IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2021 IS350 F-Sport Front Bumper Conversion Fitted **PICS**

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-21, 12:00 AM
DownUnder
Intermediate

Received 766 Likes on 216 Posts
Default 2021 IS350 F-Sport Front Bumper Conversion Fitted **PICS**

Haven't seen anyone else do one of these yet so thought I would start a thread and spark some interest. I just had this 2021 Lexus IS350 F-Sport conversion turn up from China for my wife's 2006 IS350 after a 6-week wait on sea freight. I have referred to it as a '4IS' for simplicity, but technically it is still a 3IS bumper, or a '3.5IS'.

Spent the day test fitting it and making sure it fits well (I have since made the hood gap better in the center of the bumper) and will be taking it in for painting this coming week, so will update with photos once it's all done. Reminded me of when I did the 3IS conversion to my own 2006 IS350, as I had to trim the factory brake ducts, trim the lower air shield and grind back the top of the bumper bracket where it clips into the retainer. Didn't have to cut the beam this time though, so that's a plus. Ended up painting the beam matte black so it can't be seen behind the spindle grille. For the license plate mount I am using a genuine 2021 IS350 mount, modified to fit with a bracket I made from the rear. I bought two of these bumpers (one for a friend of mine) so did both processes twice, which was a good learning experience.

The front lip extensions shown in the photos are universal ones I've had in my garage for about 5-years, so they are finally coming in useful. Could swear they were made for this bumper. The jacks are only there to support them in the photos until I screw them in place once it's back from being painted. The headlight washer holes will be filled before painting as I'm not a fan of the horrible plastic caps that come included with the bumper. For the factory parking sensors, I managed to grind the whole head down on each sensor, right back to the silicone inner housing, and was able to slide them into the round holes on each corner of the spindle grille so there's no need to make holes in the bumper itself.

More to come!

Last edited by DownUnder; 10-02-21 at 01:24 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by DownUnder:
primavera (10-03-21), Spyder84 (10-02-21), TheUser (06-21-22)
Old 10-02-21, 05:22 AM
lexus-is2
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

You got a link to where you bought this from? And where did u get the lip kit do you have links? That lip kit works very well with that bumper
Old 10-02-21, 06:40 PM
JamesShar
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Yessss link to bumper please 😍
The following users liked this post:
XE20 (11-08-21)
Old 10-02-21, 07:52 PM
DownUnder
Intermediate

You can get the bumper from Car-Act in China, may want to sit down for the price though as the shipping alone is more than the bumper. The front lip I bought 5-years ago and I adapted it to fit this bumper.

I did some final adjustments today and mounted a slimmer license plate and fitted the front lip properly. Next step, paint!

The following 2 users liked this post by DownUnder:
primavera (10-04-21), TheUser (06-21-22)
Old 10-02-21, 10:29 PM
lexus-is2
Advanced

Do you have details or link for the front lip?
Old 10-02-21, 11:12 PM
DownUnder
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lexus-is2
Do you have details or link for the front lip?
Sadly not. I bought it many years ago but can't find any purchase history in my inbox. I believe it's a universal lip, but I just got lucky with the fitment on this bumper.
Old 10-03-21, 01:56 AM
lexus-is2
Advanced

Originally Posted by DownUnder
Sadly not. I bought it many years ago but can't find any purchase history in my inbox. I believe it's a universal lip, but I just got lucky with the fitment on this bumper.
Do you have any close-up photos of this universal lips off the bumper and possibly provide some measurements so I can look for similar one? Thanks
Old 10-03-21, 02:01 AM
DownUnder
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lexus-is2
Do you have any close-up photos of this universal lips off the bumper and possibly provide some measurements so I can look for similar one? Thanks
No, not at this stage. I have already hacked mine up to make it fit. Have you ordered a 4IS conversion?
Old 10-03-21, 02:51 AM
lexus-is2
Advanced

Originally Posted by DownUnder
No, not at this stage. I have already hacked mine up to make it fit. Have you ordered a 4IS conversion?
Not yet but considering it
Old 10-03-21, 10:45 AM
IS350mumba
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

https://car-act.com/product/en/2006-...nt-Bumper.html

1700 with the shipping not so bad , ppl pay 3k for small trunk lip with no issues
Old 10-03-21, 12:13 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,033 Likes on 1,577 Posts

Wow, you got it fit really well! I've never had luck with aftermarket bumpers, they have to be highly modified to fit, and once you modify them you can't return them. Painted it should look awesome, right now unpainted it looks a little cheap. Please post pics once painted
Old 10-04-21, 03:05 AM
ahmed24
Intermediate

Received 114 Likes on 65 Posts

Looks really good. Just ordered mine 40 days estimated delivery to UK I have the 3IS conversion I did many years ago but will probably sell that off now. This is a better option for me. In Europe the 4IS doesn't exist and the 4IS front end looks so much nicer. Could be because i'm bored with the 3IS front end now lol. I didn't get it from Car Act though found them too pricey but lets see quality of the one i got lol
Old 10-04-21, 09:48 AM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Received 771 Likes on 673 Posts

That looks really good. My car needs a new front end refresh paint job. I may look into this since I have a buddy that paints might be well worth it.
Old 10-04-21, 09:48 AM
PAVGR
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Is this bumper from fiberglass or ABS?l like it but it doesnt have fogs.I paid 1100euros for my fogs and love them.Perhaps later there will be an option for fogs for this bumper
Old 10-04-21, 10:01 AM
DownUnder
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
Wow, you got it fit really well! I've never had luck with aftermarket bumpers, they have to be highly modified to fit, and once you modify them you can't return them. Painted it should look awesome, right now unpainted it looks a little cheap. Please post pics once painted
Thanks. It took a bit of playing around with to get it to line up properly. I'm by no means a panelbeater but ended up getting it pretty good. The trickiest part is the gap in the center of the hood, as the only point the bumper mounts to in that area is the 10mm bolt in the middle. Since the photos I have removed the vertical support brace between the upper and lower radiator support panel and elongated the holes. This will allow the bumper to sit lower in the middle and make more of a gap between the hood. I won't be able to test it again until the bumper is back from being painted, but there will certainly be more photos soon.

Originally Posted by ahmed24
Looks really good. Just ordered mine 40 days estimated delivery to UK I have the 3IS conversion I did many years ago but will probably sell that off now. This is a better option for me. In Europe the 4IS doesn't exist and the 4IS front end looks so much nicer. Could be because i'm bored with the 3IS front end now lol. I didn't get it from Car Act though found them too pricey but lets see quality of the one i got lol
Nice! 40-days sounds quick. Is it coming from air or sea? I have seen 2 different molds for this bumper so far. Keep us posted!

Originally Posted by MikeFig82
That looks really good. My car needs a new front end refresh paint job. I may look into this since I have a buddy that paints might be well worth it.
Good idea. This one is going to a popular one I reckon. The amount of likes it has had on Facebook and Instagram after I posted it has been insane.

Originally Posted by PAVGR
Is this bumper from fiberglass or ABS?l like it but it doesnt have fogs.I paid 1100euros for my fogs and love them.Perhaps later there will be an option for fogs for this bumper
This one is made from polypropylene, so it's very strong and won't warp in the sun. The genuine 2021 IS350 doesn't have fog lights, even as an option, but I'm sure someone will come out with an aftermarket option eventually, like they did with all of the previous F-Sport models.
The following users liked this post:
AMIRZA786 (10-04-21)

Quick Reply: 2021 IS350 F-Sport Front Bumper Conversion Fitted **PICS**