IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Air Oil Seperator

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-18, 02:18 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Originally Posted by Solara350
I'll be an A-s-s for for minute. If you guys don't wanna spend money, DO NOT MOD your CAR, if you want more power buy IS350 or RC-F or Supercharge/Turbo, Oil catch can or any mod can be Customized, how come we could installed one on our 3rd Gen IS350 and you could not ? i spent 15$ bucks on the Can and 20$ bucks on the hose and have one OCC on my IS350 for less than 50$ bucks Canadian$ , my Exhaust is custom made with Cadillac's quad tips and it costs less than 500$ CAD and they both unique ! RR-racing's OOC is reasonable price, they have to make some money too, their product is quality product not cheap **** from Mexico or China plus they had to spend sometime to design to fit Lexus IS, time is money, everything has a price , you guys are cheap and you guys want the best one ? how do you know the benefit is minimal ? have you done a research ? more or less it does help. Knowledge is Power ! Drop by my Shop i'll show you how to Custom make one . Just don't make nonsense excuses and cry like a baby. Seriously how long did you guys start to do Car Mod ?
Slow your roll there partna...no need to take that tone with me!
Number 1: No one is taking about adding power to the car, we are talking OCC's here
Number 2: If you were able to install an OCC for under $50, that's good...nothing wrong with a DIY. And under the hood of a 250 and 350 are not the same. The very upper parts of the engine are different due to the intake and injection systems...so exact mounting and routing might be slightly different.
Number 3: No one was talking about exhaust systems here, so that comment is just out of the blue
Number 4: The RR Racing OCC is expensive by comparison to some other quality ones...I'm not saying it's not of good quality and not worth it, I'm just saying it's expensive IMO. Also in researching OCC's, there are many that when you open them, they are empty, thus rendering them useless. So definitely finding the right product is key.
Number 5: My comment about the benefit being minimal was with regards to it being installed on a 250 vs. a 350. Obviously on a 250 the benefit is greater than a 350 just by engine design. My point was when modding the car I consider cost vs. effort vs. result.
Example: I wouldn't spend the time (effort) and money(cost) to install a turbo that would run 2PSI and give me an extra 15hp(result). The cost and effort far out way the result.
Would I spend $50-$100 on a quality OCC to install on my 250? Absolutely...the cost and effort align perfectly with the result.

A benefit to this thread would have been to link your thread that you started on OCC's some time ago.

I realize a few folks got a little "excited" on this thread, but lets try to focus on the topic at hand.
The following users liked this post:
jkonquer (07-14-18)
Old 07-14-18, 02:59 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
If you're referring to the RR Racing Air Oil Separator, all it is really is an oil catch can.
Would it be beneficial? Sure...it won't hurt anything...especially with a vehicle equipped with direct injection it would be beneficial...so basically 3IS.
This, it isn't really necessary unless you are really pushing the car. Sure, it could help with cleaning the intake. But it isn't a serious or known issue on these cars.

From my experiences with A/O separator and re-circulator is that during a cold climate the lines could get clogged up with oil which turns milky potentially ruining the engine. Sounds like more headache than a solution to a non-existing issue.
Old 07-15-18, 10:27 AM
Solara350
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
Slow your roll there partna...no need to take that tone with me!
Number 1: No one is taking about adding power to the car, we are talking OCC's here
Number 2: If you were able to install an OCC for under $50, that's good...nothing wrong with a DIY. And under the hood of a 250 and 350 are not the same. The very upper parts of the engine are different due to the intake and injection systems...so exact mounting and routing might be slightly different.
Number 3: No one was talking about exhaust systems here, so that comment is just out of the blue
Number 4: The RR Racing OCC is expensive by comparison to some other quality ones...I'm not saying it's not of good quality and not worth it, I'm just saying it's expensive IMO. Also in researching OCC's, there are many that when you open them, they are empty, thus rendering them useless. So definitely finding the right product is key.
Number 5: My comment about the benefit being minimal was with regards to it being installed on a 250 vs. a 350. Obviously on a 250 the benefit is greater than a 350 just by engine design. My point was when modding the car I consider cost vs. effort vs. result.
Example: I wouldn't spend the time (effort) and money(cost) to install a turbo that would run 2PSI and give me an extra 15hp(result). The cost and effort far out way the result.
Would I spend $50-$100 on a quality OCC to install on my 250? Absolutely...the cost and effort align perfectly with the result.

A benefit to this thread would have been to link your thread that you started on OCC's some time ago.

I realize a few folks got a little "excited" on this thread, but lets try to focus on the topic at hand.
Because most of you Do talk a lot but do not know what you guys were talking about !
Thread owner only asked , Does OCC benefit for Lexus IS or not ! yes it does . simple question should get simple answer. you guys don't even had one installed on your cars how could say minimal ? like E46CT never installed but still jumped in here blah blah so did you ? he frustrated with my post and pretended not to understand my English and Flash5 moron blamed on my bad grammars, i've been watching to guys and all you guys did was over talking, If its expensive and takes too much time then why even bother to mod ? i have nothing to against you, i'm just a straight person and i'd like to give examples. You're good at OEM's philosophic but not good at Modification.
Old 07-15-18, 11:10 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 449 Likes on 365 Posts

Lol you’re a joke Solara.
The following users liked this post:
jkonquer (07-16-18)
Old 07-15-18, 06:40 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Originally Posted by Solara350
Because most of you Do talk a lot but do not know what you guys were talking about !
Thread owner only asked , Does OCC benefit for Lexus IS or not ! yes it does . simple question should get simple answer. you guys don't even had one installed on your cars how could say minimal ? like E46CT never installed but still jumped in here blah blah so did you ? he frustrated with my post and pretended not to understand my English and Flash5 moron blamed on my bad grammars, i've been watching to guys and all you guys did was over talking, If its expensive and takes too much time then why even bother to mod ? i have nothing to against you, i'm just a straight person and i'd like to give examples. You're good at OEM's philosophic but not good at Modification.
Once again you're jumping to conclusions. I never said it was too expensive and takes too much time...I said the RR Racing OCC is too expensive. That's one product out of a million on the market.
And I don't know how long it would take, since I haven't done it on my car...yet. I still have time on the powertrain warranty, so I'm gonna wait til it expires...just in the unfortunate event something goes wrong.

And thanks for letting me know what I know...or don't know. I always wondered what I knew, and now I know.