IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Pricing Help on 2012 ISF

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-17, 03:30 PM
Drok149
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by spacexmase
I hope so. I'm finally going to meet the seller tomorrow morning.

I still have to get my private party loan approved, but he did not provide the VIN yet.

49k still seems like a bit much when this 2k11 sold for 40 https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...-on-white.html
and this one sold for 42 https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...lexus-isf.html

I guess they are outliers, but can there really be 2 outliers in 1 month lol.

I suppose they are 2011 and not 2012. I am just trying to justify my reasoning. Please excuse my rant.
I just paid 43k for my SFP/ red interior 2012 with 33k miles over the weekend. A few factors came into play for me. First, I live in New England and ISF's are super rare only 3-5 ever for sale at a time (I check the market regularly). Second, I factored in the time to fly out and ship the right car from down south or west. Third, it was a Lexus dealer with a 2 year unlimited mile warranty. I may have over paid by 2-3k but I would have spent close to that between a plane ticket and shipping the car back and that's if the first car I flew out to see was "the one". Overall I'm very happy with the purchase and feel like everything worked out perfectly. Life's too short to nickel and dime every transaction( not implying that you are). For the record I'm not the best negotiator I hate haggling over the price of anything I purchase. I think it comes from being self employed in the restaurant business and dealing with people complaining.
Old 05-25-17, 05:52 PM
spacexmase
Rookie

Originally Posted by Drok149
I just paid 43k for my SFP/ red interior 2012 with 33k miles over the weekend. A few factors came into play for me. First, I live in New England and ISF's are super rare only 3-5 ever for sale at a time (I check the market regularly). Second, I factored in the time to fly out and ship the right car from down south or west. Third, it was a Lexus dealer with a 2 year unlimited mile warranty. I may have over paid by 2-3k but I would have spent close to that between a plane ticket and shipping the car back and that's if the first car I flew out to see was "the one". Overall I'm very happy with the purchase and feel like everything worked out perfectly. Life's too short to nickel and dime every transaction( not implying that you are). For the record I'm not the best negotiator I hate haggling over the price of anything I purchase. I think it comes from being self employed in the restaurant business and dealing with people complaining.
Wow! It's awesome to have another person with a similar story. I ended up deciding to purchase a 2012 with 4860 miles from the private party for 48k. I will have to pay California taxes which is about 7.5% (~$2300). I think I will have to pay for license fees and a few others. We agreed on the price today and it is scheduled for a smog check first thing in the morning. We will go to AAA Auto Club to complete the transaction.

I paid the premium for the mileage I guess.

Thanks for your input. BTW I know your struggles in the food industry. Cheers! I hope to be a part of the IS-F family tomorrow morning.
Old 05-25-17, 05:54 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Wow! It's awesome to have another person with a similar story. I ended up deciding to purchase a 2012 with 4860 miles from the private party for 48k. I will have to pay California taxes which is about 7.5% (~$2300). I think I will have to pay for license fees and a few others. We agreed on the price today and it is scheduled for a smog check first thing in the morning. We will go to AAA Auto Club to complete the transaction.
Congrats and post some photos when you get a chance.
Old 05-25-17, 06:26 PM
Drok149
11 Second Club

Thanks for your input. BTW I know your struggles in the food industry. Cheers! I hope to be a part of the IS-F family tomorrow morning.
congrats! Definitely post up some pics!
Old 05-25-17, 06:56 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts

Congrats! As long as you're happy with your purchase, who cares what others think about price. Money comes and goes but your satisfaction is priceless!
The following users liked this post:
spacexmase (11-09-17)
Old 05-25-17, 07:08 PM
Drizell
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I would do no more than 35k, n finance the rest if possible. Giving up less upfront could mean more appreciation for the vehicle.
giving up more can slowly lead you to buyers remorse, only cause you knew you coulda got a better deal.
Overall its still a LEX ISF. U get both sides of the coin on this post ;0
Old 05-26-17, 06:43 AM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Drizell
I would do no more than 35k, n finance the rest if possible. Giving up less upfront could mean more appreciation for the vehicle.
giving up more can slowly lead you to buyers remorse, only cause you knew you coulda got a better deal.
I usually try to figure out what monthly payments I'm comfortable with and then use a car loan calculator.

That's my opinion on this matter. I bought my IS-F new, I got $9,000 on a Honda Accord I traded in, and added $17,000 cash. Financed the rest, 84 months loan @ 2.875%, monthly payment came to $552.

I don't feel he will have buyer's remorse if the car is clean and runs good, AND he's comfortable with his monthly payments.

Last edited by 2URGSE; 05-26-17 at 06:51 AM.
Old 05-26-17, 07:44 PM
spacexmase
Rookie

Here she is on Day 1. Well, Day 1 for me as the owner.

Welcome Home!
I drove about 50 miles today.
The following users liked this post:
Drizell (05-27-17)
Old 05-27-17, 05:32 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Congrats bro!!! Wishing you many more happy miles!!!

V.
Old 05-27-17, 09:28 AM
Drizell
Driver

OMG she is a BEAST!!!
Happy Miles on the Road.
Old 05-27-17, 10:26 AM
spacexmase
Rookie

Even after 5 years, she still has the new car smell.

However, when driving without A/C and the fan on, it gets stuffy and there is a mild stench. Could this be the air filter?
Old 05-28-17, 05:10 AM
Drizell
Driver

hmm, I noticed a Trend of this topic. My IS250 does the same thing. Its all the leather seating and a bit of plastic parts in ac componets. My Honda coupe did the same thing. Depending how hot it is can be worse. Lift the hood and spray something where the air sucks in at in the top area where the hood latch is to open it. Cant pay all that money for the Whip yet it smells like toddlers feet.
Old 05-28-17, 06:36 AM
kolyan
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Even after 5 years, she still has the new car smell.

However, when driving without A/C and the fan on, it gets stuffy and there is a mild stench. Could this be the air filter?
Same on my wife's is350 with new filter. Some plastics smell or something...comes and goes, never had it in any of my cars before

Last edited by kolyan; 05-28-17 at 09:20 AM.
Old 05-28-17, 08:44 AM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Good find and good score and as long as you are happy, that is all that matters because it is your money. It is not like there are a ton of well-kept; or not-so-well-kept ISF's popping up for sale all over so for one with those miles, my opinion is you did well.

Now go put some miles on her and drive the ISF like it was meant to be driven!