Another LED turn signals for 3IS

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-17, 05:57 PM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by MatrixPC
The one I have look like this image
and the description: YITAMOTOR 2 X 7443 15W High Power Projector LED Bulbs Turn Signal Amber/Yellow Light 1400LM
The link on Amazon no longer work (it goes to some ****ty festoon bulb).
The link I posted looks exactly the same as your bulbs. Listed on Amazon as JDM ASTAR as the company. Thanks for the help no worries just need to do a little extra work than planned.
Old 06-13-17, 07:48 PM
r2digital
Rookie

Received 23 Likes on 5 Posts

do your selves a favor and go with the load resistor and solder it into the 7440 bulb harness. the plug and play load resistor doesn't fit well and water could get into your tail light or headlight. i just did these in the tail lights of my is350 along with the yellow jdm astar led bulbs and it looks amazing. unfortunately i didn't take any pics of the install of my car. but i did take before and after pics of a botched load resistor / led turn signals and drl setup on a 2014 acura tl before and after

Note: to those installing in the tail lights you can solder directly to the tail light plug which is located directly underneath the light and behind the trunk trim. green with yellow stripe is positive and black is negative for the turn signal

Last edited by r2digital; 06-13-17 at 07:53 PM.
Old 06-17-17, 07:24 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Ok so I installed a single load resistor in the rear and have the rear LED's working perfect. I did have to remove the front LED's. I dont want to put resistor's in the engine bay. I like them in the trunk where I could secure them to the metal chasis.

I tried to attached 2 resistor's together in the rear to add 1 for each bulb that way but it was a fail. Not sure why. But also not very electrically educated.
Old 06-17-17, 10:47 AM
goldengame
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How did you guys get the tail light assembly off? I took off the two bolts holding it in and tried to shimmy it outwards towards the back of the car, but it wouldn't move. Didn't wanna break a clip or end up scratching the car so I gave up for now.
Old 06-17-17, 11:07 AM
Matroushi
Pit Crew

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by goldengame
How did you guys get the tail light assembly off? I took off the two bolts holding it in and tried to shimmy it outwards towards the back of the car, but it wouldn't move. Didn't wanna break a clip or end up scratching the car so I gave up for now.
You have to push it towards the center of the vehicle as you're pushing it towards the back. Check your owner's manual for pictures. It does take quite a bit of force. DO tape the paint around the tail light assembly to prevent any scratches.
Old 06-17-17, 11:09 AM
r2digital
Rookie

each led turn signal needs its own load resistor. it tricks the computer into seeing a 50 watt load since leds use significantly less power. this is why if you don't use a load resistor you get the hyper flash. the computer thinks the bulb is out. to get dvd tail light off you need to remove the two bolts and you need to push on the outer side of the light s little bit and then pull it towards you
Old 06-19-17, 06:02 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by r2digital
each led turn signal needs its own load resistor. it tricks the computer into seeing a 50 watt load since leds use significantly less power. this is why if you don't use a load resistor you get the hyper flash. the computer thinks the bulb is out. to get dvd tail light off you need to remove the two bolts and you need to push on the outer side of the light s little bit and then pull it towards you
I understand how it works.

But if the blinkers are all on one circuit there is nothing saying that I must put the front blinker resistor in the front. Am I correct? I'd like to install them both in the trunk area. I'm just not sure how that should work. Or maybe I could get a larger resistor. a 100w? I don't want to put resistor's in the engine bay.
Old 06-19-17, 08:11 AM
r2digital
Rookie

i suppose if you ran thick enough wire to the trunk or another area you could relocate the load resistors as long as you tap into the correct turn signal wires.. i defintely don't recommend using a 100 w load resistor for both front turn signals. the 50 w gets extremely hot in a short period of time so i could only imagine what the temp of a 100w would rise to
Old 06-19-17, 08:23 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by r2digital
i suppose if you ran thick enough wire to the trunk or another area you could relocate the load resistors as long as you tap into the correct turn signal wires.. i defintely don't recommend using a 100 w load resistor for both front turn signals. the 50 w gets extremely hot in a short period of time so i could only imagine what the temp of a 100w would rise to
To get on the same page. What I meant was. There is a single circuit for each side of the car. Front and Rear blinker is on the same circuit. Not both front blinkers on a single circuit.