IS 350 tires - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

IS 350 tires

Old 01-29-19, 02:45 PM
mpbIS350
Driver School Candidate

Default IS 350 tires

Hello all. Any recommendations on tires for IS 350 f sport? I prefer a tire that would reduce road noise/be quieter over pure performance. Thx
Old 01-29-19, 03:25 PM
NickCaesar
Rookie

Originally Posted by mpbIS350 View Post
Hello all. Any recommendations on tires for IS 350 f sport? I prefer a tire that would reduce road noise/be quieter over pure performance. Thx
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...new-tires.html
The Following User Says Thank You to NickCaesar For This Useful Post:
mpbIS350 (01-29-19)
Old 01-29-19, 08:36 PM
TOPENDMS
Sponsor

Continental DWS06

TOP END Motorsports
- The next level of style and performance ..

Lexus Parts Catalog .. Shop Now!
GS4 2013+ IS3 2014+ LS4 2013-17 LS5 2018+

☆ ☆ ☆ We sell AIMGAIN Japan Aero Kits and Wheels ☆ ☆ ☆
The Following User Says Thank You to TOPENDMS For This Useful Post:
ShrinkDoc (02-10-19)
Old 01-30-19, 06:47 AM
SaeedSH
Driver School Candidate

Avoid Dunlop tires... 😀
They slip and don't brake well
Old 02-01-19, 02:29 PM
VisualEcho
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TOPENDMS View Post
Continental DWS06
This. Super quiet, great wearing, great performance, great price. I've had several sets on several cars and loved them all.

The Following User Says Thank You to VisualEcho For This Useful Post:
ShrinkDoc (02-10-19)
Old 02-10-19, 07:30 PM
ShrinkDoc
Pole Position

Agree with above comment. have used both the DWS06 and the Continental PureContact on Lexus and Infiniti, both are exceptional.
Old 02-10-19, 07:52 PM
Chazzer96
Driver School Candidate

Would you guys suggest the DWS06 or the Firehawk Indy 500s? I live in California so it "rarely" rains although lately seems to rain everyday lol.
Old 02-10-19, 08:20 PM
HOMER350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Chazzer96 View Post
Would you guys suggest the DWS06 or the Firehawk Indy 500s? I live in California so it "rarely" rains although lately seems to rain everyday lol.
I don't have experience with the Firehawks but they look like they probably handle really well! But they're also much softer and will not last as long.
Looks like good performance for the price...but short lived.
Old 02-10-19, 08:32 PM
Chazzer96
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by HOMER350 View Post
I don't have experience with the Firehawks but they look like they probably handle really well! But they're also much softer and will not last as long.
Looks like good performance for the price...but short lived.
Ah I see, I heard that they handle really well but that not really my interest as I'm not tracking the car lol. I was going to go with the Michelin AS3+ but heard they have really bad road noise during high speed like around 70. So might just go with the DWS06.
Old 02-11-19, 04:26 AM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

I had the Michelins and found the road noise at highway speed intolerable. I have the Continentals and agree with others that the DWS is a good choice.
Old 02-11-19, 09:21 AM
arentz07
Lexus Champion

Ah I see, I heard that they handle really well but that not really my interest as I'm not tracking the car lol. I was going to go with the Michelin AS3+ but heard they have really bad road noise during high speed like around 70. So might just go with the DWS06.
I drove a friend's IS 350 with the DWS06 installed, and I found the tires to feel a bit "soft" but definitely quieter than my setup. I am running the BFGoodrich Comp-2 A/S, and it's a bit sportier than the Continentals, and cheaper. However, there's slightly more road noise. I wouldn't call it unbearable on the highway, though - and on some surfaces, it's quieter than the OEM tires were. Depends on your priorities as to what you should get. If more comfort-focused, the Continentals seem appropriate. If you want a little better performance, the Michelin or BFGoodrich tires will be a better choice.
Old 02-12-19, 11:34 AM
itsx
Driver

Firehawks are awesome tires from the performance standpoint, I think they're rebranded Bridgestone RE003s.
I like them, they're reasonably affordable, they perform well for spirited driving from my personal experience, but i cannot comment on how well they wear.
My friend who runs them dogs on them every chance he gets, and I just put a fresh set on my girlfriends A3, replacing her contiprocontacts. I think they're plenty quiet.

I bought the tires directly from firestone, and they do offer a military discounts. Was able to get that with their lifetime alignment on the A3 as well.

If it were for my weekend grocery getter/daily commuter, I'd get the cheaper of the 2, and think about trying the other when it's time to replace the tires again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: