IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Air Oil Seperator

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-18, 05:47 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Flash5
I don't hate the way you talk, I just can't always understand what you're saying. I really am not trying to be mean, just being honest.
and why are you talking to me right now ? if you don't understand what i say ? lemme state this out, that ETC46 man pretending not to understand my post so he can gets away with what he wrote up there, Oil Catch can does work if you install it correctly, how come it worked for thousand of people out there ? again you guys are not being rude you guys want to be SMART, my English is half Asian Half Caribbean therefore broken and bad grammar sometimes. i apologize for that but i can write perfect grammars if i want to but its just my habit of the way i talk or type. Now i admitted my bad Grammar , is he gonna admit he is wrong on Oil Catch Can ? too much Racist in America nowadays.
Old 07-12-18, 06:47 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Wow first of all I’m Mexican and definitely not racist. If you can’t handle me telling you that it’s hard to understand you because of your grammar then maybe you don’t belong on the forums. Just saying. I tried to understand your first post telling E46CT he was wrong and I couldn’t figure out what you were trying to say to maybe try to explain it differently. Once again I’m not making fun of you I was simply stating a FACT.
Wow Amigo you don't want me to be on this forum just because my English grammar isn't perfect ? you and him don't understand what i was trying to explain is a LIE, read his last sentence, the fact that you guys are Haters, you want me to use Google to do a grammar correction on that post ? now tell me which part of my English's grammar in that post you don't understand ? prove it ? i am glad to fix and learn , don't just offend me like that.

This is not your forum Amigo, Forum's policy does not say Your English have to be perfect to post, if you don't like my post there an option "IGNORE USER" my name, don't jump in and interfere with you radical slurs, if you guys don't understand my ENGLISH you wound't replied at all. This is you ! oh i'm not racist, i'm not making fun of you, i'm not trying to be rude ..... Like i said i apologize for my bad Grammar but i am here to help with some difficult issue that some CL members may has. whatsoever you DO NOT TELL ANY MEMBER that THEY DON'T BELONG HERE.
Old 07-12-18, 06:58 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Anyways!!!!
Speak perfect English but NO KNOWLEDGE eh Amigo ? , too much talk but no action, i'll tell you little about me on this forum, i only BACKFIRE to those whoever talks a lot with useless posts
Old 07-12-18, 07:04 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Go away you’re annoying. How old are you 16?
I don't get it ,you said you don't understand my English and you're keep replying i told you Amigo , i can speak perfect English if i want to LOL

Amo tanto a los mexicanos
Old 07-13-18, 01:32 AM
evident
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

Not sure why Flash5's comments got deleted... but dunno why there's a pissing contest all of a sudden over a ****ing oil catch can. E46 never claimed to install anything so solara i'm not sure why you're going after him.
Old 07-13-18, 02:04 AM
isfvss
Racer

Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

Reading this I think you ALL should grow up before the moderators step in.
Old 07-13-18, 07:55 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,077 Likes on 1,568 Posts

Again, I never installed an oil catch can. That's the point of my post: Leave the oil system stock, no drop in oil level even with hard driving.
Old 07-13-18, 08:02 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 449 Likes on 365 Posts

I deleted them because there was no point in trying to get my point across and they were irrelevant to the thread. Anyways, considering the car is port and direct injected I’m not too worried about the catch can but it would be nice if there was one specific for the IS Turbo just to reduce gunk.
Old 07-13-18, 08:10 AM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

i know its completely different cars but even on my ISF it can be 1/4 full after about 6 months. Mine is a daily driver(no track time) and spirited drive every now and then, definitely works.

But to have a turbo car with no blow-by what so ever, I don't believe that. There is always some, even on a relatively new motor
Old 07-13-18, 08:11 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
Again, I never installed an oil catch can. That's the point of my post: Leave the oil system stock, no drop in oil level even with hard driving.
I think there is some confusion here. The OCC has no relation to losing or burning oil. If the vehicle is not losing or burning oil, or it is, the installation of an OCC would not change that either way.
An OCC is only meant to capture the oil that would have been vented back into the intake from the crankcase.
And if you're wondering why the level doesn't drop if oil is being vented into the intake...well...it's because one of the jobs of engine oil is to trap contaminants (i.e. byproducts of combustion).
As these contaminants are trapped by the oil, the volume of the oil naturally increases (and the color of the oil changes). Of course we are talking amounts here that will not have any dramatic effect on a dipstick reading.
Old 07-13-18, 11:39 AM
Solara350
Instructor

Originally Posted by E46CT
Like i said, i apologize for my bad grammars, sometimes i rush typing, therefore bad grammar and misspelling, to make this clear ! what i meant in the 1st sentence, "Unless you installed wrong" and my argument was, i am sure you will get dirt oil drops in Oil Catch Can if you installed it correctly and they worked on all my cars. "i did not mean to say you have installed one" its just a missing word that makes people misunderstanding.
Originally Posted by evident
Not sure why Flash5's comments got deleted... but dunno why there's a pissing contest all of a sudden over a ****ing oil catch can. E46 never claimed to install anything so solara i'm not sure why you're going after him.
The misunderstanding is between me and E46CT , Flash5 came in and blah blah, he deleted his posts himself because he fell guilty on radical slurs and it doesn't make sense at all , he claims that because of my bad Grammar and Bad Grammar DON'T BELONG on THIS FORUM , i quote his post read it, it was a totally different argument made up by Flash5, this is a Lexus Car forum not ESL or Grammar SCHOOL am i right ? not sure why you asked and he has no rights to tell Members they don't belong here because of bad English's grammar ! i speak multi-language and i thanks for those who do correction, i'm gladly to learn but hate and racist are not accepted in North America ! and the fact that most of you Immigrants are RACIST in America and blamed it on American and Donald Trump, thats why he wants to Build the Mexican Wall ! Like Flash5 saying, i'm not trying to be rude but you guys talked like uneducated fool, don't wanna admit the truth and blamed on something else to get away from it. If Oil catch Can will not benefit then why they engineered it ?

Last edited by Solara350; 07-13-18 at 07:30 PM.
Old 07-13-18, 11:50 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 449 Likes on 365 Posts

Honestly I think an oil catch can probably ultimately benefits direct injected only engines the most. While it won’t completely solve carbon deposits, it would slow down the build up. I’m sure it’s not worth it if it’s port injected as well unless the oil catch can is priced low.
Old 07-13-18, 11:51 AM
Solara350
Instructor

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
I think there is some confusion here. The OCC has no relation to losing or burning oil. If the vehicle is not losing or burning oil, or it is, the installation of an OCC would not change that either way.
An OCC is only meant to capture the oil that would have been vented back into the intake from the crankcase.
And if you're wondering why the level doesn't drop if oil is being vented into the intake...well...it's because one of the jobs of engine oil is to trap contaminants (i.e. byproducts of combustion).
As these contaminants are trapped by the oil, the volume of the oil naturally increases (and the color of the oil changes). Of course we are talking amounts here that will not have any dramatic effect on a dipstick reading.
Sorry bro, i'm going to borrow your post for a bit !

No offend but these guys has no knowledge at all, no matter how we've explained to them, we're trying to share idea and helping but looks like most of them wanna be a Smart-*** or outsmart someone, i don't think he knows what you're talking about Bro, i think it's their 1st Luxury car. My English isn't perfect but i know what i'm talking about. I'm done with this forum bro

And i really admire you Sasnuke, you talk but you have real knowledge !
Old 07-13-18, 12:40 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Honestly I think an oil catch can probably ultimately benefits direct injected only engines the most. While it won’t completely solve carbon deposits, it would slow down the build up. I’m sure it’s not worth it if it’s port injected as well unless the oil catch can is priced low.
Agreed with you...direct injection would see the greatest benefit from it. After that it really comes down to engine design, etc. as to whether the benefit would be there.
Also placement could be an issue if you don't have the room under the hood...so why kill yourself to make it fit, and then the benefit is minimal.
The following users liked this post:
Flash5 (07-13-18)
Old 07-13-18, 09:20 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
Agreed with you...direct injection would see the greatest benefit from it. After that it really comes down to engine design, etc. as to whether the benefit would be there.
Also placement could be an issue if you don't have the room under the hood...so why kill yourself to make it fit, and then the benefit is minimal.
I'll be an A-s-s for for minute. If you guys don't wanna spend money, DO NOT MOD your CAR, if you want more power buy IS350 or RC-F or Supercharge/Turbo, Oil catch can or any mod can be Customized, how come we could installed one on our 3rd Gen IS350 and you could not ? i spent 15$ bucks on the Can and 20$ bucks on the hose and have one OCC on my IS350 for less than 50$ bucks Canadian$ , my Exhaust is custom made with Cadillac's quad tips and it costs less than 500$ CAD and they both unique ! RR-racing's OOC is reasonable price, they have to make some money too, their product is quality product not cheap **** from Mexico or China plus they had to spend sometime to design to fit Lexus IS, time is money, everything has a price , you guys are cheap and you guys want the best one ? how do you know the benefit is minimal ? have you done a research ? more or less it does help. Knowledge is Power ! Drop by my Shop i'll show you how to Custom make one . Just don't make nonsense excuses and cry like a baby. Seriously how long did you guys start to do Car Mod ?

Quick Reply: Air Oil Seperator