IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2021 IS350 F-Sport Front Bumper Conversion Fitted **PICS**

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-22, 10:38 AM
timmy0tool

Received 420 Likes on 374 Posts

it's not as prominent on a black colored IS vs your silver one! still a great mod, thanks for sharing your progress!
The following users liked this post:
DownUnder (01-14-22)
Old 01-14-22, 09:47 PM
kuz2fiddy
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[/QUOTE]
Any idea what size wheels he’s running? Looks amazing in my opinion
shutterguy (04-02-22)
Old 01-14-22, 11:27 PM
DownUnder
Intermediate

Received 766 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by kuz2fiddy
Any idea what size wheels he’s running? Looks amazing in my opinion
They are the same wheels as my wife's one. 18x9 all round, +30 front and +28 rear.
Old 01-16-22, 11:15 AM
sinister2c
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 139 Posts

Just got my shipment this week took almost 3 months from ordering to showing up.

YouTube video review of the bare bumper is up.

Sitting in the sun to let the mold straighten out after 3 months in the crate.

Haven’t snapped the grill it yet. It takes like 23 screws (not included).

Unfortunately the side vents aren’t gloss paint matched to grill like OEM, will need your painter to take care of that.

In front of my 2014 conversion.

Washer holes, they provide a plug, but will be having mine filled.

Center is copy of the 2021 mold.

Grill painted gloss black.

Emblem is 2021 specific, older ones don’t match the holes. Size same but screw and tabs different.

Comes with all the factory mount tabs and holes. Much better than my 2014 conversion.
MrHarris (05-20-22)
Old 01-16-22, 11:32 AM
sinister2c
Racer

as Scott mentioned, I’m wondering the difference between your mold and the car-Act one. Yours looks to be better quality from photos. I wish Car-act would have left the grill and side vents separated with the back panel. They plastic welded theirs and also randomly painted stuff they shouldn’t be.

the front camera mount would have been something I wanted.

Originally Posted by ahmed24
Awesome bro. The seller sent me actual photos of the bumper rather than stock photos. Below are some pics. Mine definately has the camera mount above the emblem and he confirmed. Now I need to wait for it to come so i can see what kind of camera i can get to mount.

The triangular cut-out and insert I am assuming is the new tow-hook cover right? that goes to show how wide this grille is. Because original tow cover is on the bumper itself on the 3IS. Love it

Old 01-17-22, 01:05 AM
ahmed24
Intermediate

Received 114 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by sinister2c
as Scott mentioned, I’m wondering the difference between your mold and the car-Act one. Yours looks to be better quality from photos. I wish Car-act would have left the grill and side vents separated with the back panel. They plastic welded theirs and also randomly painted stuff they shouldn’t be.

the front camera mount would have been something I wanted.
Mine has taken a long time because of the pandemic. Was originally supposed to take 2 months by sea then because in the UK we've got big congestion at the ports and no further freight vessels from China were heading to UK, the logistics freight company sent it by road through Russia. It finally arrived in UK on Friday so I am hoping any day now I should receive it It's been just over 3 months since it was shipped. Over a month overdue lol.

There were a few reasons I didn't opt to go for the Car-Act version. Firstly, the cost of the bumper itself was $700 plus $820 total: $1,520. Although each additional bumper the shipping cost only increases by a very small amount. So the savings is in the bulk buy. Whereas the guys I bought it from, the bumper was $320 and shipping was $710. Much more reasonable priced and the side vent covers all match the glossness of the centre grille.

The front facing camera mounting point is a plus too. Originally i was planning to mount a front facing camera that I can view the image on my Grom VL2. But giving it some thought got me thinking when will I even use that lol. A more practicle use for the front facing camera I was thinking would be to mount a dashcam. I found those Android based dashcam systems designed for motorbikes where the camera is on it's own and the controller box sits elswhere. So in my case I am thinking to connect that via the Grom. That way I get nice front view recordings. Just an idea. Would be happy to get some opinions on this
Old 01-21-22, 12:08 PM
LitoLex250
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IS350mumba
https://car-act.com/product/en/2006-...nt-Bumper.html

1700 with the shipping not so bad , ppl pay 3k for small trunk lip with no issues
Thank you for the link
Old 01-21-22, 12:09 PM
LitoLex250
Driver School Candidate

Anyone have a link for this bumper WITHOUT having to pay for international shipping? Anyone have a link to somewhere in the US that would have this?
Old 01-24-22, 06:42 AM
sinister2c
Racer

I just found an eBay seller with some stock, only 5 available.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185180155033

Originally Posted by LitoLex250
Anyone have a link for this bumper WITHOUT having to pay for international shipping? Anyone have a link to somewhere in the US that would have this?
Old 01-24-22, 08:20 AM
LitoLex250
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for the reply.
The one from Car-Act would be better cuz it comes with the grille.

Originally Posted by sinister2c
I just found an eBay seller with some stock, only 5 available.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185180155033
Old 01-24-22, 06:02 PM
lockedlex
Intermediate

Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

I ended up ordering one about 3 months ago, I was in the process of wrapping my ISC in Satin Pearl White Vinyl and figured this would save me a trip to the paint shop. I really prefer the 4IS over the 3IS look. My main issue with this bumper was the bumper to hood alignment, which just seemed a little off to me. To work around that, I simply wrapped the top of the bumper with black glossy vinyl. This way, it's the hood cutoff you're looking at, not the bumper to hood alignment.

I also opted to vinyl wrap it so when I sell the car in 2-3 years, I could sell the bumper separately (pretty much it'll be "new"). I give credit to CARACT, they were easy to work with and very communicative. They also took care of me on a few items, since my car comes with both Parking Sensors and DRCC. The general alignment is pretty spot on and it's hard to tell this is aftermarket. Amazingly, on my 2014, I didn't have to trim anything. I did add some mounting points for the front fender liner to the bumper, but that was it. It was pretty much bolt on.

I also opted for this version since I prefer the glossy look for all 3 grills, I don't have (and hate) headlight washers and I might find a use for that extra front camera space

DRCC location, just fit perfectly behind the Emblem.

I just wrapped the front parking sensors with high gloss black vinyl and put them in the grill. I have to say, they are slightly more functional on the edges (stock location), but for now I'll see how this works for me.

Here's the part I wrapped in vinyl, otherwise it's supposed to be the same color as the bumper.

Last edited by lockedlex; 01-24-22 at 06:05 PM.
Old 01-24-22, 11:22 PM
ahmed24
Intermediate

Received 114 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by lockedlex
My main issue with this bumper was the bumper to hood alignment, which just seemed a little off to me. To work around that, I simply wrapped the top of the bumper with black glossy vinyl. This way, it's the hood cutoff you're looking at, not the bumper to hood alignment.
This is something that is bugging me at the moment too. You got anymore forward and slightly angled shots? It's hard to judge by the photos you posted. We need lots of photos
Old 01-25-22, 12:24 AM
lockedlex
Intermediate

Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by ahmed24
This is something that is bugging me at the moment too. You got anymore forward and slightly angled shots? It's hard to judge by the photos you posted. We need lots of photos
Best Pic I can get at the moment. Basically, if that TOP part of the bumper were painted the same color as the car, you'd notice "something" just seems "off". This is from up close and even far away. But by wrapping it so that it's the same finish as the grill, you just see the hoodline and it looks "sharp" even from up close or far away, it doesn't seem "off" and everything looks like it was meant to be that way and personally I find that it correctly accentuates the 4IS spindle grill.

Old 01-25-22, 09:02 AM
sinister2c
Racer

Originally Posted by LitoLex250
Thank you for the reply.
The one from Car-Act would be better cuz it comes with the grille.
I think it has the grill, but they couldn't show it due to copyrights.
Old 01-25-22, 09:12 AM
sinister2c
Racer

I didn't even know Car-Act had the option of the front camera and all gloss grills or no washer holes. When I ordered they only said they had washer hole version and didn't know the outer grills would be not painted. For the camera mount, didn't even know that was offered on this car, kind of wish I had that for the ability to add a camera. Scott got the same as me. I order 3rd week of October.

I'm wondering if they got another supplier or mold for the bumper/grills later.

I recall giving them feedback that 90%of the USDM cars don't have headlight washers, maybe the decided to not waste the time making that hole.

Originally Posted by lockedlex

DRCC location, just fit perfectly behind the Emblem.

I just wrapped the front parking sensors with high gloss black vinyl and put them in the grill. I have to say, they are slightly more functional on the edges (stock location), but for now I'll see how this works for me.

Here's the part I wrapped in vinyl, otherwise it's supposed to be the same color as the bumper.

Quick Reply: 2021 IS350 F-Sport Front Bumper Conversion Fitted **PICS**