ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-3rd-gen-2014-present-249/)
-   -   IS 350 tires (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-3rd-gen-2014-present/910253-is-350-tires.html)

mpbIS350 01-29-19 01:45 PM

IS 350 tires

Hello all. Any recommendations on tires for IS 350 f sport? I prefer a tire that would reduce road noise/be quieter over pure performance. Thx

NickCaesar 01-29-19 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by mpbIS350 (Post 10424083)
Hello all. Any recommendations on tires for IS 350 f sport? I prefer a tire that would reduce road noise/be quieter over pure performance. Thx

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...new-tires.html

TOPENDMS 01-29-19 07:36 PM

Continental DWS06

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clu...10a83d93b9.jpg

SaeedSH 01-30-19 05:47 AM

Avoid Dunlop tires... 😀
They slip and don't brake well

VisualEcho 02-01-19 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by TOPENDMS (Post 10424411)
Continental DWS06

This. Super quiet, great wearing, great performance, great price. I've had several sets on several cars and loved them all.
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clu...414db78ef7.jpg

ShrinkDoc 02-10-19 06:30 PM

Agree with above comment. have used both the DWS06 and the Continental PureContact on Lexus and Infiniti, both are exceptional.

Chazzer96 02-10-19 06:52 PM

Would you guys suggest the DWS06 or the Firehawk Indy 500s? I live in California so it "rarely" rains although lately seems to rain everyday lol.

HOMER350 02-10-19 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Chazzer96 (Post 10436263)
Would you guys suggest the DWS06 or the Firehawk Indy 500s? I live in California so it "rarely" rains although lately seems to rain everyday lol.

I don't have experience with the Firehawks but they look like they probably handle really well! But they're also much softer and will not last as long.
Looks like good performance for the price...but short lived.

Chazzer96 02-10-19 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by HOMER350 (Post 10436297)
I don't have experience with the Firehawks but they look like they probably handle really well! But they're also much softer and will not last as long.
Looks like good performance for the price...but short lived.

Ah I see, I heard that they handle really well but that not really my interest as I'm not tracking the car lol. I was going to go with the Michelin AS3+ but heard they have really bad road noise during high speed like around 70. So might just go with the DWS06.

CtSFox 02-11-19 03:26 AM

I had the Michelins and found the road noise at highway speed intolerable. I have the Continentals and agree with others that the DWS is a good choice.

arentz07 02-11-19 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Chazzer96 (Post 10436309)
Ah I see, I heard that they handle really well but that not really my interest as I'm not tracking the car lol. I was going to go with the Michelin AS3+ but heard they have really bad road noise during high speed like around 70. So might just go with the DWS06.

I drove a friend's IS 350 with the DWS06 installed, and I found the tires to feel a bit "soft" but definitely quieter than my setup. I am running the BFGoodrich Comp-2 A/S, and it's a bit sportier than the Continentals, and cheaper. However, there's slightly more road noise. I wouldn't call it unbearable on the highway, though - and on some surfaces, it's quieter than the OEM tires were. Depends on your priorities as to what you should get. If more comfort-focused, the Continentals seem appropriate. If you want a little better performance, the Michelin or BFGoodrich tires will be a better choice.

itsx 02-12-19 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Chazzer96 (Post 10436263)

Firehawks are awesome tires from the performance standpoint, I think they're rebranded Bridgestone RE003s.
I like them, they're reasonably affordable, they perform well for spirited driving from my personal experience, but i cannot comment on how well they wear.
My friend who runs them dogs on them every chance he gets, and I just put a fresh set on my girlfriends A3, replacing her contiprocontacts. I think they're plenty quiet.

I bought the tires directly from firestone, and they do offer a military discounts. Was able to get that with their lifetime alignment on the A3 as well.

If it were for my weekend grocery getter/daily commuter, I'd get the cheaper of the 2, and think about trying the other when it's time to replace the tires again.

sunamer 03-31-19 11:34 PM

Visited Lexus dealer on the weekend (schedulled maintenance). The service guy told me that he is pleased to see that I am driving the car as it should be driven. He told me that my rear tires (dws06) on my RWD 350 are almost completely gone...after only 8k miles of driving. Continental state that the treadwear warranty for my configuration will be 25k miles. I might get 1-2k more miles if lucky, so I will try to file a warranty claim.

Dws06 were good (especially during winter time), but they are a bit too soft and take away the immediacy of the steering response.
i am actually thinking of getting summer tires...or at least, get A/S ones with a stiffer side wall.

arentz07 04-01-19 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by sunamer (Post 10480403)
Visited Lexus dealer on the weekend (schedulled maintenance). The service guy told me that he is pleased to see that I am driving the car as it should be driven. He told me that my rear tires (dws06) on my RWD 350 are almost completely gone...after only 8k miles of driving. Continental state that the treadwear warranty for my configuration will be 25k miles. I might get 1-2k more miles if lucky, so I will try to file a warranty claim.

Dws06 were good (especially during winter time), but they are a bit too soft and take away the immediacy of the steering response.
i am actually thinking of getting summer tires...or at least, get A/S ones with a stiffer side wall.

I mean I figured you were a goon, but only 8k miles is pretty impressive. :D

I looked at my BFGs a few weeks ago, after 6k miles, and they seem to be holding up well. I don't think they were awesome in the snow, but they were better than stock in snow with far better dry grip. Definitely a little louder than the DWS06 though.

s3v3n 04-01-19 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by TOPENDMS (Post 10424411)

Are those Avant Garde M240 wheels?