IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Full in-depth review, unboxing, & Q&A of ANDROID VAISTECH UNIT (video inside)

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-13, 06:34 AM
epicshoote
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chicagoblknazn
2008 IS250 - Nav - Non Levinson
The only music yu will see has to be in playlists. If you are seeing nothing at all then the structure is wrong or your code is out of date on the ivic.
Old 05-20-13, 03:51 PM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by epicshoote
The only music yu will see has to be in playlists. If you are seeing nothing at all then the structure is wrong or your code is out of date on the ivic.
My unit was updated by Vaistech themselves when they sent the new unit a couple weeks ago. And I have over 50 playlists on my ipod. I have 35,000 tracks on it.
Old 05-20-13, 05:48 PM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

My unit was updated by Vaistech themselves when they sent the new unit a couple weeks ago. And I have over 50 playlists on my ipod. I have 35,000 tracks on it.
So what are they recommending as resolution? Or nothing at all (as in my case?). I am going to bet they blame your iPod for having too many songs.
Old 05-20-13, 06:05 PM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by oztiks
So what are they recommending as resolution? Or nothing at all (as in my case?). I am going to bet they blame your iPod for having too many songs.
I was told that it doesn't work with i-Devices from the beginning before i bought the unit. I found the brand on here while investigating my ipod options and was the main reason I was looking at Vaistech. I've been spoiled by my aftermarket in my old car that connected directly with my old iPhone and my iPod but the iVic looked so cool.

I was also told that they were trying to get some deal done so i-Devices would work via the USB connection and it might be a future option on the iVic. I'm assuming it's license related due to Apple's need to control everything.
Old 05-22-13, 01:24 AM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

I was told that it doesn't work with i-Devices from the beginning before i bought the unit. I found the brand on here while investigating my ipod options and was the main reason I was looking at Vaistech. I've been spoiled by my aftermarket in my old car that connected directly with my old iPhone and my iPod but the iVic looked so cool.

I was also told that they were trying to get some deal done so i-Devices would work via the USB connection and it might be a future option on the iVic. I'm assuming it's license related due to Apple's need to control everything.

That's odd and also very conflicting information from what I have. I was told it should work without any issues on my ivic 6d in my 2010 IS; but it doesnt.
Old 05-23-13, 12:50 PM
CCJ22
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are there any 2010+ MY's with an IVIC that work correctly?
Didn't Lexus re-do the nav system in the MY10?
Old 05-23-13, 12:56 PM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CCJ22
Are there any 2010+ MY's with an IVIC that work correctly?
Didn't Lexus re-do the nav system in the MY10?

the ivic 6d (rather than 5d) is required for most of the 2010's. vaistech states 'it works on their bench' but i can provide about 5 videos showing otherwise.
Old 07-31-13, 07:27 PM
CCJ22
Lexus Champion

Oztiks, how are things coming along with your 6d?
Old 07-31-13, 07:43 PM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

it's a $500 paper weight.
vaistech offered to refund my money because they cannot get the 6d to work with a 2010 is w/ ml and park assist. they dont have a matching test vehicle and cannot reproduce any of my issues. the ipod integration is pretty much unusable - if i go into ipod mode or video mode, i cannot use the other mode until i shut the car off and restart it (eg, if i go to android video mode, i can no longer use ipod mode, unless i shut the car off)

great idea. bad execution. hugely disappointed.
Old 11-18-13, 06:04 PM
CCJ22
Lexus Champion

Is there anyone that actually mounted this device anywhere EXCEPT under the passenger seat?

Originally Posted by epicshoote
The ground for the iVIC is to a screw attached to some metal crossmember near the OEM computer.
What ground are you talking about?
Old 01-12-14, 10:43 PM
mandipcarz
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 05-01-14, 08:56 AM
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

I want to try this but I am not feeling too good about spending that much money on a product that is imperfect. I am looking to use my phone to play music on randomizer on my Samsung S4 primarily and using WAZE.

Where are you guys putting your phones if you have to be connected? I would like my wire to be in my center console since that is where I keep my phone usually. No A2DP?

How do get in and out of the android system back to the car system? Will my XM still work? Can I still play CD's with fully functionality of my CD changer? Do you have to hit CD emulation to access that or can I just use the head system? What functionality changes with CD usuage if any?

Last edited by Zinda; 05-01-14 at 10:10 AM.
Old 05-05-14, 04:59 AM
epicshoote
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Zinda
I want to try this but I am not feeling too good about spending that much money on a product that is imperfect. I am looking to use my phone to play music on randomizer on my Samsung S4 primarily and using WAZE.

Where are you guys putting your phones if you have to be connected? I would like my wire to be in my center console since that is where I keep my phone usually. No A2DP?

How do get in and out of the android system back to the car system? Will my XM still work? Can I still play CD's with fully functionality of my CD changer? Do you have to hit CD emulation to access that or can I just use the head system? What functionality changes with CD usuage if any?
I play music and use WAZE all the time. The only drawback to using the phone for navigation is that when you get a phone call you can no longer see the "audio" section of your nav screen. It just says- "talking". Because of this I still use the built in Nav for most things or have them both running just in case. My ivic is mounted on top of the factory computer- under the passenger kick plate. The phone gets plugged into cables that are run into the center console. You press audio to get into android (sometimes is you are listening to the radio you then also have to press disk) and any other button will take you to normal car systems. XM should still work. Yes you can still play CDs but you will never need to again. No function changes with standard in dash CDs.
Old 05-15-14, 07:36 PM
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

Okay so I bought a used unit from someone on here and was wondering if I run the wires into the center console with my Samsung S4 still pick up GPS in there? If I connect a bluetooth keyboard to my phone do I lose touch on my screen?

Reverse camera still works along with parking sensors?

Last edited by Zinda; 05-15-14 at 07:44 PM.
Old 05-19-14, 04:52 AM
epicshoote
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Zinda
Okay so I bought a used unit from someone on here and was wondering if I run the wires into the center console with my Samsung S4 still pick up GPS in there? If I connect a bluetooth keyboard to my phone do I lose touch on my screen?

Reverse camera still works along with parking sensors?
It will pick up gps but it will be a bit weaker than usual. Sometimes at stop lights mine will get confused and whip around. When I start moving again it works itself out. In weak signal areas it will also drop calls unless you take it out of the console. My droid never had issues so I think it is a weak radio problem on the s4. Yes your backup sensors are not touched and your camera will still work if you hook it up right. In fact you can then access the camera while driving if you wish. Makes my wife sick to see it. A word of advise is check all the cables before you button everything up to make sure everything works right. With the s4 you may have charging issues. I use a lighter charger now since the USB port on my first gen has some resistor issue that prevents a full charge on the s4. Vaistech said they would fix that issue if I sent it in but it does not bother me.