IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2021 IS350 F-Sport Front Bumper Conversion Fitted **PICS**

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-21, 11:02 AM
ahmed24
Intermediate

Received 114 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by DownUnder
Nice! 40-days sounds quick. Is it coming from air or sea? I have seen 2 different molds for this bumper so far. Keep us posted!
It's coming by sea, being dropped off to the freight company tomorrow in China. They will send me actual photos of the bumper tomorrow before they dispatch it. All taxes and imports charges to be handled by the freight company so there's no surprises in terms of extra charges. Just turns up to my door 😀

There must be a few different molds for it because there are varying prices lol. All in all, I paid $1,038 fully delivered. Let's see how good it is will post my photos once mine is here and fitted. That's probably going to be sometime in December. Few pics below of what they sent me. But tomorrow i am expecting some higher quality photos from the factory floor when they go to package it.

How big are the license plate holes? I'm considering not mounting my plates at all or putting some kind of spring loading black retainers there that allows me to remove the plates and leave them on the dashboard 🤭

Last edited by ahmed24; 10-04-21 at 11:06 AM.
Old 10-04-21, 11:14 AM
DownUnder
Intermediate

Received 766 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by ahmed24
It's coming by sea, being dropped off to the freight company tomorrow in China. They will send me actual photos of the bumper tomorrow before they dispatch it. All taxes and imports charges to be handled by the freight company so there's no surprises in terms of extra charges. Just turns up to my door 😀

There must be a few different molds for it because there are varying prices lol. All in all, I paid $1,038 fully delivered. Let's see how good it is will post my photos once mine is here and fitted. That's probably going to be sometime in December. Few pics below of what they sent me. But tomorrow i am expecting some higher quality photos from the factory floor when they go to package it.

How big are the license plate holes? I'm considering not mounting my plates at all or putting some kind of spring loading black retainers there that allows me to remove the plates and leave them on the dashboard 🤭
Ohh yes, I have seen this one online. This is the other mold I was referring to. Almost identical but there are a few differents I can spot. First one is the swage lines on the top corners of the bumper. Mine has the natural lines that follows on from the fender/guard, but this one has some other pronounced swage lines next to that. The spot light bezels on your ones come gloss black whereas mine are matte black so require painting (spindle grille is gloss black on mine), and your bezel has some blanking piece on the back of it that is removeable with a small slit in it (no idea what purpose the slit serves). Your one also has a front camera provision right above the Lexus emblem. Would be cool to put a camera in there, otherwise you'll have to leave it open or shove something in the hole.

For the license plate mount, the one that mine came with was huge, so before it even arrived I ordered a brand new genuine 2021 IS350 license plate mount from Japan, and that was no easy feat to find the part # for as no catalogues exist for it yet. Even then, the mounting legs on the mount weren't going to work with this bumper so I cut them off and made a bracket from the back to secure it to the spindle grille. Came out looking great. I personally feel that this bumper needs a license plate to break up the vastness of the spindle grille, but they look best with a slimline plate. You can see the difference between my first and second post photos where I changed from the larger/squarer type plate to the slimmer one, and I think it looks a lot cleaner.

It's worth noting that I have two of these bumpers, one is for a friend of mine, so whatever I did to mine I did to his one straight after. He is in a different city to me so I have been using my wife's IS350 as the test car to fit both. I have a bunch of pics of small details and things I have modified and upgraded on the bumper to make the fitment better and to make it more like an OEM part, which I will upload this week before the bumper comes back from painting.

Last edited by DownUnder; 10-04-21 at 11:18 AM.
The following users liked this post:
ahmed24 (10-04-21)
Old 10-04-21, 11:41 AM
ahmed24
Intermediate

Ohh yes, I have seen this one online. This is the other mold I was referring to. Almost identical but there are a few differents I can spot. First one is the swage lines on the top corners of the bumper. Mine has the natural lines that follows on from the fender/guard, but this one has some other pronounced swage lines next to that. The spot light bezels on your ones come gloss black whereas mine are matte black so require painting (spindle grille is gloss black on mine), and your bezel has some blanking piece on the back of it that is removeable with a small slit in it (no idea what purpose the slit serves). Your one also has a front camera provision right above the Lexus emblem. Would be cool to put a camera in there, otherwise you'll have to leave it open or shove something in the hole.
The swage lines is an interesting one. I hope it looks good lol. Will only be able to know once it arrives.Another thing i've noticed is that the pic they sent me doesn't look like I have headlamp washer covers. I know you say you are going to cover yours but i'm the opposite lol. I want to keep my washer jets functional. So if it doesn't come, I may have to cut out the rectangle and mount my original jet covers. Also, the parking sensors. I currently have my 2IS ones modified and cut to fit the exact hole in the 3IS bumper. But this doesn't look like it has holes for parking sensors on the sides either. The only two holes are see is the ones on the grille. I think for me corner parking sensors is more important.

The front camera hole is a good thing, i have a grom VL2 so can wire a nice hdmi camera into that possibly maybe with some side view cameras for 360 view or just use it as a dashcam
Old 10-04-21, 11:43 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,033 Likes on 1,577 Posts

I still have the 2IS front bumper, mine was replaced by the original owner right before I bought it. It's OEM, there are no holes for the front license plate, and I'm not about to drill it, so I left it off. Technically in California front plates are required, but two years later I've never been stopped

Old 10-04-21, 11:46 AM
DownUnder
Intermediate

The swage lines is an interesting one. I hope it looks good lol. Will only be able to know once it arrives.Another thing i've noticed is that the pic they sent me doesn't look like I have headlamp washer covers. I know you say you are going to cover yours but i'm the opposite lol. I want to keep my washer jets functional. So if it doesn't come, I may have to cut out the rectangle and mount my original jet covers. Also, the parking sensors. I currently have my 2IS ones modified and cut to fit the exact hole in the 3IS bumper. But this doesn't look like it has holes for parking sensors on the sides either. The only two holes are see is the ones on the grille. I think for me corner parking sensors is more important.

The front camera hole is a good thing, i have a grom VL2 so can wire a nice hdmi camera into that possibly maybe with some side view cameras for 360 view or just use it as a dashcam
Yes! That's one thing I forgot to mention about yours - The lack of headlight washers. Here's me spending extra money to have them filled and you're wanting to cut holes . For the parking sensors, I ground the factory sensors right down through the plastic and into the silicone membrane of the sensor. That was as slim as I had to make it so it would slide inside the sensor cradles that come with the conversion. I definitely didn't want to drill round holes and mount them on the corners of the bumper as it makes it look terrible. You may end up doing what I did, but it would probably pay to get a backup pair of sensors just incase.

The front camera for your Grom would work out perfectly! Definitely one way to make it functional.
Old 10-04-21, 11:46 AM
ahmed24
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
I still have the 2IS front bumper, mine was replaced by the original owner right before I bought it. It's OEM, there are no holes for the front license plate, and I'm not about to drill it, so I left it off. Technically in California front plates are required, but two years later I've never been stopped

Looks so clean without the plates
AMIRZA786 (10-04-21)
Old 10-04-21, 11:50 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,033 Likes on 1,577 Posts

Looks so clean without the plates
It definitely does look much cleaner without the front plates. Here is a better view:

I've done a ton of handling and steering mods, but I want to keep the original look. I plan to hold on to this car for a long time
ahmed24 (10-04-21)
Old 10-04-21, 11:55 AM
DownUnder
Intermediate

Crate as it arrived from China. Collected this from the freight depot and managed to squeeze it in the back of our minivan. This thing literally weighed 95kg (210lb), 90% of that was the weight of the crate:

Both front bumpers as them came out of the crate. Yes, that front license plate mount is ginormous. Definitely not using that.

Factory front fender/guard clip, where the 10mm screw goes. The hole on the bumper wasn't quite big enough so I needed to drill it out. This was the same when I did my 3IS conversion:

Parking sensor cradle that comes with the conversion. This is far too small for the massive factory 2IS parking sensors, so I needed to grind down the head of the sensors in order to make them fit:

Mounting the front license plate bracket. This is a genuine 2021 IS350 part from Japan. Required modification to fit, but looks very OEM once mounted. OEM part #: 52114-53410.

The following 2 users liked this post by DownUnder:
AMIRZA786 (10-04-21), GrizzlyMan (10-08-21)
Old 10-04-21, 11:57 AM
DownUnder
Intermediate

Factory 2021 IS350 front license plate mount:

ahmed24 (10-04-21)
Old 10-04-21, 12:03 PM
ahmed24
Intermediate

That looks damn good. I hope mine is as good

That's exactly what I did with the parking sensors on my 3IS conversion. I cut the original parking sensor outter ring. So wondering should I drill a hole in the new bumper exact same location or should i stick it in the grille

Old 10-04-21, 12:07 PM
ahmed24
Intermediate

You mentined the bar doesn't need to be cut behind, also does the foam that sits between the bumper and bar fit or do you leave that out?
Old 10-04-21, 12:14 PM
DownUnder
Intermediate

That looks damn good. I hope mine is as good

That's exactly what I did with the parking sensors on my 3IS conversion. I cut the original parking sensor outter ring. So wondering should I drill a hole in the new bumper exact same location or should i stick it in the grille
Nice install with the sensor. If you do that to the new one it will look the same as the sensors on the 2021 IS. Mounting it in the grille works, but the detection zone is a lot narrower since they're more towards the middle of the bumper. Did you put the OEM blanking caps in your 3IS spindle grille where the sensors would normally go?
Old 10-04-21, 12:17 PM
DownUnder
Intermediate

You mentined the bar doesn't need to be cut behind, also does the foam that sits between the bumper and bar fit or do you leave that out?
You won't be able to reuse the polystyerene absorber so it will need to be removed. Be sure to paint the bar matte black or it will stand out like a sore thumb:

ahmed24 (10-04-21)
Old 10-04-21, 12:28 PM
ahmed24
Intermediate

You won't be able to reuse the polystyerene absorber so it will need to be removed. Be sure to paint the bar matte black or it will stand out like a sore thumb:
Ok that's good to know. Will paint my bar too.

Nice install with the sensor. If you do that to the new one it will look the same as the sensors on the 2021 IS. Mounting it in the grille works, but the detection zone is a lot narrower since they're more towards the middle of the bumper. Did you put the OEM blanking caps in your 3IS spindle grille where the sensors would normally go?
I cut a circular ABS plastic mounted to an LED lens and made some LED lights but never got round to properly wiring it lol. So it's dummy lens at the moment. I may drill the holes on the side and blank out the holes on the grill with ABS plastic.
Old 10-04-21, 09:46 PM
DownUnder
Intermediate

I cut a circular ABS plastic mounted to an LED lens and made some LED lights but never got round to properly wiring it lol. So it's dummy lens at the moment. I may drill the holes on the side and blank out the holes on the grill with ABS plastic.
Ohh ok, fair enough. You can get the genuine plastic gunmetal gaps to match the spindle grille quite cheaply. I changed the spindle grille on my 3IS conversion from the gloss black to the gunmetal grey version like the real 3IS has. If yours is the gloss black the conversion comes with then you would need to spray them. The part number for the LH cap is 53126-53021 and the RH cap is 53125-53031.

In regards to the 4IS conversion, here's some more photos of genuine 2021 IS license plate mount for anybody interested. The square legs towards the middle of the mount need to be cut off, and the 4 fingers clip into the spindle grille. You will need to put two bolts through into the middle of the bumper to mount it properly:

This is the front emblem that comes included with the conversion. I have had a lot of Lexus emblems in the past and this one mounts completely differently to any of them I have seen. Must be a new design for the 2021, as this will be based off the OEM badge. Interestingly, it has a smooth back on it, which means it will be compatible for models with radar cruise control. Normally you would need to buy an expensive OEM badge if you had radar cruise as every aftermarket one has ridges on the back which block the millimeter wave signals:

GrizzlyMan (10-08-21)

Quick Reply: 2021 IS350 F-Sport Front Bumper Conversion Fitted **PICS**