IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Door not unlocking but locks.

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-16, 12:20 AM
tonytdoan
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door not unlocking but locks.

I have a 2006 IS250 and lately I have been having this problem with just my passenger and rear doors locking but not unlocking. My driver side door works fine. I hear this is a common problem for this IS gen.

I replaced the passenger door actuator and yet no luck, I'm guessing it might be a computer or electrical problem.

The dealerships are charging me about 500 for each door! They are saying that it's the actuators that are bad.

I will be updating this thread on whatever I find out about this problem.

I can hear the door trying to unlock with no success, but locks with no issues at all. (with smartkey and manual locking switches)

If anyone have any helpful information please help. I'm tired of reaching over and unlocking the doors every time I have passengers and I am not willing to pay for something I can replace myself.
Old 07-04-16, 04:38 AM
RandyIS250
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like actuator went bad but first take off your door panel and take a look around for loosen wire connector . Try unplug the battery for 5 mins and try again . To me I don't think it's the actuator something with ecu and wire
Old 07-09-16, 06:44 PM
tonytdoan
Rookie

Originally Posted by RandyIS250
Looks like actuator went bad but first take off your door panel and take a look around for loosen wire connector . Try unplug the battery for 5 mins and try again . To me I don't think it's the actuator something with ecu and wire
Yeah. I took it apart. Nothing seems to be loose or unplugged. I tried resetting the battery a couple of times and still no progress. Yeah my thought is with the ecu or some kind of electrical wire problem.. Thanks for your help!
Old 07-10-16, 07:26 AM
RandyIS250
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tonytdoan
Yeah. I took it apart. Nothing seems to be loose or unplugged. I tried resetting the battery a couple of times and still no progress. Yeah my thought is with the ecu or some kind of electrical wire problem.. Thanks for your help!
Check the Fuse too, The security system fuse in the IS250 is behind the glove box labeled TI &TE, you said you've replaced actuator ? have you though ? and nothing came lose, did you check the fuses ? sometimes dealer wanna F us up and rip your money off your pocket. Glove box fuse box bro look into that.
Old 07-10-16, 11:07 AM
tonytdoan
Rookie

Check the Fuse too, The security system fuse in the IS250 is behind the glove box labeled TI &TE, you said you've replaced actuator ? have you though ? and nothing came lose, did you check the fuses ? sometimes dealer wanna F us up and rip your money off your pocket. Glove box fuse box bro look into that.
Just checked the fuses again. the 20 amp right? Checks out fine. Yup just the passenger front side. Just to see whether its actually the actuator that went bad or some kind of electrical problem. None of the fuses are blown. Yeah...thats why I came here to see if anyone else have some solution or similar problem.
Old 07-12-16, 02:43 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

it doesn't unlock when you pressed the unlock button on both sides of the doors? And the remote unlock too?
Old 07-13-16, 06:01 PM
RandyIS250
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tonytdoan
Just checked the fuses again. the 20 amp right? Checks out fine. Yup just the passenger front side. Just to see whether its actually the actuator that went bad or some kind of electrical problem. None of the fuses are blown. Yeah...thats why I came here to see if anyone else have some solution or similar problem.
Step 2, check wiring system, you can get the electric tester at Canadian Tire Canada or Autozone USA for around 10$, take off door panels find the 2 hot and cold wire see if there is POWER runs to your actuator or wire cuts off and short somewhere, next step is your Convenient Module but i doubt that thing goes bad otherwise you'll get no security system.

Did dealer replace your actuator ? you can lock but cannot unlock correct ? ya do it yourself would save a lot of money, thats why i'm on here to learn too.
Old 07-23-16, 05:21 PM
tonytdoan
Rookie

Originally Posted by kickin8
it doesn't unlock when you pressed the unlock button on both sides of the doors? And the remote unlock too?
Yup. Only driver side door will be unlocked the rest wouldn't unlock.
Old 07-23-16, 05:23 PM
tonytdoan
Rookie

Step 2, check wiring system, you can get the electric tester at Canadian Tire Canada or Autozone USA for around 10$, take off door panels find the 2 hot and cold wire see if there is POWER runs to your actuator or wire cuts off and short somewhere, next step is your Convenient Module but i doubt that thing goes bad otherwise you'll get no security system.

Did dealer replace your actuator ? you can lock but cannot unlock correct ? ya do it yourself would save a lot of money, thats why i'm on here to learn too.
I tested everything everything. Power is going through but it isn't unlocking. I just brought it to my family mechanic. He told me there is something wrong with my ECU. So he ordered me a new one and it should come in soon. Hopefully that fixes the problem. Around 400 for part and labor.
Old 07-28-16, 04:55 PM
tonytdoan
Rookie

BCM** Not the ECU actually.