IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2021 IS350 F-Sport Front Bumper Conversion Fitted **PICS**

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-21, 10:17 PM
ahmed24
Intermediate

Received 114 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by DownUnder
Ohh ok, fair enough. You can get the genuine plastic gunmetal gaps to match the spindle grille quite cheaply. I changed the spindle grille on my 3IS conversion from the gloss black to the gunmetal grey version like the real 3IS has. If yours is the gloss black the conversion comes with then you would need to spray them. The part number for the LH cap is 53126-53021 and the RH cap is 53125-53031.
The 3is conversion I did a while back was my own conversion by cutting and welding two bumpers so it's got the OEM greyish/black spindle grille. I'm assuming this bumpers grille is just black? Do you know if the 4is itself has a black grille or similar greyish grille to the 3is spindle grille ? Are you painting your 4is grille or sticking to the black?

Those parts numbers for the cover caps, are they for the 4is or 3is?

Also, what's the vertical and horizontal diameter of the emblem that it comes with?
Old 10-04-21, 10:38 PM
DownUnder
Intermediate

Received 766 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by ahmed24
The 3is conversion I did a while back was my own conversion by cutting and welding two bumpers so it's got the OEM greyish/black spindle grille. I'm assuming this bumpers grille is just black? Do you know if the 4is itself has a black grille or similar greyish grille to the 3is spindle grille ? Are you painting your 4is grille or sticking to the black?

Those parts numbers for the cover caps, are they for the 4is or 3is?

Also, what's the vertical and horizontal diameter of the emblem that it comes with?
I see, that makes sense. Yes the 4IS spindle grille that comes this conversion is gloss black, which is the same as on the actual 2021 IS. I'm leaving ours gloss black, and having the LH and RH bezels sprayed to match. The part numbers for the caps in the previous post are for your existing 3IS conversion. Maybe we should keep the chat to 4IS only to avoid any confusion, haha, but wanted to mention it incase you didn't know they existed.

The size of the emblem is the same as the 3IS emblem. It's only the way that it mounts which is now different
Old 10-04-21, 11:12 PM
ahmed24
Intermediate

I see, that makes sense. Yes the 4IS spindle grille that comes this conversion is gloss black, which is the same as on the actual 2021 IS. I'm leaving ours gloss black, and having the LH and RH bezels sprayed to match. The part numbers for the caps in the previous post are for your existing 3IS conversion. Maybe we should keep the chat to 4IS only to avoid any confusion, haha, but wanted to mention it incase you didn't know they existed.

The size of the emblem is the same as the 3IS emblem. It's only the way that it mounts which is now different
Thanks what's the colour of the LH and RH bezels currently on the 4is conversion?

Old 10-04-21, 11:20 PM
DownUnder
Intermediate

Thanks what's the colour of the LH and RH bezels currently on the 4is conversion?
On our one they are matte black, same as the unpainted bumper. I was hoping they would be gloss black as I couldn't originally tell from the photos online when ordering, but my friends bumper is being painted gloss black anyway so they can use the remaining paint in the gun which means it won't cost any more . Here's a photo of one of the bezels. You can see how glossy the spindle grille is in comparison:

The following users liked this post:
ahmed24 (10-05-21)
Old 10-05-21, 01:02 AM
ahmed24
Intermediate

On our one they are matte black, same as the unpainted bumper. I was hoping they would be gloss black as I couldn't originally tell from the photos online when ordering, but my friends bumper is being painted gloss black anyway so they can use the remaining paint in the gun which means it won't cost any more . Here's a photo of one of the bezels. You can see how glossy the spindle grille is in comparison:
Awesome bro. The seller sent me actual photos of the bumper rather than stock photos. Below are some pics. Mine definately has the camera mount above the emblem and he confirmed. Now I need to wait for it to come so i can see what kind of camera i can get to mount.

The triangular cut-out and insert I am assuming is the new tow-hook cover right? that goes to show how wide this grille is. Because original tow cover is on the bumper itself on the 3IS. Love it

Last edited by ahmed24; 10-05-21 at 01:06 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by ahmed24:
DownUnder (10-05-21), GrizzlyMan (10-08-21)
Old 10-05-21, 01:22 AM
DownUnder
Intermediate

Looks great! Very interesting to see the small changes between the sellers. I'm still curious about what the horizontal slit in the bezels is for. That's something the genuine 4IS doesn't have, and they definitely put it there on purpose in the mold. On our one there were 4 plastic nubs poking out of the flat black panel behind the spindle grille for the provided license plate mount to screw to, but since I was using my own mount I had to shave them flush with the panel. Hardly noticeable but you can see where the used to be if you look right up close, whereas your one has small holes instead, which makes more sense overall. Correct, that's the tow hook cover. The spindle grille on this bumper is wide as hell compared to the 3IS. Comparing hers to mine it makes mine look like it's wearing a corset - Very much an hourglass figure on the 3IS. The 4IS makes the whole car look super wide and aggressive.

Here's a quick comparison. The 4IS photo was colorized by my mate while we wait for it to come back from painting, but gives a better visualization:

The following 4 users liked this post by DownUnder:
2013FSport (10-05-21), GrizzlyMan (10-08-21), primavera (10-05-21), TheUser (06-21-22)
Old 10-05-21, 01:30 AM
ahmed24
Intermediate

I'm still curious about what the horizontal slit in the bezels is for.
Which slits? the ones on the side grilles where originally the fogs are? There's no brake ducting there is there? So I could potentially put some LED's or something there.

Here's a quick comparison. The 4IS photo was colorized by my mate while we wait for it to come back from painting, but gives a better visualization:
Bro, that looks amazing. Can't wait to see your finished product. I've probably gotta wait until december for mine I really like how the VLAND's work with this bumper. Personally i was never keen on the front VLAND because of the chrome and smaller projectors inside. I love the DRL though. But looking at how the vland flows with this bumper i'm now thinking what to do. sell OEM and go vland or stick to OEM Would be interesting if u can photoshop OEM DRL headlights into that pic for comparision
Old 10-05-21, 01:46 AM
DownUnder
Intermediate

Which slits? the ones on the side grilles where originally the fogs are? There's no brake ducting there is there? So I could potentially put some LED's or something there.

Bro, that looks amazing. Can't wait to see your finished product. I've probably gotta wait until december for mine I really like how the VLAND's work with this bumper. Personally i was never keen on the front VLAND because of the chrome and smaller projectors inside. I love the DRL though. But looking at how the vland flows with this bumper i'm now thinking what to do. sell OEM and go vland or stick to OEM Would be interesting if u can photoshop OEM DRL headlights into that pic for comparision
Yep, the slits in the bezels. There are no brake ducts in that area. Could definitely be a good place to mount an LED strip. Or vertically in the other slit on the side to go with the rest of the edginess of the bumper.

Here's my really crappy attempt to photoshop the OEM facelift headlights into the same photo:

Old 10-05-21, 02:07 AM
ahmed24
Intermediate

Yep, the slits in the bezels. There are no brake ducts in that area. Could definitely be a good place to mount an LED strip. Or vertically in the other slit on the side to go with the rest of the edginess of the bumper.
I asked the seller what those slits are for they said air haha. Yes i'm thinking if I can find a nice LED unit to mount there. Vertically will be good too but probably need to think about blocking that slit so might make more sense to put LED there lol

Here's my really crappy attempt to photoshop the OEM facelift headlights into the same photo:
That's a good photoshop attempt looks good with OEM LED's too might stick with my OEM's for now.
Old 10-05-21, 11:13 AM
PAVGR
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Does the engine cover fit or you will have to remove it?
Old 10-05-21, 11:17 AM
DownUnder
Intermediate

Originally Posted by PAVGR
Does the engine cover fit or you will have to remove it?
The cover still fits perfectly fine
Old 10-08-21, 01:06 AM
DownUnder
Intermediate

The bumper is back from being painted and on the car! Will take photos this weekend, but in the meantime here is a short video

The following 6 users liked this post by DownUnder:
ahmed24 (10-08-21), AMIRZA786 (10-08-21), Danrush777 (04-16-22), MrHarris (05-20-22), primavera (10-08-21), TheUser (06-21-22) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-08-21, 01:11 AM
ahmed24
Intermediate

The bumper is back from being painted and on the car! Will take photos this weekend, but in the meantime here is a short video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4xUHPf8Mm4
That looks superb bro. can't wait to get mine. It's at the port of Shenzhen now waiting to be loaded onto a container
Old 10-08-21, 10:41 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,033 Likes on 1,577 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4xUHPf8Mm4
Looks really sweet!
Old 10-08-21, 11:32 AM
IS350mumba
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

finally something that looks nice. not like 3is horror.

Quick Reply: 2021 IS350 F-Sport Front Bumper Conversion Fitted **PICS**