Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 3GS forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation GS models.

The jump

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-18, 08:35 AM
Watson817
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The jump

Hello everyone I need some help this is my first lexus . I have a 2007 lexus 450 GS H recently I had to go out of town on a lengthy stay I came home and my lexus battery was dead I called the roadside assistance through my car insurance company to get it started I advised him that I know nothing of the car he told me the battery is actually in the rear of the car I drove it that day and the engine light came on as I drove , since that came on I didn't go far i went about a mile or 2 to gas it up it sat for a week after and when i tried to start it up all the warning lights came on and a exclamation with a box around it and it wouldn't start it keep saying check hybrid system. I don't know if that was the correct way to jump a hybrid because it says everywhere I read that it should be jumped from under the hood. Please please help
Old 07-26-18, 03:50 PM
GS4Myles
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey man i'm new to the forum as well... did you ever find out what was wrong? my battery is dead now and i need to jump it or recharge it or something
Old 07-27-18, 09:44 AM
Watson817
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The jump

Well I actually went online and it stated it just needed a regular battery... not so I bought a 12 volt battery and my car cuts off every 5 min when I'm driving . After doing further research I need a 14 volt battery. I live in the Washington metropolitan area so a lot of the auto places only carry 12 volt 12 volts does not have enough crank amps to keep restarting the car so I have to get my battery from the dealer a whopping 389.00. But if you can take your auxiallry battery out and go get it charged it may be ok mine wasn't due to me having a upper respiratory infection and not starting my car for a month.
Old 07-31-18, 11:07 AM
GS4Myles
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey thanks. as I kept looking thru the threads, i found a guy that gave the make and model of the battery that he used. I looked it up and it has more cranking amps than our original battery just not as much reserve time.
AAA showed that day to give me a jump and after 3 attempts the car did start. I drove it for about an hour before parking that evening. it drove fine and to work the next day. And i left to go out of town the next morning, so it sat parked over the weekend until today. i'm going to get the battery checked today but it seems to be driving fine.