IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2021 IS350 F-Sport Front Bumper Conversion Fitted **PICS**

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-22, 09:36 AM
james250
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ahmed24
This is something that is bugging me at the moment too. You got anymore forward and slightly angled shots? It's hard to judge by the photos you posted. We need lots of photos
I think I prefer how @DownUnder has done it. Yes fair enough there may be a little bit of issue with how the hood meets the bumper but gloss blacking it out to create an illusion I think loses the wow factor to a certain extent. Like @DownUnder 's one look really good and having that body coloured top bar makes the grille and car look like it's sitting much lower. Just my personal opinion ​​​​​​

​​​​​
Old 01-25-22, 10:27 AM
lockedlex
Intermediate

Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by james250
I think I prefer how @DownUnder has done it. Yes fair enough there may be a little bit of issue with how the hood meets the bumper but gloss blacking it out to create an illusion I think loses the wow factor to a certain extent. Like @DownUnder 's one look really good and having that body coloured top bar makes the grille and car look like it's sitting much lower. Just my personal opinion ​​​​​​

​​​​​
But by that same logic, installing this grill on a "black" car would also reduce its "wow factor" LOL. And I think it looks great on that black car that's been posted here. To each his own, I guess?
Old 01-25-22, 10:32 AM
lockedlex
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sinister2c
I didn't even know Car-Act had the option of the front camera and all gloss grills or no washer holes. When I ordered they only said they had washer hole version and didn't know the outer grills would be not painted. For the camera mount, didn't even know that was offered on this car, kind of wish I had that for the ability to add a camera. Scott got the same as me. I order 3rd week of October.

I'm wondering if they got another supplier or mold for the bumper/grills later.

I recall giving them feedback that 90%of the USDM cars don't have headlight washers, maybe the decided to not waste the time making that hole.
I think I ordered mine 10/10 of last year. Originally they were going to send me the bumper you have and I was already figuring out ways to work around the washer hole and painting the outside grills. Then they said they shipped off this version of the bumper instead and would that be OK? And I was very happy with the changes. It ended up being less work than I was planning on and having all 3 grills painted the same made things easier.

Old 01-25-22, 11:08 AM
james250
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lockedlex
But by that same logic, installing this grill on a "black" car would also reduce its "wow factor" LOL. And I think it looks great on that black car that's been posted here. To each his own, I guess?
Definately a case of to each his own that's the world of mods, everyone has different taste. But I do agree the black one does look good but that's also because the entire front end is black so looks so much more stealthy. Whereas on a brighter colour doing that top section in black just throws it off for my taste that is But nevertheless, still looks really good
Old 01-26-22, 10:37 AM
lockedlex
Intermediate

I do miss having foglights, but it seems to be a trend that many cars don't have separate foglights (or any) anymore. I'm hoping someone develops a LED Foglight kit.

LOL, got gas yesterday and someone driving a new (temp plates) IS300 asked if it was a new Lexus coupe! I told them nope, it's a 7 year old ISC and it's actually a convertible. Had to prove to them it wasn't a coupe by showing the cut lines on the roof. He said he didn't even know it came in a convertible.
Old 01-27-22, 10:57 AM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Received 771 Likes on 673 Posts

Originally Posted by sinister2c
Just got my shipment this week took almost 3 months from ordering to showing up.

YouTube video review of the bare bumper is up.
https://youtu.be/_zsScP4xAXQ

Sitting in the sun to let the mold straighten out after 3 months in the crate.

Haven’t snapped the grill it yet. It takes like 23 screws (not included).

Unfortunately the side vents aren’t gloss paint matched to grill like OEM, will need your painter to take care of that.

In front of my 2014 conversion.

Washer holes, they provide a plug, but will be having mine filled.

Center is copy of the 2021 mold.

Grill painted gloss black.

Emblem is 2021 specific, older ones don’t match the holes. Size same but screw and tabs different.

Comes with all the factory mount tabs and holes. Much better than my 2014 conversion.
This looks really good. I'm getting really tempted to do this.
The following users liked this post:
MrHarris (06-06-22)
Old 01-27-22, 11:24 PM
DownUnder
Intermediate

Received 766 Likes on 216 Posts

Good to see others getting their bumper conversions on! They are slowly becoming more popular as people receive them from the long wait overseas.

I have posted these photos in the 2IS picture thread, but figured it would be good to post them here too:

The following users liked this post:
AMIRZA786 (01-28-22)
Old 04-11-22, 11:11 AM
sinister2c
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 139 Posts

Just finished my bumper project. Got it back from paint and slapped it on. Will wait a few months to wetsand and buff to get some of the orange peel out.
OEM Obsidian Black with Graphite Grey Pearl Grills (1IS color). YouTube Video Posted.

Old 04-13-22, 07:17 AM
VTOWNLEXUS
Driver School Candidate

For those of us that have the fog lights like on the 2011 IS, what do you do about the fog lights on this new 4IS grill with no fog lights location?
Old 04-15-22, 11:26 AM
604GSE21
Instructor

Received 343 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by VTOWNLEXUS
For those of us that have the fog lights like on the 2011 IS, what do you do about the fog lights on this new 4IS grill with no fog lights location?
you can probably convert to LED strips or drill some holes on the bumper and put small LED Lights...
Old 04-18-22, 12:39 AM
lockedlex
Intermediate

Really Digging this Mod. I also retrofitted "running lights" where the fog lights usually go, using an LED strip and 3D printed a cover for it.

Old 04-27-22, 04:26 PM
Tarikh21
Driver School Candidate

Smile

Originally Posted by ahmed24
Mine has taken a long time because of the pandemic. Was originally supposed to take 2 months by sea then because in the UK we've got big congestion at the ports and no further freight vessels from China were heading to UK, the logistics freight company sent it by road through Russia. It finally arrived in UK on Friday so I am hoping any day now I should receive it It's been just over 3 months since it was shipped. Over a month overdue lol.

There were a few reasons I didn't opt to go for the Car-Act version. Firstly, the cost of the bumper itself was $700 plus $820 total: $1,520. Although each additional bumper the shipping cost only increases by a very small amount. So the savings is in the bulk buy. Whereas the guys I bought it from, the bumper was $320 and shipping was $710. Much more reasonable priced and the side vent covers all match the glossness of the centre grille.

The front facing camera mounting point is a plus too. Originally i was planning to mount a front facing camera that I can view the image on my Grom VL2. But giving it some thought got me thinking when will I even use that lol. A more practicle use for the front facing camera I was thinking would be to mount a dashcam. I found those Android based dashcam systems designed for motorbikes where the camera is on it's own and the controller box sits elswhere. So in my case I am thinking to connect that via the Grom. That way I get nice front view recordings. Just an idea. Would be happy to get some opinions on this
Hey Ahmed24, really interested in knowing where you'd got the bumper from esp. at that price, would you mind sharing a link? Thanks.
Old 05-04-22, 08:40 PM
itsadolfoo
1st Gear

Default Was your gap between your hood and the bumper this bad?

Originally Posted by lockedlex
I ended up ordering one about 3 months ago, I was in the process of wrapping my ISC in Satin Pearl White Vinyl and figured this would save me a trip to the paint shop. I really prefer the 4IS over the 3IS look. My main issue with this bumper was the bumper to hood alignment, which just seemed a little off to me. To work around that, I simply wrapped the top of the bumper with black glossy vinyl. This way, it's the hood cutoff you're looking at, not the bumper to hood alignment.

I also opted to vinyl wrap it so when I sell the car in 2-3 years, I could sell the bumper separately (pretty much it'll be "new"). I give credit to CARACT, they were easy to work with and very communicative. They also took care of me on a few items, since my car comes with both Parking Sensors and DRCC. The general alignment is pretty spot on and it's hard to tell this is aftermarket. Amazingly, on my 2014, I didn't have to trim anything. I did add some mounting points for the front fender liner to the bumper, but that was it. It was pretty much bolt on.

I also opted for this version since I prefer the glossy look for all 3 grills, I don't have (and hate) headlight washers and I might find a use for that extra front camera space

DRCC location, just fit perfectly behind the Emblem.

I just wrapped the front parking sensors with high gloss black vinyl and put them in the grill. I have to say, they are slightly more functional on the edges (stock location), but for now I'll see how this works for me.

Here's the part I wrapped in vinyl, otherwise it's supposed to be the same color as the bumper.

I honestly feel like it’s the bumper I got or maybe I can heat it up so it can be moved around and adjusted more to the hood? Is it my hood? Any idea?

at a distance the gap isn’t too noticeable

this is the top view, it’s probably an inch gap or less, but it’s noticeable and it’s bothering me.
Attached Thumbnails 2021 IS350 F-Sport Front Bumper Conversion Fitted **PICS**-2154128b-6c3a-46d5-85ea-b54351259de0.jpeg  
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_0530.MOV (13.79 MB, 21 views)
File Type: mov
IMG_0529.MOV (17.52 MB, 11 views)
Old 05-09-22, 12:49 AM
lockedlex
Intermediate

Originally Posted by itsadolfoo
I honestly feel like it’s the bumper I got or maybe I can heat it up so it can be moved around and adjusted more to the hood? Is it my hood? Any idea?

this is the top view, it’s probably an inch gap or less, but it’s noticeable and it’s bothering me.
Omg .. 😳 that looks terrible. No I never had a gap between the bumper and the hood like that. The picture of the top that you referenced from my previous post is how the bumper looked and actually was pretty darn close it was mostly my OCD that decided to trim the top and gloss black.

Is there any chance your shop installed the bumper correctly, or missed parts? If you got it from the same source I did they would be using the same mold which should be perfect in that respect.
Old 05-09-22, 12:52 AM
lockedlex
Intermediate

Originally Posted by itsadolfoo

Looking at your video, it actually looks like you're hood may have had some body work done to it, the front end has some significant deformations. But if your stock bumper aligned then there's no reason why this one should not.

Quick Reply: 2021 IS350 F-Sport Front Bumper Conversion Fitted **PICS**