IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

VLand headlights - projector LED

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-19, 01:16 AM
webhed
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by T4runner
I too bought these and they have been stuck at customs for almost a month now. Their website says the headlights are DOT and SAE approve, not sure if its true. Hopefully customs doesn't seize these headlights.
You may want to give US Customs a call. I called the San Francisco port and I found out my package haven't reached customs and may still be at the USPS sorting facility in San Francisco. I'm awaiting another call from CBP, San Fran. Meanwhile, I've been back and forth with VLAND and gave them a heads up that if I don't see any progress by tomorrow, I will be demanding a refund, or possibly a transaction dispute with my CC company.
The following users liked this post:
mahcah (07-21-19)
Old 05-29-19, 06:55 PM
T4runner
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by webhed
You may want to give US Customs a call. I called the San Francisco port and I found out my package haven't reached customs and may still be at the USPS sorting facility in San Francisco. I'm awaiting another call from CBP, San Fran. Meanwhile, I've been back and forth with VLAND and gave them a heads up that if I don't see any progress by tomorrow, I will be demanding a refund, or possibly a transaction dispute with my CC company.
I put a claim in with usps two weeks ago. Called customs but its automated, saying only a usps representative can reach them. Good news is my package is moving out of customs back to San Fran facility. Should be here by tomorrow. Good luck with yours!
Old 06-11-19, 08:40 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Alright guys I'm going to take the plunge and try these lights. Are there multiple vendors to buy these from ?

I found this one on Ebay below:

Vland Led Headlights

Thx

Edit:
There are so many Ebay vendors that sell these lights, I just hope they all sell the same Vland lights and there aren't variations between the lights

Last edited by MileHIFcar; 06-11-19 at 09:40 PM.
Old 06-12-19, 11:30 AM
3nergiz3d
Intermediate

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
Alright guys I'm going to take the plunge and try these lights. Are there multiple vendors to buy these from ?

I found this one on Ebay below:

Vland Led Headlights

Thx

Edit:
There are so many Ebay vendors that sell these lights, I just hope they all sell the same Vland lights and there aren't variations between the lights
They all seem to be similar, you can also buy from them directly.

https://www.vland-carlamp.com/Full_L..._19287711.aspx
MileHIFcar (06-13-19)
Old 06-21-19, 11:52 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

So I got the lights installed a few days ago and I have to tell you guys that I'm highly impressed with the quality of the lights! The light output for low beams is pretty good and the high beams are actually pretty good compared to what I've been experiencing with my other aftermarket headlights. They have a nice beam cutoff that doesn't blind oncoming traffic and they are easily adjustable for height.

All in all I would highly recommend these lights to people who are on the fence about the light output for low and high beams. For the price of these lights they are a steal in my opinion (no HID bulbs/ballasts to buy/instant lighting, no waiting for warm up time from the bulbs etc.....). I think the icing on the cake with these lights are the LED DRL's which are bright as hell! The color temperature is perfect and what the OEM LED kelvin temperature should've been from the start. Not to mention the sequential turn signals are bright and the amber light is really noticeable to oncoming traffic.

They really set the car apart from the crowd and modernize the 2IS front end (whether 250,350,ISF). Now I know they are not everyone's cup of tea, but for those that have 08-10 models and want the LED strip with something different in aesthetics and lighting these are the lights to get!
KenISF (06-22-19)
Old 06-22-19, 01:19 AM
KenISF
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Thanks for the review. I been one of those that been on the fence on the Vland lights. I have an 08 and wanted something with the led drl/black housing. Heard another member stating low is bright.
Now that you are pretty much confirming low beams are bright I will pcik up a set.
Did you buy from the vendor in your link?
Was shipping from China?
Old 06-22-19, 12:36 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Actually they had them in stock in Cali, turnaround time was 5 days from time of the order placed to received. I ordered them Wed June 12th in the evening and they were on my door step on Monday June 17th confirming that they did come from a warehouse in I think Chino, Cali

I ordered them from Vendor:

VlandInnovate off of Ebay
Old 06-22-19, 11:32 PM
KenISF
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Cool, I'm in Ca. to so should be even faster.
MileHIFcar (06-23-19)
Old 06-25-19, 07:05 PM
rem0rse
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pulled the trigger on these, Any particular things to be vary of interms of installation? mainly concerned about removing bumper.
Old 06-26-19, 06:10 AM
jdmek998
Intermediate

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by rem0rse
Pulled the trigger on these, Any particular things to be vary of interms of installation? mainly concerned about removing bumper.
Its a pretty straight forward install. Just reseal them prior to install to prevent any leaks.
Old 06-27-19, 07:50 AM
WeekendF
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My fitment was pretty garbage, anyone else have fitment issues? Tips, tricks?
Old 06-27-19, 08:42 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

No fitment issues on my end, they fit surprisingly well. What issues did you have exactly?
Old 06-27-19, 08:45 AM
WeekendF
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Corners do not line up for me.. both sides. If it is good for you, I'll need to remove the bumper and re-install them again
Old 07-19-19, 03:29 PM
davidbusta
Intermediate

Received 87 Likes on 68 Posts

Hey guys, my set of the vland headlights came in today and im wondering what did you guys use to seal them? how can i tell if my car has AFS? i dont think it does because isnt AFS that thing where the headlights move a bit in the direction that im turning the steering wheel? im not too sure if thats what it is but i know my lexus doesn't have that. just not sure if thats what AFS is. i just want to know if its necessary to use that fuse wire they provide.
Old 07-19-19, 04:27 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

^^^^If your 2IS came with the HID used between 2006 and and 2010 you have AFS. If you have Halogen, you do not have AFS. If you have the HID with the swoosh you do not have AFS.

Lou
lobuxracer (07-20-19)

Quick Reply: VLand headlights - projector LED