Notices
IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

VLand headlights - projector LED

 
Old 04-14-19, 08:58 PM
  #31  
BlckGhst
Pole Position
 
BlckGhst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: az
Posts: 274
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default

Someone on FB said low beam output is just as good as OEM. High beam output could be better
BlckGhst is offline  
Old 04-15-19, 03:57 PM
  #32  
webhed
Pole Position
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 257
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Does anyone here know if these headlights are these still on backorder?
webhed is offline  
Old 04-16-19, 07:23 AM
  #33  
3nergiz3d
Pole Position
 
3nergiz3d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Alberta
Posts: 350
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by webhed View Post
Does anyone here know if these headlights are these still on backorder?
They should be in-stock. Bought some directly from them.
3nergiz3d is offline  
The following users liked this post:
webhed (04-17-19)
Old 05-15-19, 06:24 PM
  #34  
webhed
Pole Position
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 257
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I placed my order directly from VLAND April 15, got my tracking number May 3. USPS indicates "Processed Through Facility ISC SAN FRANCISCO" on May 7 and till this day, which makes 1 month since I placed my order, hasn't moved forward. What gives??
webhed is offline  
Old 05-15-19, 07:40 PM
  #35  
RRocket
Lexus Test Driver
 
RRocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 964
Likes: 0
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by webhed View Post
I placed my order directly from VLAND April 15, got my tracking number May 3. USPS indicates "Processed Through Facility ISC SAN FRANCISCO" on May 7 and till this day, which makes 1 month since I placed my order, hasn't moved forward. What gives??
Figuring out which of Trumps new tariffs to apply?
RRocket is offline  
Old 05-16-19, 06:19 AM
  #36  
jdmek998
Driver
 
jdmek998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: FL
Posts: 138
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

So I have had them for about 2.5 months on the car. Now I am having moisture inside the right light. I even applied rtv around the seams just as I have done to aftermarket lamps in the past prior to installing them to prevent this. I must have missed a spot or something. Supposedly they will be sending me a replacement set soon. Otherwise the lights are awesome. High beams could be better for LED. Low beam seems to have better light output than factory. Overall I am happy with them as long as they come thru with replacing my current set.
jdmek998 is offline  
Old 05-16-19, 10:39 AM
  #37  
MAizz
Lead Lap
iTrader: (6)
 
MAizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 545
Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts
Default

Are these compatible with 2011+ models with the newer OEM style headlights?
MAizz is offline  
Old 05-16-19, 11:54 AM
  #38  
jdmek998
Driver
 
jdmek998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: FL
Posts: 138
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MAizz View Post
Are these compatible with 2011+ models with the newer OEM style headlights?
Yes sir. Vland says to 2012 IS.
jdmek998 is offline  
Old 05-16-19, 01:07 PM
  #39  
MileHIFcar
Lexus Champion
 
MileHIFcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,964
Received 63 Likes on 57 Posts
Default

I'm so tempted to try these.......but I've been burned before with quality issues with aftermarket headlights specifically with light output. They do look go though and completely give the front end a face lift like the Vland tails did for the 2IS IMO
MileHIFcar is offline  
Old 05-17-19, 05:48 AM
  #40  
jdmek998
Driver
 
jdmek998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: FL
Posts: 138
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar View Post
I'm so tempted to try these.......but I've been burned before with quality issues with aftermarket headlights specifically with light output. They do look go though and completely give the front end a face lift like the Vland tails did for the 2IS IMO
Yea I was apprehensive at first but my headlights were getting worse every time I cleaned them up. The light output is better than stock Xenon. Also did not hurt my wallet as much than going to OEM. So if I can get 2 years out of them I will be happy.
jdmek998 is offline  
Old 05-17-19, 03:47 PM
  #41  
mk416
Lead Lap
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: CA
Posts: 619
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jdmek998 View Post
Yea I was apprehensive at first but my headlights were getting worse every time I cleaned them up. The light output is better than stock Xenon. Also did not hurt my wallet as much than going to OEM. So if I can get 2 years out of them I will be happy.
Did you ever apply clear coating after you polished? If you don't do that, the "cleaning" will only last a few months under UV.
mk416 is offline  
Old 05-17-19, 07:51 PM
  #42  
MileHIFcar
Lexus Champion
 
MileHIFcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,964
Received 63 Likes on 57 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jdmek998 View Post
Yea I was apprehensive at first but my headlights were getting worse every time I cleaned them up. The light output is better than stock Xenon. Also did not hurt my wallet as much than going to OEM. So if I can get 2 years out of them I will be happy.

That's good to hear that the light output is better than the OEM low beams at least, I'm just concerned how bad the high beam output is at this point? But it's true they are a lot cheaper than the OEM lights .
MileHIFcar is offline  
Old 05-20-19, 08:22 AM
  #43  
jdmek998
Driver
 
jdmek998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: FL
Posts: 138
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mk416 View Post
Did you ever apply clear coating after you polished? If you don't do that, the "cleaning" will only last a few months under UV.
Yes I did. It had tiny spider cracks from being old and FL sun destroying the plastic.
jdmek998 is offline  
Old Yesterday, 04:44 PM
  #44  
F_Throttle
Lead Lap
 
F_Throttle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: ca
Posts: 440
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default

Can anyone confirm if the LEDs are replaceable in case it burns out?
F_Throttle is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: