Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 3GS forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation GS models.

Went to test drive a GSH

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-10, 06:39 AM
jea
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went to test drive a GSH

Last Friday i went to test drive a 06 GS450H.

However i found that the change over between the hybrid motor and the engine are not that smooth. I am not sure if it is because of the cold start or what. It feel fine on high speed but on low speed, when the car is deciding to use the hybrid power or engine, the switching feels jerk.

So, is that normal?

Also for the moonroof. It open automatically by pressing the button once but have to hold it to fully close it? or it should close fully by a button only?

Thanks.
Hope i can join GSH family soon.
Old 11-09-10, 06:44 AM
LexFather

Jea,

The transition should be pretty seamless most times. Sometimes you will feel the car do a quick shake if the car is idling and the battery runs low and the engine kicks in to charge the battery up.

In the owners manual in clearly states "This will not drive like a normal car" .

So I assume that might be what you felt since you said when driving the car the transition was smooth. It is no biggie for me, just part of it being different.

FYI it is GSh (lower case)

Good luck!

Mike
Old 11-09-10, 07:58 AM
jea
Rookie

I don't feel it when idling but driving low speed. Maybe because just a short period of test drive. I feel more shake during the transition

Would it be problem with the car? Did anyone faced the similar problem before or just I'm too picky?

If that is how it should be, i will get use to it as i really like GS450h a lot.

Wish to join the GSh family soon
Old 11-09-10, 08:51 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

when it's cold, i do hear from some people that they feel more of the transition between electric and gasoline engines. but once it's warmed up it should be much better
Old 11-09-10, 09:20 AM
jea
Rookie

Alright then, I think should be alright. From what i can recall, I feel the shaking when I just drove the car out and after a few run on the freeway, i didn't realise the shaking on the way back to the dealer or i was just to excited with the power of the car.

How bout for the moonroof? Is that normal? Do I have to hold the close button to close fully or just a push will close it fully?
Old 11-09-10, 10:56 AM
GSLA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, I can feel the jerk too specially when I come to a stop and when the engine comes back on, it's a fairly "strong" jerk.

Originally Posted by jea

However i found that the change over between the hybrid motor and the engine are not that smooth. I am not sure if it is because of the cold start or what. It feel fine on high speed but on low speed, when the car is deciding to use the hybrid power or engine, the switching feels jerk.

So, is that normal?

Also for the moonroof. It open automatically by pressing the button once but have to hold it to fully close it? or it should close fully by a button only?

Thanks.
Hope i can join GSH family soon.
Old 11-09-10, 03:42 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by jea
Alright then, I think should be alright. From what i can recall, I feel the shaking when I just drove the car out and after a few run on the freeway, i didn't realise the shaking on the way back to the dealer or i was just to excited with the power of the car.

How bout for the moonroof? Is that normal? Do I have to hold the close button to close fully or just a push will close it fully?
All windows and sunroof is one touch......of course you can modulate it yourself....

Its an electronics thing I noticed. Sometimes I've tapped it and it doesn't go all the way back, tap again and it does......its never failed on any Lexus I've owned
Old 11-09-10, 04:17 PM
jea
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
All windows and sunroof is one touch......of course you can modulate it yourself....

Its an electronics thing I noticed. Sometimes I've tapped it and it doesn't go all the way back, tap again and it does......its never failed on any Lexus I've owned
We can actually modulate it?

What if it doesnt work and have to hold to close but work when opening? Can the reset the moonroof setting solve it?
Old 11-09-10, 06:43 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jea
GSh not available in 2006. you mean 2007?
Old 11-09-10, 08:38 PM
jea
Rookie

Originally Posted by Stormforge
GSh not available in 2006. you mean 2007?
erm, we have them in Australia.