disable Lexus Enform Tracking

Hey guys!

I'm the new owner of a 2015 RC-F, I love my new car. I did have one concern though, i'm not all about the GPS tracking, SOS button, how do I disable the Lexus Enform? Is there a dedicated antenna that it goes off of?

I'm pretty keen on my privacy and I don't like the fact that someone could access the car if they knew the app login information.

Thanks!
Steph
Old 01-19-16, 06:03 PM
Rhambler
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Not sure you can. You can always ask to cancel the free first-year service, although those capabilities are burned into your car. In fact I don't think there's a new car available today that doesn't have some form of that innate to it in one way or another.

Read the privacy agreement that came with your car and/or go to Lexus Drivers and read the Enform and Enform Service Connect privacy agreement to learn about the extent, capabilities and any protections and/or opt-out options.

I read it and it's eye-opening. They log everything including pertinent voice conversations from within your car that are "applicable" to Enform or other related features. They left it kind of open that this information can be shared.

Frankly my friend's BMW (2009) is like this as his wife's new Cadillac (2015).

If you're that worried about privacy, the only sure-fire way is literally buy a car from 90s.

Good luck.
Old 01-20-16, 04:36 PM
2015rcfLA
Driver School Candidate

Yeah that's what I was afraid of, do you think disconnecting the GPS antenna would work? I don't use the GPS anyways (I just use my phone, it's more convenient than typing it into the car)
Old 01-20-16, 04:45 PM
Rhambler
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I honestly don't know. I do know the car can communicate without your cell phone present (at least my 2016 can), but I'm not sure if that is done through the GPS antenna. It might have a separate cellular antenna somewhere or could share the GPS antenna array.

I would honestly suggest reading the privacy agreement first and speaking with Lexus if you are concerned. They may be able to help you without modifying or affecting your car.

If you're that concerned, you could always find the fuse and disconnect that, assuming it does not affect any normal function of your car. But please bear in mind I'm not an expert nor do I even condone doing anything along those lines.

Good luck.
Old 01-27-16, 10:51 PM
j0mama
Rookie

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Here are the schematics, looks like the Enform, has its own GPS and Telephone antenna in the telematics transceiver.

j.

(Sorry, this is from a 2016 GX460)
Attached Thumbnails Disable Lexus Enform Tracking-enform.jpg   Disable Lexus Enform Tracking-enform2.jpg  

Last edited by j0mama; 01-27-16 at 10:54 PM. Reason: misread
Old 01-28-16, 06:22 AM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts

good question. im sure there is some kind of way to kill it. following this thread.
Old 08-20-17, 02:18 AM
chipperh
Driver School Candidate

Has there been any progress in disconnecting the Lexus Enform Tracking & SOS? I am a new owner of a 2017 GX460, and would like to install a switch to disconnect the built in monitoring.
Looking for a success story before I take apart my dashboard.

Regards
Old 09-21-18, 11:20 AM
nitroracer
Intermediate

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by chipperh
Has there been any progress in disconnecting the Lexus Enform Tracking & SOS? I am a new owner of a 2017 GX460, and would like to install a switch to disconnect the built in monitoring.
Looking for a success story before I take apart my dashboard.

Regards
Why don't you just cancel your agreement with Lexus.

https://lexus2.custhelp.com/app/answ...7/kw/opt%20out

That's for "opt-out" but just tell them you want to cancel altogether, and then confirm that fact by logging into your account at https://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/ and seeing that they are "disabled".