IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Wife borrowed car without asking and...

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-15, 06:05 PM
larryv
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

She ripped off my front lip and totally scratched it? You must have done something to her!
Old 09-20-15, 06:12 PM
brendanf
Advanced

Received 148 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by larryv
She ripped off my front lip and totally scratched it? You must have done something to her!
Perhaps the car was getting more attention then her..
Old 09-20-15, 11:04 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Aron9000
Like I said, you have serious trust issues in your relationship. If your wife cannot respect the pride you take in your car, she does not respect you. Curbing a wheel, taking out the front bumper, if every time she drives your car she damages it, well then the first time she ****ed up she should know to never driver your car again.

I bet she is ****ing your best friend. Now I'm just kidding about the ****ing part, but if she disrespects you so much to injure your car every time she drives it, well she isn't entirely trustworthy IMO. If she knew she was a hazard on the road, then she wouldn't driver your car to start with.
Dude, really harsh. Dial it back.
Old 09-21-15, 01:16 AM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Aron9000
Like I said, you have serious trust issues in your relationship. If your wife cannot respect the pride you take in your car, she does not respect you. Curbing a wheel, taking out the front bumper, if every time she drives your car she damages it, well then the first time she ****ed up she should know to never driver your car again.

I bet she is ****ing your best friend. Now I'm just kidding about the ****ing part, but if she disrespects you so much to injure your car every time she drives it, well she isn't entirely trustworthy IMO. If she knew she was a hazard on the road, then she wouldn't driver your car to start with.
This has to be to the most insulting post I've read in this forum. Calm the ***k down bro. It's just a lip that can be repaired. You're getting way too personal about this minor issue. Trust issues really? Lol.

Last edited by 3ISRC; 09-21-15 at 09:18 AM.
Old 09-21-15, 02:34 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by 3ISRC
This has to be to the most insulting post I've read in this forum. Calm the ***k down bro. It's just a lip that can be repaired. Your getting way too personal about this minor issue. Trust issues really? Lol.
Since Aron9000 jumped to that conclusion so quickly, he probably has some major trust issues in his relationships.

To the OP, even though you probably already dealt with it:
I care a lot about my car like you, but a car is just an object and can be easily repaired or replaced. I agree with others in that better communication is needed, and I know it might be difficult since you're probably furious, but try to handle it gently. Don't let something like this ruin your relationship. Look at all the positive reasons why you married her and I bet they'll outweigh this. Talk to her, get it fixed, and move on. Who knows...play your cards right and you might "get some" tonight.

Last edited by dchar; 09-21-15 at 02:38 AM.
Old 09-21-15, 05:05 AM
EthanV
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I was you I will let her drive more when you guys go out together.The more she drive the more she get comfortable and get good at handle it and Im serious! You should train her to drive a lower car and you wont have to worry for the rest of your life about it.My brother taught my sister in law to drive a stick shift and they can share their cars. If you dont let her of course when she steal the key from you she wont get used to deal with your car at all. Haizzzz.

Last edited by EthanV; 09-21-15 at 05:13 AM.
Old 09-21-15, 05:32 AM
PANICiii
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 3ISRC
This has to be to the most insulting post I've read in this forum. Calm the ***k down bro. It's just a lip that can be repaired. Your getting way too personal about this minor issue. Trust issues really? Lol.
lol.. I see you are pretty new to this community. Hang on!!
Old 09-21-15, 09:20 AM
cp2
Racer

Received 326 Likes on 195 Posts

some of these posts are funny to me. you can tell who's married or in a REAL relationship and who's not. i know some of the stuff posted are meant to be jokes or to make light of the subject, but I believe there are some that are true to what they wrote. but back to the subject....

to op, I'm sorry to hear that happened and it's bound to happen. although things could've went smoother in every aspect. the only issue I had with the situation is that she didn't tell you about it. I find it hard to believe that she didn't know, but then again I'm not her. if she did know, it would've been nice to have been aware out of courtesy. I'm sure (hope) that everything is resolved by now. get it repaired when can and move on. I feel you though...at the end, your relationship will outlast your car.
Old 09-21-15, 11:39 AM
aritweets
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can we at least have a photo? THIS IS SUCH A TEASE
Old 09-21-15, 09:41 PM
srt1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by aritweets
Can we at least have a photo? THIS IS SUCH A TEASE
Bro what's wrong with a tease.................
of course it's not ghey! Lol
Old 09-22-15, 05:24 AM
waleedj3is
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Women wont ever understand the dynamics of a low car. It's always best to explain the things she should avoid when driving your car and it's also a good idea to give her some practice sessions in your car, so she gets used to it. But end of the day relationships are much greater than material objects. We all love our cars but be glad that it was just a lip that got hurt, not your wife.
Old 09-22-15, 05:39 AM
doodlebug
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by waleedj3is
Women wont ever understand the dynamics of a low car.
Old 09-22-15, 06:11 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Originally Posted by srt1
Bro what's wrong with a tease.................
of course it's not ghey! Lol
Originally Posted by waleedj3is
Women wont ever understand the dynamics of a low car. It's always best to explain the things she should avoid when driving your car and it's also a good idea to give her some practice sessions in your car, so she gets used to it. But end of the day relationships are much greater than material objects. We all love our cars but be glad that it was just a lip that got hurt, not your wife.
Ok enough of the cursing, misogynistic and homophobic comments.